PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rest of Eladrin Statuette

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Sort of newb here..I basically got the 3 small eberron frags and traded them with Peta for a portable rest shrine that I can only use once?

Can I sell it?
I see the base value says 65000gp and I know I can't unload it at the AH but is there a vendor who will buy it?

Also, what was the temperature help thing she wanted? I clicked a choice and nothing happened?
Thanks for any help..I haven't been able to find any info about this item except what it can do...once.

Also is the Giles Goodman item with 20 charges of curing critical a rechargable item or just the 20 charges?

Thanks for any help

Visty
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
you could sell it to the vendor, yes

but its a portable shrine, one of the biggest easy buttons in the game, why sell it?

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 09:49 AM
you could sell it to the vendor, yes

but its a portable shrine, one of the biggest easy buttons in the game, why sell it?

Money for a lowbie, You usually do not need portable shrines early in the game anyways. I guess you could always hold onto it til higher level needs arise.

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Sort of newb here..I basically got the 3 small eberron frags and traded them with Peta for a portable rest shrine that I can only use once?

Also is the Giles Goodman item with 20 charges of curing critical a rechargable item or just the 20 charges?

Thanks for any help

It should tell you when you examine if it is 20/rest (day) or just 20 charges

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I tried to sell it to a gen vendor and it didn't show as a sellable item on the sell list of my inventory items?

I maybe dingy but I'd rather have the gp towards something I can reuse like a weapon or better armor or a wand with 50 charges..

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
It should tell you when you examine if it is 20/rest (day) or just 20 charges

oooh..ok thanks

Shamurai
10-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I think it would be impossible to make that as 1/rest item cuz um.. you rest when using it, but if it was say 1/ day item... woowzers.. Seems like a "man I really need that item" that you probably wont have when you actually need it.

now the cure trinket. ooh I'd love that to be to 20/ rest but that would be overpowered...

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Money for a lowbie, You usually do not need portable shrines early in the game anyways. I guess you could always hold onto it til higher level needs arise.

thx..wys

I'm a levl 7 lowbie with pal/rog/soc

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I think it would be impossible to make that as 1/rest item cuz um.. you rest when using it, but if it was say 1/ day item... woowzers.. Seems like a "man I really need that item" that you probably wont have when you actually need it.

now the cure trinket. ooh I'd love that to be to 20/ rest but that would be overpowered...

That's what I was wondering about that trinket..especially since it's a trinket and not something disposable like a wand.
I should have just sold the durn frags I guess.

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
That's what I was wondering about that trinket..especially since it's a trinket and not something disposable like a wand.
I should have just sold the durn frags I guess.

It is probable similar to Keoghtons ointment - 5 charge clickie for cures and then it is gone.

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Plus I think all of the items are just based on the things that you can buy with TP in the store, so they are not going to be too overpowered.

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I was kind of hoping that portable shrine was going to be something like a slow recharger like the wand of eternal acid or something which is another fun item I found recently and love

Lorien_the_First_One
10-28-2009, 10:18 AM
The collectables are what you should have sold

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
The collectables are what you should have sold

Yep. I think you are right.
Speaking of selling or using collectables..what exactly does 'Force Damage' mean?

I am also in the stage of checking out crafting weapons on the Elderich(sp?)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Yep. I think you are right.
Speaking of selling or using collectables..what exactly does 'Force Damage' mean?

I am also in the stage of checking out crafting weapons on the Elderich(sp?)

you just hit on a very common and valuable craft add on to weapons.

One of the "damage types" in this game is "force damage". Magic missiles are an example of this...pure magical force does the damage. Almost no creature has immunity. One of the crafting options for weapons is to add 1 pt of force damage to every hit, another adds 1d4 of force damage to every crit. In either case you are adding free, almost irresistable, damage to your weapons.

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
you just hit on a very common and valuable craft add on to weapons.

One of the "damage types" in this game is "force damage". Magic missiles are an example of this...pure magical force does the damage. Almost no creature has immunity. One of the crafting options for weapons is to add 1 pt of force damage to every hit, another adds 1d4 of force damage to every crit. In either case you are adding free, almost irresistable, damage to your weapons.

Thanks for the response and patient elaboration.
So then basically if I do 12pts of damage in one hit to say a goblin, having 1 pt of force damage means they have 13pts instead of 12pt for damage in that instance?

I'm also just new to DnD and the all the damage math although I think do get some aspects like 1d4 is 1 dice with 4 pts max potential hit points and 2 d6 is 2 six sided dice with 12pts of max hit pt potential and then additional goodies like flame burst..etc. I'm just still a bit confused with critcal hit and multiplier and some glossery terms like that force damage.
I noticed that with the eternal wand of acid..there are really no 'misses'.

IronAngel
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the response and patient elaboration.
So then basically if I do 12pts of damage in one hit to say a goblin, having 1 pt of force damage means they have 13pts instead of 12pt for damage in that instance?

Yes that is how that would work. Your normal damage plus str is applied and if need be then any elemental damage is rolled and added.

I'm also just new to DnD and the all the damage math although I think do get some aspects like 1d4 is 1 dice with 4 pts max and 2 d6 is 2 six sided dice?

That is correct as well. 2d6 is two six sided dice rolled and added together as damage.

You really want to find elemental weapons (flaming, frost, etc.) or pure good, they are nice for the added damage. As far as adding the crafting force damage, many people wait til later levels to use on final weapons. The crafting binds the weapon to you and then you can only sell it at vendors for very little in comparison to some AH items.

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I just have to say too that this is the best free game I have ever played.
To me, the graphic quality and dungeon diversity are unmatched.

FerretBabette
10-28-2009, 11:44 AM
You really want to find elemental weapons (flaming, frost, etc.) or pure good, they are nice for the added damage. As far as adding the crafting force damage, many people wait til later levels to use on final weapons. The crafting binds the weapon to you and then you can only sell it at vendors for very little in comparison to some AH items.

"..many people wait til later levels to use on final weapons."

So I'm guessing then that you can't reset a crafted aspect on a weapon like reassigning feats with 'Fred's notso Cheap Feats' ?

also..where can I sell this durn statue? I can't find a vendor.
Anyway..thanks for all the help.