PDA

View Full Version : I feel a bit ripped off

westerndragon207
10-28-2009, 07:39 AM
So I really wanted my drow when I began playing this game.

Well I broke down and payed for some points at the DDO store to get this character race

Then a short while later i saw that the race would be given to you at 400 total favor......

I thought well maybe i might get my points back at 400 favor because i payed for something that is given out to players for free for reaching a specific goal.....

....well i was WRONG I got my measley 25 store points and a shaft in a place i didnt want it.

I think that those points should have been given back to me and anyone else that bought the race then achieved 400 total favor....

hell if your gonna give everyone else 450 or so points for free why not me at least im a paying customer....

in closing i feel cheated thanks for a great game, but horrible store system

RedlineJunkie
10-28-2009, 07:50 AM
But you've unlocked Drow for all the servers now. So you won't have to get 400 favor on the other servers before you can create a Drow. That's worth something, right?

ApesAmongUs
10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
I couldn't disagree more. I paid my money and then later I got my favor, but in exchange for my money I got 2 weeks of playing instead of waiting and I got to just play the game instead of grinding favor. I don't know anywhere else I can buy 2 weeks of reduced aggravation for my pocket change.

Battleworm
10-28-2009, 07:52 AM
So I really wanted my drow when I began playing this game.

Well I broke down and payed for some points at the DDO store to get this character race

Then a short while later i saw that the race would be given to you at 400 total favor......

I thought well maybe i might get my points back at 400 favor because i payed for something that is given out to players for free for reaching a specific goal.....

....well i was WRONG I got my measley 25 store points and a shaft in a place i didnt want it.

I think that those points should have been given back to me and anyone else that bought the race then achieved 400 total favor....

hell if your gonna give everyone else 450 or so points for free why not me at least im a paying customer....

in closing i feel cheated thanks for a great game, but horrible store system

See,the common mistake is "I want it and i want it now" just like that dumb forecast commercial.You wanted it and wanted it now,you should have known better then to assume then come and cry here.Seriously.

Thorryn
10-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Just a matter of time before all those who bought +1 Full plate, start to complain after they loot a set.....

Honestly I can feel for you, but a little effort on your part (search) you would have found that 400 favor Drow was an option before you bought.

EAB
10-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Please just get over your self!

westerndragon207
10-28-2009, 08:32 AM
over myself? HAH

I just feel like what I got for my 400 favor was ......nothing 25 points ohhh now I can have a lvl 2 hireling.

there should at least be something better..

Shamurai
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
But it's the "I want it now'ers" that will bring a nice pile of loots to Turbine so I say GO FOR IT, you got to have it now'ers. I want Turbine PHAT Rich so I can play this game for years and years.

I personally have a small measure of patience (at least with somethings) so I won't buy Drow (in fact with 3 toons on Thelanis I've unlocked Drow 3 times in a month). I won't buy 32 pt builds, or even favored soul... I can wait till those are free. I diiid buy a nice smattering of packs and warforged (yet to make one), and loving the new content.

DDO didn't Make you buy Drow, your patience level and desire did. So enjoy it! Your argument is like saying OMG I bought milk and veggies when if I only had a farm I coulda got those for free (over time) and demanding they pay you back for all your previously purchased milk and veggies.

cdbd3rd
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
DDO didn't Make you buy Drow, your patience level and desire did. So enjoy it! Your argument is like saying OMG I bought milk and veggies when if I only had a farm I coulda got those for free (over time) and demanding they pay you back for all your previously purchased milk and veggies.

Yup. Good comparison.

Bought em, used em, got what ya paid for. And actually, as already mentioned, buying the Drow unlocked them on all servers making it still more than what 400 on one server would have netted ya.

I believe that one glance at the favor bars notes the Drow being the first Overall favor target at the "400" level.
Sorry, OP, but this is just another case here of folks not wanting to read anything in the game.

Adarin
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I considered doing the same thing, but given the investment I decided to do a little research first. Turns out I can grind favor for certain things and get them for free. I didn't know this and it seems the OP didn't either. Yeah 400 favor (or my real goal of 1750 favor) is a daunting goal, but in the end, it is one that I'm willing to hold off on. If I do break down (or if I hadn't investigated at all and bought it anyway) and buy the items early then I don't expect to be reimbursed.

That said, I have bought points and I've purchased Monks and Warforged on all servers as well as one of the low level adventure packs. My next savings will be for shared storage which will require an additional points purchase, but will be worth it.

Kaddok
10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Mathematics are straight.
You have 6 servers
In ordrer to gain the drow in each you shoul gain 400 favor in all of them.
That means playing with a powerhouse, or finding good parties that let you run every free level 1 to 5 adventure on elite if you don't buy the low level packs. Half level 4 adventures too if you buy them. That is, with luck two or three weeks of play two hours a day with each character, three to four months and a half to unlock in each server what you got by paying.
Doing that nets you 25 points times 4 (100 favor points) times six servers plus 100 points in each server for the first 50 favor points.
That is 1200 turbine points to spend plus the drow in each server... But you played 4 months to have your beloved drow in each server.

You on the other side decided to pay for the benefit of playing with a Drow in each server from the start, you can do the same thing that others do grinding by playing with the character you like.

In short, you choosed to pay for the time you enjoyed playing your drow and reaping the benefits that free players choose to grind using non ideal characters.

If you still fell like being cheated, you are free to do so, but as when you bought the drow, have in mind that it's your choice.

MsEricka
10-29-2009, 05:38 PM
ummmmm wow.

I can't believe you actually whined about that.

Did you bother to read the forums before you purchased drow? No, probably not. If you did you would have known the answer beforehand.

I understand that you feel hurt, and if you like I'll call you a wahmbulance.