PDA

View Full Version : Rewards vs. DDOstore

Bunker
10-28-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm a ViP gamer. I have been playing this game for 3+ years with the intent of gaining items and abilities through completion of quests and the rise of my Favor.

With the addition of the DDOstore, players are now able to achieve certain things such as items, adventure packs, veteren status and 32pt builds by purchase in the DDOstore. We are still able to get "most" of these things as a ViP and through the system of in game currency and Favor.

One thing I would like the decision makers of Turbine to consider:

I would like to see extra shared bank space available by way of an in-game system. Whether favor, quest reward, purchase with game currency. If we are able to gain favor and recieve the ability to have extra regular bank space, I feel the same system or similar system should be available for the shared bank space.

I'm using extra shared bank space as the first example. If this continues in the future, we will see more and more items that are only going to be unlocked via purchase in the DDOstore. I will agree that the DDOstore has had some positive response. However, I think it is important to not only the ViP players but to every gamer that you continue to allow achievement in game.

RedlineJunkie
10-28-2009, 07:52 AM
From today's patch notes:

More Shared Bank Space
You can now increase the size of your shared bank by 10 slots in the DDO Store! Extra shared bank space can be found under the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

Bunker
10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
From today's patch notes:

More Shared Bank Space
You can now increase the size of your shared bank by 10 slots in the DDO Store! Extra shared bank space can be found under the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

That is correct. That is why I made this post.

Now that it is available in the DDOstore through purchase with Turbine Points, I feel that there should be a way to achieve the extra space in game.

In the game, a player can achieve 75 and 150 House K favor and upgrade thier players bank space. Should there not be a way to achieve the extra shared bank space by the same process or similar?

Just like Raid Items, other character equipment, crafting items, 32pt builds, unlocking FvS, ect ect ect, that is part of the enjoyment for a lot of players. It is not only gratifying, but fun to achieve these items in game. It would be a shame to see this be the start of "if I want something, the only way I can get it is through purchase at the store."

I hope that Turbine does take into consideration not just the extra shared bank space but any and all extras that will be available in the game for the future. If the DDOstore now makes extras that were only available by favor, possilbe from purchase. Should the reverse also exsist?

WolfSpirit
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
/signed

The Number of Dollars in your Bank Account should not directly influence your ability to enjoy the same benifits as others.

Did that even make sense?
:cool:
Me and my grammar...

Shamurai
10-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I thnk he was referring to getting Extra Bank Space by in game system.. favor, plat, quest reward etc...

Now what would be really cool is making many things a "Joint-House" favor Req.. like oh say.. since one house is into espionage and another into healing.. why not have a JOINT favor reward of say (Must have 75 favor in House X AND House Y) to get a free hair dye exchange once every.. 3 days..

Or say 75 House K (banknig) + 75 House D (Defense?) for extra SHARED bank space.. House K provides the Space, House D provides the Security to keep it, Shared Favor, Shared Space.

Just my two cents worth.

Bunker
10-28-2009, 08:38 AM
/signed

The Number of Dollars in your Bank Account should not directly influence your ability to enjoy the same benifits as others.

Did that even make sense?
:cool:
Me and my grammar...

grammar aside...(i'm not the best at it anyways)....Yes, that makes sense.

And I hope anyone reading this does not see this thread as another "I disapprove of the DDOstore" thread. That is just not true. The DDOstore is here to stay. It is a system that Turbine has brought to DDO and I do not see it ever shutting down. I just hope that this system is an alternate means of achieving items and unlocking extras. Not a replacement.

MrPlucky
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
/signed

As a person who gets satisfaction out of accomplishing things, I totally agree. I can afford to buy the extra shared bank space, unless they make it really expensive, but would rather achieve it. Favor seems the most likely route, even favor and plat like the extra character bank space. I for one will not purchase this, it would be nice but not necessary to have. I would just have to log my haggle bot more than once to sell loot. I spend so much time in game, whats another 5 minutes anyway.

Just my 2¢.

I use ¢ because were talking about real money here, for some people.

Bunker
10-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I thnk he was referring to getting Extra Bank Space by in game system.. favor, plat, quest reward etc...

Now what would be really cool is making many things a "Joint-House" favor Req.. like oh say.. since one house is into espionage and another into healing.. why not have a JOINT favor reward of say (Must have 75 favor in House X AND House Y) to get a free hair dye exchange once every.. 3 days..

Or say 75 House K (banknig) + 75 House D (Defense?) for extra SHARED bank space.. House K provides the Space, House D provides the Security to keep it, Shared Favor, Shared Space.

Just my two cents worth.

Something like that. Sure, it doesn't have to be the same, but anything along that sort of line is good.

Take for example XP potions. You can buy thm in the DDOstore using Turbine Points. Turbine was also clever to add Small & Medium Eberron Dragonshard Fragments that you can turn in to achieve the same XP potions. This is a good example of what, IMO, they should continue to do.

Turbine wants the players to use the DDOstore, but it is an even smarter move to allow the players to earn these extras in game.

Grim04
11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
You can get anything from the store in-game, since getting favor gets you turbine points.

Plus you get 500/points a month if you're VIP.

Ivid
11-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Seems about every two-three weeks Turbine adds a new tier of items that can be bought from the store. First +1 equipment and tomes.... then +2 equipment and tomes... now +3 equipment. Figure +3 tomes will be showing soon.

Give it about six months... +12 tomes. Then they'll see they can make even more money by offering +15 tomes.

It's like being a DM addicted to cigarettes and not having any, so... "Hey... um, I'll give you a +5 Holy Vorpal Blade for a smoke and an extra 5HD for your holy mount for a light."

If we thought Monty Haul was bad...

Wondering how much we'll have to pay for a Ring of Three Wishes, oh...and how about a Deck of Many Things?

Thorzian
11-09-2009, 06:30 PM
i'm with bunk. everything available in the ddo store should be available in game without using the store. the only exceptions i can think of are huge bags/quivers, extra character slots, xp potions, and hair dyes.

and what is with a ddo store bought favor based unlock trumping an unlocked one? i speak of the drow race, 32 point builds, favored soul class, and starting at level 4. it really bothers me that a player of 3+ years who has been grinding favor in this game and wants to create some toons on another server suddenly is without the ability to create the class of his choice, is restricted to a 28 point build, and all could have been easier done both on his home server AND have it all carry on over just by dropping turbine 50 bucks... that is 50 bucks more than the hundreds already spent.

just wait for reincarnation to be available only through the ddo store.

come on turbine, drop us a bone already. let an unlocked favor bonus be game wide just as a turbine point purchased bonus of the same type would be.

ApesAmongUs
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
now +3 equipment.
OH NO! People can buy +3 equipment at the store. Next you'll tell me people can flush money down the toilet or burn it if they want! What is the world coming to?

dopey69
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
/signed we should be able to work for or towards anything in the game

CrimsonEagle
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
grammar aside...(i'm not the best at it anyways)....Yes, that makes sense.

And I hope anyone reading this does not see this thread as another "I disapprove of the DDOstore" thread. That is just not true. The DDOstore is here to stay. It is a system that Turbine has brought to DDO and I do not see it ever shutting down. I just hope that this system is an alternate means of achieving items and unlocking extras. Not a replacement.

Excellent points and I agree.

MrPlucky
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Little bump just to get this thread back in the light. And I'm still wondering if we're going to be able to open this via in-game mechanics. :)

Bunker
11-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Thx MrPlucky. I really do hope that the Devs do take a few minutes and consider my words.

I know that someone above said that we can get everything by in game means because we get TP through favor. This however is not the same thing. I'm talking about quest or favor rewards like getting extra bank space and extra inventory space. I think it would be a logical choice to make extra shared bank space available by way of favor or quest reward.

All I'm saying is what I said before. The store is good, and I hope it stays, but I do not wish the store to replace what is possible in game. I also wish that the store not deter the devs from adding future in-game rewards. It is a lovely addition and should be treated as such. A second option for gamers, not a replacement.

MrPlucky
11-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Thx MrPlucky. I really do hope that the Devs do take a few minutes and consider my words.

I know that someone above said that we can get everything by in game means because we get TP through favor. This however is not the same thing. I'm talking about quest or favor rewards like getting extra bank space and extra inventory space. I think it would be a logical choice to make extra shared bank space available by way of favor or quest reward.

All I'm saying is what I said before. The store is good, and I hope it stays, but I do not wish the store to replace what is possible in game. I also wish that the store not deter the devs from adding future in-game rewards. It is a lovely addition and should be treated as such. A second option for gamers, not a replacement.

QFT

NP Bunker, You brought this up, and it's been on my mind ever since :)

MrPlucky
11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Apparently nobody else has noticed this, or it doesn't matter to them.

Oh well, such is the breaks :)

wemery73
12-01-2009, 12:06 AM
i hope it can be unlocked by favor.. if you have to buy it why be called a vip..should rename us to very important buyers lol:D

Shanzookie
12-01-2009, 04:12 AM
i hope it can be unlocked by favor.. if you have to buy it why be called a vip..should rename us to very important buyers lol:D

Thought you could get this if you had enough favor in house k! am i wrong?

wemery73
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
nope just store so far

Battleworm
12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
You can get anything from the store in-game, since getting favor gets you turbine points.

Plus you get 500/points a month if you're VIP.

Where to farm for the supreme ability tome?

dogpig00
12-01-2009, 02:39 PM

NO. The more you pay, the more you enjoy. If you disagree, I'll buy Turbine (yes the company), and make every kobold in the game screw you...

Mylon
12-02-2009, 12:54 AM
I suspect this is exactly like character slots. No way to unlock in game, no way intended to unlock in game. We're just going to have to make do with the storage we have, as pitifully tiny as it may seem.

moorewr
12-06-2009, 09:02 AM
I agree, Bunk.

agree

Gunga
12-06-2009, 10:13 AM
/signed

Wizzly_Bear
12-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm a ViP gamer. I have been playing this game for 3+ years with the intent of gaining items and abilities through completion of quests and the rise of my Favor.

With the addition of the DDOstore, players are now able to achieve certain things such as items, adventure packs, veteren status and 32pt builds by purchase in the DDOstore. We are still able to get "most" of these things as a ViP and through the system of in game currency and Favor.

One thing I would like the decision makers of Turbine to consider:

I would like to see extra shared bank space available by way of an in-game system. Whether favor, quest reward, purchase with game currency. If we are able to gain favor and recieve the ability to have extra regular bank space, I feel the same system or similar system should be available for the shared bank space.

I'm using extra shared bank space as the first example. If this continues in the future, we will see more and more items that are only going to be unlocked via purchase in the DDOstore. I will agree that the DDOstore has had some positive response. However, I think it is important to not only the ViP players but to every gamer that you continue to allow achievement in game.
/signed

Also...aren't Huge bags only available through the store as well? I think everything should be available to earn in game by some means without resorting to the store.

moorewr
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
/signed

Also...aren't Huge bags only available through the store as well? I think everything should be available to earn in game by some means without resorting to the store.

Yes, and they're Bound to Character, too.

Wizzly_Bear
12-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Add hireling folders to the list as well.

tfangel
12-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Now that it is available in the DDOstore through purchase with Turbine Points, I feel that there should be a way to achieve the extra space in game.

There is, get favor to get points, use those points to get space. All done in game.

Just like Raid Items, other character equipment, crafting items, 32pt builds, unlocking FvS, ect ect ect, that is part of the enjoyment for a lot of players.

It is also part of my enjoyment that now i can buy them in the store as i could never get a group for the quests that no one did to get more than drow favor on my character i played since near launch. Different strokes for different folks, I say make it so if it can be gotten in game, it should be in the store. I've been looking for those stupid portable holes to get that last bag space and would rather buy it with points, same with regular bank space. Some people have more time than money, some more money than time.

moorewr
12-06-2009, 12:58 PM
There is, get favor to get points, use those points to get space. All done in game.

This is simply not true. You can not obtain additional shared bank space by any means other than the store.

Wizzly_Bear
12-06-2009, 01:12 PM
This is simply not true. You can not obtain additional shared bank space by any means other than the store.
He's saying to just grind the points via favor to buy it. Rather funny coming from someone who's complaining that they can't get 1750 favor after ~3 years :rolleyes:

Bunker
12-06-2009, 01:13 PM

It is also part of my enjoyment that now i can buy them in the store as i could never get a group for the quests that no one did to get more than drow favor on my character i played since near launch. Different strokes for different folks, I say make it so if it can be gotten in game, it should be in the store. I've been looking for those stupid portable holes to get that last bag space and would rather buy it with points, same with regular bank space. Some people have more time than money, some more money than time.

Getting favor point to spend in the store is not the same thing as in game favor rewards.

Just like you say you would rather buy a portable hole in the store, I could very well say that you can do 75 Argonesses(sp) favor and get a PH in game. I'm not saying get rid of the store, but like you, would like to see multiple options. I do feel that not everything should be availablein store, ei. raid loot ect......But for extra things like bank space, inventory space, 32 pt builds, unlocking vet status, they should have BOTH in game and store ways of obtaining.

moorewr
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
He's saying to just grind the points via favor to buy it. Rather funny coming from someone who's complaining that they can't get 1750 favor after ~3 years :rolleyes:

25 TP per 100 favor. 995 TP for slots 21-30 of the shared bank== 3980 favor. :eek:

Wizzly_Bear
12-06-2009, 01:25 PM
25 TP per 100 favor. 995 TP for slots 21-30 of the shared bank== 3980 favor. :eek:
Well since everyone is obviously just like him, it should only take you about 10 years to get it. What are you complaining about?

moorewr
12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Well since everyone is obviously just like him, it should only take you about 10 years to get it. What are you complaining about?

Yes sir. I'll get right with my first TR sir. See you in 2019, sir. :)

omorris
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
It would also be cool to have a few of these to drop on your playmates, kind of like the grease clickies. “What, I fumbled (rolled a 1). You slip on an imaginary green turtle and loose 1 turn while you contemplate your surroundings!

The true P&P follies for the old fumblers in the group.