PDA

View Full Version : Fighter path/need help

Blazeofhonor
10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi all

I created 2 fighters 1 with a path and 1 without. The fighter without the path got ruined and was not strong, the fighter with the path is really strong but there r several things bothering me about the pathed fighter.

1. I cant seem to get cleave - I have all the prerequisites including power strike (she is lvl5)
2. My int is only 9 - do u think i should put a point or 2 into int?
3. Should I choose to go my own way and get off the path? I am a bit afraid to do this..i dont wanna mess my fighter up.

Any help would be aprreciated. Its a hard game to learn and unlike any other mmo i have played, but i love it!!!

Torosar
10-27-2009, 07:46 PM
1. I cant seem to get cleave - I have all the prerequisites including power strike (she is lvl5)
2. My int is only 9 - do u think i should put a point or 2 into int?
3. Should I choose to go my own way and get off the path? I am a bit afraid to do this..i dont wanna mess my fighter up.

1. I think you mean 'Power Attack' instead of 'Power Strike'? Anyway, assuming you have Power Attack at the next level you get to take a feat, you should be able to select it.
2. No, you never need intelligence as a Fighter. You need Strength!
3. I can understand your reluctance to stray from the path provided to build your Fighter for fear of messing the character up, however you should know that the paths provided are generally worse than what you could have made yourself. There are a lot of threads you can read about Fighters to help you out, or you can start your own if you need some specific advice.

I hope that helps!

Aranticus
10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
there are 2 builds in my template thread. you need to custom in order to create them but they will be better than what is given in the paths

ps: toro, combat expertise need 13 int :)

Hunternixx
10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
there are 2 builds in my template thread. you need to custom in order to create them but they will be better than what is given in the paths

ps: toro, combat expertise need 13 int :)

Aranticus,
Thank you and great stuff!! I just recently saw your thread with your builds in it and I (amongst others) really appreciate it. Quick question for you though, I would like to build a human fighter. Do you think I am better off using your Human Fighter / Rogue build or a straight fighter build (of which maybe you can create or recommend)?

I too am very new and started a Vanguard fighter just the other evening. If I can obtain a better build I would love to use it.

Only requirements: able to solo and do damage (I don't have a ton of time to play so when I do get to I'd rather not be taking damage, be able to solo when necessary and would like to defeat something (- can you tell I am an ex-pally from World of Warcraft?)

Also, if anyone else has any build suggestions for making a fighter please feel free to add.

Thank you!