PDA

View Full Version : Spellsword - Greater Two handed fighting worth loosing 2 extra levels of wizard?

DnD3
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Making either a 18Wiz/2 Rogue or 18Sorc/2 Rogue WF that will use 2H weapons, I have a few questions:

1. By around how much will Greater Two handed fighting improve dps of 2 handers?

2. I can only take it by sacrificing an extra 2 levels of fighter on top of rogue levels, which leaves me one level below, I'm right now leaning on not taking it, is it the right choice?

3. Does the Reconstruct speed increase stack with Rogue haste boost 2 and the haste spell?

Angelus_dead
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
1. By around how much will Greater Two handed fighting improve dps of 2 handers?
2. I can only take it by sacrificing an extra 2 levels of fighter on top of rogue levels, which leaves me one level below, I'm right now leaning on not taking it, is it the right choice?
3. Does the Reconstruct speed increase stack with Rogue haste boost 2 and the haste spell?
3. Reconstruct is the same bonus as Haste.
2. GTHF is not worth it for someone who's mostly a caster.
1. A glancing blow can do close to half the damage of a regular attack, and GTHF can give you glancing blows on another 25% of attacks, which might approach +12% more DPS.

However, for a mage-based character who has less strength and gets more of his weapon damage from extra dice, glancing blows are not as powerful compared to your regular hits. Your str is less, your PA is less, and you get fewer glancing procs.

ddoer
10-28-2009, 03:37 AM
wiz18/rog2 is much better than sorc18/rog2. you can take the insightful reflex feat and a meaningful evasion. As you may know already, you could get more skill points by taking the first level as a rog

unless you know what exactly you are doing, it's not a good idea to build a THF wiz