PDA

View Full Version : Which Collectables to get rid of?

LokiMudPaw
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I’ve been accumulating a ton of collectables. I have been too scared to turn them in because I don’t really know which to keep and which to give to a collector. I know pure water is a keeper but is there a list anywhere of which stuff to hold onto? Should I turn most in so I can sell the stuff I get for the trade or should I just keep it all? BTW I know the link to the definitive collectables link (so should I just keep items that are marked for crafting?)

Cupcake
10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
*Get rid of all of them? LOL just kidding.

I know there is a thread somewhere about collectibles. I don't remember where it is. Let's hope someone can be a bit more helpful than I am.

and good luck with your collection. I do know that some of them give you cure mod wands and such which are nice.

cdbd3rd
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
*Get rid of all of them?.....

Blasphemy!!!! :eek:

:p

Here's what you're looking for:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251

Us collectable addicts gotta stick together.

Cupcake
10-27-2009, 06:32 PM
LOL Hiya CD!!!!

I KNEW my response would get someone to give you what you were looking for LOL. :D

ivar415
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Collectable

Best page on this.
Oh and don´t walk but RUN to the little Reptile if you have Icon´s of Khyber.
If you get lucky you´ll be a proud owner of a reptilian bane weapon you can actually use. Best thing that can happen to you in those early harbor quests.

Brennie
10-27-2009, 10:25 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Collectable

Best page on this.
Oh and don´t walk but RUN to the little Reptile if you have Icon´s of Khyber.
If you get lucky you´ll be a proud owner of a reptilian bane weapon you can actually use. Best thing that can happen to you in those early harbor quests.

More likely you'll end up with 40 reptilian bane arrows, 60 reptilian bane bolts and a +1 lesser reptilian bane light hammer >_>.

Still, its a free shot at the slot machine, so might as well use it ^_^

adRyft
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey now... that +1 Reptilian Bane light hammer was my main weapon for a long portion of my harbor quests! Don't pick on it.

Speaking of picks, 'twas a heavy pick (reptilian bane, also) that ended up replacing it.

Once you find a solid +2 martial weapon that you can get some additional feat or enhancement related bonuses in, it's not such a big deal, but early on... that heavy pick was damned nice to have against all those kobolds for a long while!

SangRahl
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
More likely you'll end up with 40 reptilian bane arrows, 60 reptilian bane bolts and a +1 lesser reptilian bane light hammer >_>.

Still, its a free shot at the slot machine, so might as well use it ^_^

Hey, I was able to sell that Light Hammer (after using it for a level as my anti-trog offhand)... after cutting the buyout to about 1/3 Base Value. Heheheh.

Not many people look for 1d4 Offhand weapons, it seems. Of course, along that line, I can't wait for my TWF Dwarf to hit ML4, so he can lose the wimpy Handaxe and dual his Waraxes. Heheheh. (And if anyone gives him any guff about taking OTWF, they can go swim in a gelatinous cube... Not like he can't just go have a chat with Fred once he's to the point of consistently hitting on 2's.)

And, for the record, those bolts/arrows absolutely rock for passing on to more ranged-centric characters. +1 Reptilian Bane Ammo fired from a ML2 +1 Elemental -or- Pure Good Bow/Repeater tears through Kobalds and Trogs like 120mm sabot through light armor. My Bard keeps 3 quivers on hand at all times... a Thin with normal, Masterwork and +1 Bolts for general use; another Thin with Reptilian and Goblinoid Bane Bolts; and a Wide to auto-gather any other Arrows/Bolts for pack space. (No Deneith Favor, yet... and too cheap to fork out TPs for Quivers.)