PDA

View Full Version : Scribe Scroll

Arcanecantrips
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I've looked in DDO wiki and I can't find anything on this. In PnP a magic user was able to scribe spells they know into a scroll with the scribe scroll feat.

Does something like this exist in DDO, or do I just need to purchase/find all my scrolls?

Arianrhod
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Wizards in DDO begin play with the Scribe Scroll feat.

HOWEVER, it's nothing like the PnP version. Instead of being able to scribe spells they know onto scrolls (which that can cast from, sell, give away, or whatever), the ability is what they have to use to add spells to their spellbook (beyond the 2 per level they get when leveling up).

There are no item crafting feats in DDO as in PnP. No scribing scrolls, enchanting wands, making wondrous items, brewing potions, etc. The only ways to get these items are to buy them from vendors (or the auction house) or find them as loot (or get them as rewards for collectible turnins).

ricorin
10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
If your a wizard, you can inscribe arcane scrolls into your spellbook.

You need the inscribe skill(you can't not have it), the scroll you want to inscribe, and the inscription materials.
The scrolls can be found in dungeons, or bought from various vendors. Same with the inscription materials.
Just select the scroll and hit inscribe

Arcanecantrips
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for letting me know, on a semi related note, can I cast a scroll of a spell that I don't know as long as it is of my level?

PS: Character is a Sor.

Arianrhod
10-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know, on a semi related note, can I cast a scroll of a spell that I don't know as long as it is of my level?

PS: Character is a Sor.

Yes, in fact you can cast from scrolls a level or 2 higher, with a small failure chance.
However (there's that word again...) all scrolls in DDO are scribed at minimum possible caster level with the minimum possible casting stat. So a scroll of Charm Person will be Caster level 1, and assume a casting stat of 11, for a save DC of ...11 :P Even a kobold is likely to make that Will save. Then there's the scroll of Shield....60 second duration (make that 57, by the time you get something useful equipped in your hand after casting the scroll...)