PDA

View Full Version : Please add short knockdown immunity timer after knockdown

Gratch
10-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Either fix air elementals to behave like actual D&D air elementals (much like your current air djinnis - where they go in and out of whirlwind mode) or add a knockdown immunity timer directly following the most recent air elemental knockdown.

It is not "playing" a game to watch your character get flung all over a dungeon.

If only there was a way on the forums how one could show why people want a break from the same repetitive annoyance over and over and over.

Lormyr
10-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I couldn't agree more. Being knocked down, even in somewhat rapid succession, is not too terrible. But when a pair of elementals have you pinned to the floor near helplessly for 40 seconds while everything slowly kills you, it's rather frustrating.

Cedwin
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Happened to me on my monk out in the vale last night. An air elemental knocked me down, then kept throwing me over and over, and over, right into a pack of ogres and spiders. I have a decent balance, plus a balance ring from invaders, but every single time I would stand up I'd get knocked right back down. Needless to say, I just sat there watching as the spiders and ogres killed my monk.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
agreed. There is no "fun" or "skill" in the current way of doing things.

Urguwno
10-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Freedom of Movement / Spiked Boots should protect vs. Air Elemental knockdowns. Please fix this.

Max2000
10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Getting locked to death by a mob with much lower level than your own character is definitely annoying if not frustrating.

Very good suggestion.

TheKeg
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Agreed. Though I've not met up with Air Elementals yet, the black wolves had a fair go of me the other night. Was tripped 5 times in succession and couldn't stand up long enough to even jump up away from them.

Gratch
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
And yes... we've had this thread a hundred times before... which is why to demonstrate the annoyingness of "no-play-watch-the-game" repetition... I posted it in 6 places this time.

I'm sure Tolero/Tarrant/Cube will merge/delete some/all the threads... but maybe they'll fail their save and the threads will knock them down? Or maybe they'll make their save and like our current air ellies... they'll get thrown through the air anyways.

lanthan
10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
The most frustrating thing for me is that my monk only gets knocked down when he rolls a 1. Yet 95% of the time a air elemental runs into me I get knocked down.

TFPAQ
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Freedom of Movement / Spiked Boots should protect vs. Air Elemental knockdowns. Please fix this.

/signed!!!

GreenGurgler
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM
/Signed ... please for the love of god this needs some dev attention.

Slorgs
10-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Personally, I find it very annoying as I am melee, but casters have no problem with this mob. Personally I think there should be more rock/paper/scissors mobs that require different skills or tactics to kill.

If anyone out there ever played Asheron's Call (best game ever) I present the "Ash Gromnie" called by most players the "a** gromnie", a monster that moved at twice the speed of light and spat out lightning like a machinegun. Woe be to anyone wearing metal armor!

While I would like to be able to melee an air elemental down they don't bother me that much as they can usually be avoided (outside of SoS). It doesn't keep me awake at night that I can't.

AH search on the other hand :)

Talon_Moonshadow
10-27-2009, 01:12 PM
This is a great idea.

My only complait about Air ellies is when I am alone against them...and they knock you on your butt non-stop. And all you can do is hope they bug out.

Bad game design there.

Give a short buff to resist knockdown after being knockeddown sounds good.

Still being flung away would still make them unmeleeable...but not being knocked on your butt would giver you time to do something.

/signed