PDA

View Full Version : How DO You Know When Ransack Timer is Expired?

Osco
10-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Is there a way to tell when the ransack timer on a quest has expired without running it? Will messing up and running it a day or so early reset the timer?

Just more stuff to be confused over in this game....

darkdawn1
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Is there a way to tell when the ransack timer on a quest has expired without running it? Will messing up and running it a day or so early reset the timer?

I think it is seven or eight days from the first time you ran it. Other than that, I don't know if there is any other way to know. It should reset automatically regardless as to if you run it just to see.

Osco
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh I thought it was seven days after you LAST ran it!

IronAngel
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM

The timer starts from the first time you run someting (not just when you hit ransack)and goes for 7 days. If you run it again before the timer is up it does not reset. Sometimes the timer is off by a couple of hours so do not worry if it does not reset at exactly the same time.

smatt
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Each individual chest, as well as the end reward for each quest is rasacked seperately. They will reset exactly 7 days to the minute from the first time you opened them on the current cycle. Remember that optional chests that have th epossibility of spawning in different locations are also on seperate ransacks. Also opeing a chest (looking in it a second time) on the same trip will count against ransack. But it seems to be limited ot only 2 per run, so lookign in it a 3rd time won't count. Not sure why this is..... I havent' been actively ransacking quests and chests like I used to, the game has gotten oh so large.....

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Also opeing a chest (looking in it a second time) on the same trip will count against ransack.

This isn't entirely true - opening a chest a second time will allow you to 'preview' whether the next time you open the chest will be a potential ransack, but it will not increment any counters - the counter is only incremented once and once only: upon the first opening of the chest and generation of your loot.

Garth

ivar415
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Is the ransack timer&count independent from the quest difficulty?
I mean, can I still do the 1st normal run after I ransacked it on solo, etc.?

Jendrak
10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
You will still get xp bonus from a first time run on any diff. but your loot will still be "ransacked".

tihocan
10-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Is the ransack timer&count independent from the quest difficulty?
I mean, can I still do the 1st normal run after I ransacked it on solo, etc.?
You will still be ransacked when running on normal.

smatt
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
This isn't entirely true - opening a chest a second time will allow you to 'preview' whether the next time you open the chest will be a potential ransack, but it will not increment any counters - the counter is only incremented once and once only: upon the first opening of the chest and generation of your loot.

Garth

Confirmed by a Dev comment? If this were the case, the onyl way to confirm it from a player standpoint would be to open the chest a second time, see the ransack notice... Then reset the instance open and pull a named item fromt he chest.....

I'm not disagreeing, I've just never pulled a named item in a such a case.....

SoulDecay
10-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Newb question here...

What's Ransack?

Kirachan
10-27-2009, 11:08 AM
When you open a chest too often in a short time, the loot gets worse, till you get no loot at all. That's called ransacked.

tihocan
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Confirmed by a Dev comment? If this were the case, the onyl way to confirm it from a player standpoint would be to open the chest a second time, see the ransack notice... Then reset the instance open and pull a named item fromt he chest.....

I'm not disagreeing, I've just never pulled a named item in a such a case.....
Yes it's been confirmed by a dev (and no I don't remember exactly who and when and where).
And I don't understand your "proof". If you get the ransack message when you open the chest a second time, then you'll get it next time you open the chest after resetting the instance, and if the named item cannot drop in ransack status, then you won't pull a named item.