PDA

View Full Version : Group Leader Incentive

Urguwno
10-26-2009, 04:34 PM
You have to appreciate the hassle some folks go through in putting together groups, and I'd like to see their efforts rewarded.

I'd like to see group leaders receive some token benefit every time their group completes a quest with a full party.

This could be anything from a 1% exp bonus to a number of Turbine Points equal to the favor granted by the quest. Perhaps leading a raid group could count double?

In any case, I think it would be nice if the people that consistently take on the responsibility of group leader received some in-game credit other than an occasional "thank you".

Thoughts?

moops
10-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Great Idea--I would take Turbine Points over XP personally.

Twerpp
10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I think you would see asstarded things like 6 lfms unfilled for the same quest, and arguments over who could lead it better or who is more qualified to lead. Bring it on.

Borror0
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
While the intent is nice, I don't see this as having any beneficial effect. You would just end up with more slackers starting a group and not really managing it. If we are to reward leadership, we should discuss about rewarding guild leadership first because they put a lot of efforts into managing something incredibly beneficial to the game but, there again, we end up with the same sort of problems...

There is just no way to reward leadership without rewarding the slackers that just present themselves as leaders.

I think you would see asstarded things like 6 lfms unfilled for the same quest, and arguments over who could lead it better or who is more qualified to lead.
This too.

Memnir
10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Leading well tends to be it's own reward.

dasein18
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Leading well tends to be it's own reward.

Agree.

If leading is too much a hassle for you.. don't do it.

MysterX
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Good Leadership already pays dividends in the forms of:

Better coordination of tactics & strategy (group cohesion)
Faster quest completion with less hardship (questing efficiency)
ability to handle harder difficulty levels (better rewards)

... there are many other benefits too, however, it isn't always the person with the doing the "leading". Sometimes it's the poor distressed healer who asks that everyone stick together, sometimes it's the canny rogue who knows where the traps are, sometimes its the veteran warrior who knows what weapons and buffs will be needed for the next fight. So I don't think there ought to be any rewards based solely on who sent the invites.

mistyfish603
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I think you would see asstarded things like 6 lfms unfilled for the same quest, and arguments over who could lead it better or who is more qualified to lead.

This.

JakLee7
10-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I think you would see asstarded things like 6 lfms unfilled for the same quest, and arguments over who could lead it better or who is more qualified to lead. Bring it on.

Where is the reward for the funniest thing of the day - you win hands down Twerpp!
ty for that! It made my day.

Urguwno
10-26-2009, 05:37 PM

The idea is to provide a small, token reward. Anyone that consistently puts up the LFM and completes quests with their parties may realize more of a significant benefit over time.

Perhaps I'm just optimistic, but I can't imagine hordes clamoring for the star over a 1% exp bonus or a few turbine points.

Urguwno
10-26-2009, 05:43 PM
... there are many other benefits too, however, it isn't always the person with the doing the "leading". Sometimes it's the poor distressed healer who asks that everyone stick together, sometimes it's the canny rogue who knows where the traps are, sometimes its the veteran warrior who knows what weapons and buffs will be needed for the next fight. So I don't think there ought to be any rewards based solely on who sent the invites.

You are talking about being a good player/gamer, and certainly that is its own reward.

I'm specifically suggesting something for the folks that put teams of those individuals together.

Sir_Chonas
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Group leading is amazing for the nonnecessary classes. People who multi-class, and melee characters tend to have less group invites than clerics, rogues, and casters. Hence, my multi-class strength character forms parties. Every time I get on I check the LFM and if no one is running what quests I want then I make my own group. If I don't get any hits in 5 minutes then I start the invite process. This begins with checking my friends to find similarly levelled people who I've quested with before. If this fails, I search the LFG, then start messaging the classes I know I'll need for a quest.

Being a leader is great, groups I've joined have had a 85% higher failure rate than groups I've created. I know what I want, and am rewarded constantly for being able to direct a group of people. Therefore, I think giving an additional reward would be great (since I form up to 6 parties a night [at least 1 substitution]), and complete as many quests as I start. However, I think that leading itself is a bonus worth seeking, and I will continue to lead parties into the infinite unexplored to gain glory and treasure.

mistyfish603
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Kinda want to clarify my dislike for a leadership reward. I LOVE the idea for rewarding those who perform well and go out of their way to help others. But adding a substantial reward i.e. anything that isn't just for show like a nifty hat or cape of coolness, ends up making people squabble over who will lead or whatnot. And just cause you can form a party doesn't necessarily mean you can lead a party and the game would make no distinction between the two. Which could in theory be corrected by having a reputation system where others vote at the end of a quest on how well you lead or such and the points you earn via that could be spent on TP or other gizmos and gadgets. But player imputed reputation systems are always terribly abused.