PDA

View Full Version : Tomes

lordbachus
10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
How many tomes can i use on a character ?

Junts
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Tomes don't stack, but you can use as many as you want.

If you have used a +1 statistic tome, you'll get +1.. using a +2 tome in the same statistic will give you +1 more, for a total of +2. Using further +2 tomes in that statistic will do nothing.

Acquiring tomes above +2 is posisble but takes quite a bit of time and effort; its uncommon for a character to have +3 tomes in every statistic, and +4 are exceptionally rare.

KingOfCheese
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
As many as you want.

The effects don't stack though. So using a +1 STR and then another +1 STR doesn't give you +2--it only gives you +1 (actually, it won't let you use the 2nd one).

So you could use a +1 for all 6 stats.

Then a +2 for all 6 stats.

Then a +3 for all 6 stats (really hard to get these).

Then a +4 for all 6 stats (really hard to get these).

24 total can be used. More likely, you will find a few +1s and use them. Then maybe a +2 on a stat where you haven't used a +1 yet--so you'll never use a +1. And so on.

dasein18
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
You can use.. a +1, +2, +3, and +4 for each ability..... you can also use a +1 str and then again another +1 str but they do not stack.. so do not do that.. but DDO will let you do stupid stuff like that...

dasein18
10-26-2009, 04:27 PM
As many as you want.

The effects don't stack though. So using a +1 STR and then another +1 STR doesn't give you +2--it only gives you +1 (actually, it won't let you use the 2nd one).

really.. did they fix that.. back when I was more of a noob then I am today (insert your joke here)..... I admit to eating two +1 of the same type.. I remember that it did .. nom nom nom... and I was very upset when I realized what a stupid move that was..

KingOfCheese
10-26-2009, 04:30 PM
really.. did they fix that.. back when I was more of a noob then I am today (insert your joke here)..... I admit to eating two +1 of the same type.. I remember that it did .. nom nom nom... and I was very upset when I realized what a stupid move that was..

I did the same thing :) . I'm pretty sure I saw that this has been fixed (with Mod9 changes?).

dasein18
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I did the same thing :) . I'm pretty sure I saw that this has been fixed (with Mod9 changes?).

If they fixed it.. I want my tome back..