PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Challenge Permadeath Group

kafrielveddicus
10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I am looking to form a group of players for a Extreme challenge group known as the Valkryies.

This group will be following all guild rules and static group rules with the following additions;

***No Trading or Gifting to or from outside of group
***All quests will be run on one setting only(The Hardest) with no repeating, this means all quests will be run on Elite setting only, except the five solo only quests
***Voice is required(No Exceptions)

Please note this challenge is for experienced players only!!!

Currently this group will be playing on Tuesday or Thursday evening Starting at around 8:00 EST, we are still undecided on whether house buffs are allowed and whether we will allow shrines and how we will treat encounter areas or whether we will run any quests with an over-leveling xp penalty, I am hoping to get folks that want to make it as difficult as possible(let's make a statement to the elitists in our community).

Currently have the following members; Kaf,Narc,Rezo,Rab,Moon (only one more spot)

Have a line on one other but awaiting word, otherwise please get back to me as soon as possible if you want in, I will be accepting on a first come basis, assuming you meet the credentials.

If you are interested in this challenge please PM me or register on the guild website and contact me there or find me online

Talish
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
How are you going to open elite if no one in group has done the quest yet?

kafrielveddicus
10-26-2009, 02:15 PM
How are you going to open elite if no one in group has done the quest yet?

PM sent!!!

OzmarDDO
11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
PM sent!!!

I'm kind of curious about this as well. Can you send me that PM? Or post your reply here?

Thanks!
-Ozmar the Curious

kafrielveddicus
12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Still looking for a couple takers for this challenge!!!!

DoyleL
12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm kind of curious about this as well. Can you send me that PM? Or post your reply here?

Thanks!
-Ozmar the Curious

My guess is that a character that's already done it on Hard opens the quest and then leaves the group.

mrtoast08
12-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey narc spoke with u in game and im interested in joining ur challenge. plz pm me with any further info ty

kafrielveddicus
12-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey narc spoke with u in game and im interested in joining ur challenge. plz pm me with any further info ty

Hey toast will do as son as i have a commitment from a full six!!!

Will not be starting this until the new year at best!!!

Teharahma
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey toast will do as son as i have a commitment from a full six!!!

Will not be starting this until the new year at best!!!

Hey there Narc !

Count me in :D !
I'm for one hell of a good party
/dance

Lol, serious though, lets get this group started!

-Teh

kafrielveddicus
01-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey there Narc !

Count me in :D !
I'm for one hell of a good party
/dance

Lol, serious though, lets get this group started!

-Teh

Thanks for posting your build concept on the guild website Teh!!!

We will try and make sure the party has a balanced coordination!!!

greyhook
02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
If you run each quest only once you may run out of content before getting enough XP to level to the next content.

kafrielveddicus
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
If you run each quest only once you may run out of content before getting enough XP to level to the next content.

That is what makes this challenge so difficult is the lack of XP available!!!

parvo
02-25-2010, 06:15 PM
That is what makes this challenge so difficult is the lack of XP available!!!

There's no lack of XP in DDO. You could run evey quest only once on elite and your character level will still get ahead of quest level. If you do every quest, you will be bluelined around level eight-nine, and shortly after, be "forced" to level or do quests for zero XP.

Currently Mortal Voyage opens only hard or elite and no repeat unless someoene genuinely needs help. I never repeat, always finding something every groupmate hasn't done. Still, all my characters of mid-level range have skipped about half the quests getting up to level ten. If they ever let us open elite first, we'll do that.

Granted, there are some very tough quests to complete on elite, if your character is not beyond the quest level, but that's what makes this a fun challenge, not the mythical lack of XP.

Are the characters completing this challenge non-anon in MyDDO? I'd like to follow the progress of your group. It does sound like a fun challenge.

Oh yea...so for series quests, how are you progressing the quest on elite? How does the non-group-mate progress the next leg?

kafrielveddicus
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM
We have not yet found the right mix of six players;

But we are still waiting to!!!

We are also discussing the final rules of the challenge, as we might include no House Buffs and no use of shrines as well as limiting encounter areas to one run thru with discoveries and then only kills on the way to quests.

The Idea is to make it more difficult then anything previously done!!!

Quest chains can always be opened by an alt, although some would be more tricky then others!!!

Diarden
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Let me get this straight...

No House Buffs. No Shrines. Based on PD rules, I am assuming no Vendors or Auction House Purchases.

I will say the group will last to level 3.

kafrielveddicus
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Let me get this straight...

No House Buffs. No Shrines. Based on PD rules, I am assuming no Vendors or Auction House Purchases.

I will say the group will last to level 3.

Yes, we do not use Brokers or Auction House!!!

The Permadeath community has many players who excel at survival, they know the quests, they know good survival tactics, they understand explicitly Monster AI, they generally have great twitch abilities, and they know good builds for permadeath play.

I personally could solo to level 5 or 6 with the said ruleset!!!

The group dynamic of having 6 in quest really makes most content extremely easy even in the elite enviroment!!!

kafrielveddicus
03-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Hello all,

We have 4 solid players ready to give this a go, all of which are experienced/good players, they have mic capabilities and have access to all the content.

Narc
Kaf
Rab
Rezo

Are there any other takers who want to be part of this "Never Done Before Challenge"

PM me or hook up with me online!!!!

Duncani_Daho
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
What are your play times and have the four current members decided on character classes?

The_Metal_Monster
03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Narc if i get my headset going i can probably roll a new toon and join
-Flaza Flaz

kafrielveddicus
03-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I am looking to form a group of players for a Extreme challenge group known as the Valkryies.

This group will be following all guild rules and static group rules with the following additions;

***No Trading or Gifting to or from outside of group
***All quests will be run on one setting only(The Hardest) with no repeating, this means all quests will be run on Elite setting only, except the five solo only quests
***Voice is required(No Exceptions)

Please note this challenge is for experienced players only!!!

Currently this group will be playing on Tuesday or Thursday evening Starting at around 8:00 EST, we are still undecided on whether house buffs are allowed and whether we will allow shrines and how we will treat encounter areas or whether we will run any quests with an over-leveling xp penalty, I am hoping to get folks that want to make it as difficult as possible(let's make a statement to the elitists in our community).

Currently have the following members; Kaf,Narc,Rezo,Rab,Moon (only one more spot)

Have a line on one other but awaiting word, otherwise please get back to me as soon as possible if you want in, I will be accepting on a first come basis, assuming you meet the credentials.

If you are interested in this challenge please PM me or register on the guild website and contact me there or find me online

kafrielveddicus
09-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Original Elite only Post!!!!!