PDA

View Full Version : Am I Wasting TPs on Delera's?

Osco
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm about to hit level 8 on a cleric (1Barb/7Cleric), and had planned to buy Delera's Tomb, especially if it was going on sale this week. However, am I wasting money on it at this time, i.e. have I outleveled it already? My only other toons are a level 3 rogue and level 4 sorc. The only other adventure pack I've bought is Tangleroot, which I immediately ran until ransacked :)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm about to hit level 8 on a cleric (1Barb/7Cleric), and had planned to buy Delera's Tomb, especially if it was going on sale this week. However, am I wasting money on it at this time, i.e. have I outleveled it already? My only other toons are a level 3 rogue and level 4 sorc. The only other adventure pack I've bought is Tangleroot, which I immediately ran until ransacked :)

Nope, buy it. All three of your chars will benefit from this run. Good XP, good end loot. It includes by the way an option for taking "voice of the master" as an end reward. That will get you an xp boost of 5% to every quest you run with it equipped. That alone makes this pack a must buy (the alternative for a similar bonus is a 5% xp bonus cloak from the Ruines of Threnal).

anatoli11
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
You can pull over a level in xps just by running Delaras on N/H/E for your cleric. There are also some excellent quest rewards like Voice of the Master. It is an excellent quest series - I would recommend purchasing it.

Carlll
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Delera has very nice loot and XP. The quests are also pretty fun.
It's a good buy.

Elsbet
10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Must buy for all the reasons above and because it is a good quest chain with a nice story arc. It's a lot of fun. :)

darkdawn1
10-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Must buy for all the reasons above and because it is a good quest chain with a nice story arc. It's a lot of fun. :)

This. It is a lot of fun & well thought out. So while getting the "phat lewt" you will have a lot of fun doing so! :)

shores11
10-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Besides Delera's Tomb (which may beone of the best quest sereis in the game) you are also getting several other quests that range in level from 6 to 11 that I like a lot as well.

And the Dead Shall Rise
Keeper's Sanctuary
Dead Girl's Spellbook

These are good quests also.

Xgemina
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
If I were to go F2P, Delera's would be on my must buy list for many of the reasons given above. Actually, if anyone were to come in here and say you were wasting your TP by buying Delera's, I would dismiss them as a troll.

IronAngel
10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
How can you go wrong with an adventure series that has a Gary Gygax voice over (the creator of all this wonderful madness)

IronAngel
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Besides Delera's Tomb (which may beone of the best quest sereis in the game) you are also getting several other quests that range in level from 6 to 11 that I like a lot as well.

And the Dead Shall Rise
Keeper's Sanctuary
Dead Girl's Spellbook

Dead girls spell book is not fun :), the others are though

VonBek
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
The narrator's voice alone is worth it. And, Dead Girl rocks!

Mercules
10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Delera's is my group of friends "fall-back" quest.

Me: "So, what do we all want to run tonight."
Friend 1: "Well, I wanted to get my new Ranger up a couple levels, they are 6 now.. oh and a rank."
Friend 2: "We could do the House K quests, but... Hmmm..."
Me: "So, does everyone have their Voice of the Master yet?"
Friends: "Oh... good idea.. Delera's it is."

Weeks later...

Friend 1: "So I've got this level 10 Ranger and I really want to get to 11 tonight, I am so close."
Friend 2: "Well, have you done Delera's on elite yet? I'm still looking for Carnifex."
Me: "Good idea I'll grab my character who needs the Golden Cartouche and meet you there. I could use the favor too."

EazyWeazy
10-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Deleras is a great quest chain. If you do all the optionals in part 2 of the series you can get 14k from that quest alone. Well worth it.

Missing_Minds
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM

And the Dead Shall Rise
Keeper's Sanctuary
Dead Girl's Spellbook

Is "from beyond the grave" part of that? I mean that is just a loot run waiting to happen, while part 2 of Delera's is the XP milk runs.

Mercules
10-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Deleras is a great quest chain. If you do all the optionals in part 2 of the series you can get 14k from that quest alone. Well worth it.

Yes!!!!!! :D You should have seen it on the Beta Server during the 10x XP night with an XP potion! Whoops... I trained before I came in but I gained two levels in here. ;)

It is a very nice XP run especially with an XP potion on. The end items are handy as well.

Arianrhod
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
If you didn't have any lower level characters, and had a very limited budget, I might say go with Sorrowdusk or Demon Sands instead (depending on your tolerance for rerunning free stuff till you get ready for harder stuff). But, if you're just wondering whether a level 8 character can still get any use out of Delera's, I agree with the rest - still a good buy :)

Osco
10-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll hit the AH tonight and look for some turn undead enhancing items, in prep for it hopefully going on sale this weekend (checks poll again)

MDS_Geist
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Don't worry about outleveling it at level 8, since the last quest in the Delera's storyline is a level 8 base quest that is worth some excellent exp for all difficulty levels.

TiberiusofTyr
10-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys!

I'll hit the AH tonight and look for some turn undead enhancing items, in prep for it hopefully going on sale this weekend (checks poll again)

While you are at it, look for one of the following weapons:

Pure Good
Holy
Flametouched Iron
(maybe of Righteousness, I can't remember)

Blunt if possible.
You'll thank me later.

Assuming you don't already have one.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
The narrator's voice alone is worth it. And, Dead Girl rocks!

Hey, and it has an UBER end reward

Lorien_the_First_One
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
While you are at it, look for one of the following weapons:

Pure Good
Holy
Flametouched Iron
(maybe of Righteousness, I can't remember)

Blunt if possible.
You'll thank me later.

Assuming you don't already have one.

And on the tips side for the wizard, the graveyard would seem to be a perfect time to load up spells like command undead or halt undead.

Osco
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Ok, logged in today at lunch and had 617 TPs from running "first time" toons through Korthos on other servers, so bought Delera's!

Now, since I've never run it (all I know is undead on top of undead), I'm trying to figure out my spell loadout for tonight. Not counting the mandatory healing spells, I have

2 -4th level
3 -3rd level
4 -2nd level
5 -1st level

spellslots open. What spells would you prep, and why? This is my first time playing a cleric, and at 1Barb/7cleric, my highest toon ever. I'm hoping for some solid advice to save my party tonight, since I have no first-hand experience. Oh, and no spoilers, please! :)

Thanks!

juniorpfactors
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok, logged in today at lunch and had 617 TPs from running "first time" toons through Korthos on other servers, so bought Delera's!

Now, since I've never run it (all I know is undead on top of undead), I'm trying to figure out my spell loadout for tonight. Not counting the mandatory healing spells, I have

2 -4th level
3 -3rd level
4 -2nd level
5 -1st level

spellslots open. What spells would you prep, and why? This is my first time playing a cleric, and at 1Barb/7cleric, my highest toon ever. I'm hoping for some solid advice to save my party tonight, since I have no first-hand experience. Oh, and no spoilers, please! :)

Thanks!

remove-- poison, curse, disease, holy smite, elemental reisists, remove fear and plenty of healing wands and cure spells
save your mana for burst healing, try not to waist mana with group buffs generally a waist of mana at that level

jrp

Osco
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I decided to solo the first quest of Delera's at level 8 (1Barb/7Cleric) thinking, "hey, it's level 5 quest, how bad can it be?"

Oh. my. God.

Besides not being able to get into 3 locked rooms, it was amazing, and at the edge of my capabilities. I'd burned 300SP a quarter way into the adventure! I actually was suspended IN THE AIR, crowd-surfing ghostly skeletons *twice*, and couldn't jump over them, there were so many. (How do you kill those things, anyway?)

If this holds up, I think this is definitely going to be more fun than Tangleroot Gorge!

Sir_Chonas
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
It will, or it did for me at least.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-29-2009, 11:57 AM
I decided to solo the first quest of Delera's at level 8 (1Barb/7Cleric) thinking, "hey, it's level 5 quest, how bad can it be?"

Oh. my. God.

Besides not being able to get into 3 locked rooms, it was amazing, and at the edge of my capabilities. I'd burned 300SP a quarter way into the adventure! I actually was suspended IN THE AIR, crowd-surfing ghostly skeletons *twice*, and couldn't jump over them, there were so many. (How do you kill those things, anyway?)

If this holds up, I think this is definitely going to be more fun than Tangleroot Gorge!

Sound like a fun run.

There is a secret to ghostly skellies...In general for all skelis you want to use a blunt weapons. In addition to that, the ghostlies have damage resistance that one type of weapon overcomes. When you talk to they guy who sends you into the second part he will give you a tip to fighting them and a very basic weapon that will bypass their DR. I'll give you a hint...they are evil, and their DR is related to their being evil.

Another small hint, for part 2 you either want a party or a hireling. There is one part where 2 people are required to pull physically seperated levers. The rest of the chain can be solo'd.

Osco
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
I resorted to using a CMW wand after running out of spell points to get through the first batch of ghostly skeletons. My lightning ward plate mail helped, in that they took 1d8 of damage whenever they landed a hit on me, else I'd still be trapped in the corner of a crypt! :)

Thanks for the heads up on part 2. That would have not been a happy discovery on my own, that I couldn't finish it solo!