PDA

View Full Version : Remove +1 & +2 Weapons & Armor from the DDO Store

Borror0
10-26-2009, 10:21 AM
You trick people into thinking those are useful. They are not. Remove them.

PS: If you want a tip to sell more +1 weapons, add Masterwork weapons to the store. Having an inferior option makes the first one seem more desirable.

Letrii
10-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I see nothing wrong with them being in store. If people want to waste money on them, so what?

Price is not unreasonable and are useful for a little while before you upgrade past them.

Hokiewa
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I actually agree with Bor, it's an incredible rip. The announcement of adding scale mail makes it even more laughable.

Elsbet
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
/signed

It really is unfair to make those things seem even remotely useful.

WolfSpirit
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I agree. This is probably WORSE than the scammers in the trade window offering same junk for crazy ingame money.

cdbd3rd
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm still amazed there isn't more said about my favorite DDO Store gaucheness:

The stacks of 100 normal everyday arrows or bolts, for ~60 TPs. (last I actually went and looked at them.)

No way! That's like a third or so of a good hair dye! :D

IronAngel
10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
The fact that you already have a masterwork weapon (+1 to hit) and ember (+1 fire damage) from Korthos means that you already have the equivilant to a +1 weapon. Why would anyone bother to buy a +1 otherwise.

But, really I don't mind them being in the store for silly people to waste TP and Cash on.

Letrii
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
The fact that you already have a masterwork weapon (+1 to hit) and ember (+1 fire damage) from Korthos means that you already have the equivilant to a +1 weapon. Why would anyone bother to buy a +1 otherwise.

But, really I don't mind them being in the store for silly people to waste TP and Cash on.

Well you might run into oozes who are immune to fire before you get a +1/+2 weapon.

Wyrmnax
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Well you might run into oozes who are immune to fire before you get a +1/+2 weapon.

And then you would be better off using your fists anyway. Or risk using your +1 and being weaponless for the rest of the quest.

onethreeone
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Not to mention that they sell +1 weapons (and armor I'm assuming) in House D for ~ 2000gp. And you can get them for much less than that on the AH. Maybe it's just Cannith, but there seems to be an abundance of +1 items on the AH at all times.

Thrudh
10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I see nothing wrong with them being in store. If people want to waste money on them, so what?

Price is not unreasonable and are useful for a little while before you upgrade past them.

Price IS unreasonable... it's real money for **** equipment...

If I was a new player, I would be insulted and angry as soon as I found out how easy it is to get +1 and +2 equipment IN the game... Same with selling haste potions, etc for TP...

IronAngel
10-26-2009, 12:19 PM

I would never use a quality weapon on oozes, because of the damage to them and the chance of splitting the oozes. Buy a bunch of clubs (1cp) until you pull a muck bane or of course go unarmed.

Angelus_dead
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
If Turbine wants to keep selling magic weapons in the store, they should make them grow in power according to the level of the wielder. +1 to +5 from level 1 to 8, then Righteous at 10th.

Nothing wrong with letting someone pay TP for an item that they could be given after 90 seconds of asking around, and the growing weapon enhancement would at least give them some convenience for their money.

Favis
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM
If Turbine wants to keep selling magic weapons in the store, they should make them grow in power according to the level of the wielder. +1 to +5 from level 1 to 8, then Righteous at 10th.

Agree

Lorien_the_First_One
10-26-2009, 01:31 PM
You trick people into thinking those are useful. They are not. Remove them.

Agreed. This is horrible of them to do this to new players.

It's completely unreasonable. The +1s are equivillent to the free weapons you get on korthos, sometimes less valuable.

Are you kidding? the +1/+2 will disintegrate with oozes. A 1cp club or bare fists will serve you better against oozes.

I wish I had rep left for the day, that def deserves a -1

Emili
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Why are they there? just seemed silly to me... sell armour dye instead.

Borror0
10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
The stacks of 100 normal everyday arrows or bolts, for ~60 TPs. (last I actually went and looked at them.)
At least that can be somehow useful if you run out of arrows at the wrong place. Lowering the price might help them sell more though.

But, the +1 and +2 weapons are practically useless.

MysterX
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
There's a sucker [rolled] every minute.

Nahual
10-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I know a person who actually bought them and now is lvl 10 without any TP points and we are grinding favor for him so he can buy a adventure pack.

He spent all of them in arrows! When I found out about that I was in shock!

Aww to be a newbie!

I find it funny because he could be enjoying Vons or some other content instead he is griding favor.

Pyromaniac
10-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I've seen +1 armor being the hot selling item of the day before. You can't pull bestsellers from the store like that.

Urguwno
10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
The stacks of 100 normal everyday arrows or bolts, for ~60 TPs.

I haven't calculated the fire rate of arrows vs. the cost of turbine points. What I do know is that you'd spend money less quickly with an addiction to elicit drugs and ladies of the night.

Sambvca
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I haven't calculated the fire rate of arrows vs. the cost of turbine points. What I do know is that you'd spend money less quickly with an addiction to elicit drugs and ladies of the night.

Hi, my name is Vodka and this is my first Arrows Anomyous meeting. I've been shooting DDO Store arrows for 1 month. It started off small, 20 here, 20 there, but now I'm hooked. I'm hiding arrows in quivers, the bank, 2 pages of inventory...

MagicianBlade
10-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Maybe 1 or 2 pts, not 10 or 30 or whatever..

actually, I take that back. You get better equipment in the first 4 quests than they sell in the store.

Tanka
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
The new thrown weapon stacks are an even worse trap that many newbies will unfortunately fall for.

I'm doing all that I can to not post an image of Admiral Ackbar in QuarterMasterC's announcement thread.

wemery73
10-26-2009, 07:37 PM
add some holy burst silver of greater eviloutsider bane items :D

enochiancub
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
/signed

Felt horrible cause i've seen numerous new players buying these items under the impression that being in the store = useful. Only to turn around and almost immediately find something many times better.

cdbd3rd
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Hi, my name is Vodka and this is my first Arrows Anomyous meeting. I've been shooting DDO Store arrows for 1 month. It started off small, 20 here, 20 there, but now I'm hooked. I'm hiding arrows in quivers, the bank, 2 pages of inventory...

I ROFL'd muchly. :D

Now if they were at least a small % of returning. Say 25% returning or something. Anything to make them different.

Not really any help for the +1, +2 weapons the thread is *supposed* to be about. Kinda all fits together, I hope.

sirgog
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM

This IS DDO ranged combat we are talking about, remember.

Arrows last a long time...

Borror0
10-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm doing all that I can to not post an image of Admiral Ackbar in QuarterMasterC's announcement thread.
The Turbine team already saw us coming and disabled posting in that forum.

Personally, I considered the thought of tossing some neg rep in QuarterMasterC's direction for trying to scam newbies.

This IS DDO ranged combat we are talking about, remember.

Arrows last a long time...
Might as well say that they never get used. ;)

sephiroth1084
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
After the announcement that scale mail and half-plate were being added to the store, I have no doubt that +1 junk is here to stay. Perhaps Turbine makes a lot of dough with this n00b trap? I'm on the fence about how I feel on this issue. On the one hand, baiting new players like this seems underhanded and runs the risk of turning people off to the game (unsubstantiated), but on the other, if new players who haven't done even a modicum of research want to go giving Turbine funds, that's god for everyone else, isn't it?

+2 stuff I can understand, as that is starting to be useful. Honestly, I think they should add up to +5 weapons and armor of the various materials to the store. Such items aren't so good that this would seen as giving an easy button (except mithral armor, but that shouldn't be as rare as it is), while they are worthwhile to pick up for some questing: adamantine weapons would be useful, as would be adamantine and mithral armor.

Borror0
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
[...] if new players who haven't done even a modicum of research want to go giving Turbine funds, that's god for everyone else, isn't it?
Most people buy packages and then evaluate how satisfied of their purchase they are. As a result, the more junk they buy the less impressed they are.

Additionally, the feeling of being screwed and having made a good purchase is always a good one. If I buy a product and then realize it was garbage, I'm less likely to buy from that company again (whether we're talking about games, food, furnitures, etc.). The reasoning that "I should have search for which product this company sells that are actually good" only rarely comes to mind. People tend to generalize (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Albert_experiment), for good or bad.

Nezichiend
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
The Turbine team already saw us coming and disabled posting in that forum.

Personally, I considered the thought of tossing some neg rep in QuarterMasterC's direction for trying to scam newbies.

Blackmail is wrong borr, WRONG!

Letrii
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
At least that can be somehow useful if you run out of arrows at the wrong place. Lowering the price might help them sell more though.

But, the +1 and +2 weapons are practically useless.

That supports selling the armor/weapons in store too. Your weapon breaks in middle of quest, go buy a cheap throw away sword in store.

Seriously, losing 20 rep just because y'all don't like me disagreeing with y'all on this?

Uska
10-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Agree these are just a waste of TP for new players and a huge disapointment take them out and dont replace with anything

Borror0
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Blackmail is wrong borr, WRONG!
Wrong. (Sorry, it seemed like the appropriate reply.)

That supports selling the armor/weapons in store too. Your weapon breaks in middle of quest, go buy a cheap throw away sword in store.
If your weapon breaks in the middle of the quest, L2P.

Gadget2775
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
As long as they put some sort of "You will see much better loot in very short order" disclaimer I really don't see a problem with this. It came in kinda handy on Lama when I rolled the WF Favored Soul and didn't have access to a Greatsword. Although, I do think they should remove the waste of space armors and thrown weapons...Maybe keep the throwers if they upgrade them to returners?

Hokiewa
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
There really is no defense for any of it, sans the arrows. I can understand someone soloing that needs to hit a target to drop a bridge or whatever. There is NO justification for having scale, halfplate or any other armor in the store. Let alone +1/+2 weapons. Assuming you can't find any +weapons by level 3, there are a plethora of idiots selling them in the various trade channels, you could buy them at the low weapon vendor in the marketplace or....simply wait for me to hand them out.

I want Turdine to suceed with the F2P model....This is not the way to do it, nor is an "announcement" that NEW SPARKLING ITEMS OF **** will be on sale. It's pathetic, and frankly embarassing for the person responsible for it. Put that on your resume.....