PDA

View Full Version : Key bindings with two keys?

Kirachan
10-26-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't seem to be able to do key bindings.
If I need to input just one key it works fine, but now I tried to change the setting for scrolling through my skillbar to ALT+ mousewheel. The game does not seem to recognise my mousewheel for binding purpose, and neither can't I figure out how to assign a combination of two keys to a command.
There is a helper command on the top, but I can't figure out how to access it, once I bound a key to it.
Thanks for your help.

temayne
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
u know that ctrl-scrollwheel does what u want?!

Kirachan
10-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, CTRL + Scrollbar does scroll though my skill bar, but it does not do what I want. I'm left handed and I simply cannot reach CTRL too well. That's why I want to change the command...

Lehrman
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a similar problem occasionally, but have found that striking the Alt key fixes it for some reason. I am a clicker for the most part.

Kirachan
10-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Sorry, Lehrman, I don't understand what you mean with your answer. Could you elaborate that?

temayne
10-28-2009, 02:59 AM
ah - ok... have you tried this:
the key mapping allows you to actually assign a single key to a particular slot on each bar. For example, I have bar1slot1-10 set to be the number keys 1-0, bar2slot1-10 set to be the function keys F1-F10. So i have my offensive spells (eg. niacs cold ray) and weapon sets on bar 1 and my defensive spells (which have a duration) on bar 2. It might seem complicated at first but you soon remember which one ur after... i have mage armour, shield, protection from evil, invisibility as f1, f2, f3, f4 so i can cast them all quickly.

I'm only level 4 though and haven't needed more shortcuts than this yet! (maybe being left handed, using the numpad numbers would be better for you than the fn keys)

The only trouble with this way is that sometimes i end up with the wrong bar selected and perform the wrong action occasionally.

Kirachan
10-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Well, I need the F keys for selecting party members. Besides, I already have 3 bars with spells, skills and clickies.

Kirachan
10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Since apparently nobody knows the answer to my question, how do I contact the support? I only see a technical support, and an account support, which apparently requires a subscription, but there seems to be no support at all for gameplay issues. Should I just send it to the technical support, or what else could I do?

Visty
10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
i dont know the exact filename, but there should be a file on your system somewhere where all the key bindings are in
take a look for that and the change hotbar option and replace it manually

Kirachan
10-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Ok, that sounds quite useful. Thanks for the tip.