PDA

View Full Version : Dual client

Pasteyteabag
10-26-2009, 03:45 AM
Been looking to see if its possible to run two clients at once. Seen a few threads about it, but was unable to get them to work.. One was here:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=196703

Apparently you have to copy your DDO files and run both of the turbinelaunchers at the same time via a batch file. Also, you have to edit your preferences ini file in your My Documents folder so that computeUniquePort=False.

Well, this didnt work. The launcher always cancels out the second instance.

Does anyone know a solution for running dual clients?

Gleipner
10-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Been looking to see if its possible to run two clients at once. Seen a few threads about it, but was unable to get them to work.. One was here:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=196703

Apparently you have to copy your DDO files and run both of the turbinelaunchers at the same time via a batch file. Also, you have to edit your preferences ini file in your My Documents folder so that computeUniquePort=False.

Well, this didnt work. The launcher always cancels out the second instance.

Does anyone know a solution for running dual clients?

I do know of alot of people running x2 clients but all of thoose i know use XP, i tried to run x2 clients on vista and it wouldn´t work how much i tried so i just installed a second on my laptop and run x2 cpus instead.
So it could be a software related issue if your running vista if your not i am affraid i can´t be of much assistance.

KualaBangoDango
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm able to run two accounts on my computer, and I didn't do anything to mess around with batch files. I'm using XP so I dont know if that makes a difference. I also used the full client download version of the game to avoid any TDM problems, and again I don't know if that matters.

Basically what I did is download the full client and install it in two different directories making sure to have two different shortcuts on my desktop, one for each install location. Then I start up one launcher, but don't actually login yet. Then I start the other launcher, and when it is up I then login to both and they have no problems. I tried starting and logging in one at a time, but every time I try launching one game at a time the second always gets the "already connected" message. So, like I said, I have both launchers up before I log in to them.

Hrodgrimr
10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I used the TDM option to download. I had to uninstall the TDM, copy/paste to a new folder, change the shortcut, then start both like Dango says.