PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for my Cleric (Caster)

sunkenfaith
10-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I have recently decided not to go with a shield for my Cleric, and decided to dual wield 2 one handers to maximize my spell effects.

Currently I am holding a +3 Spell Pen VII Heavy Mace, and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on a good weapon setup for my cleric which is exclusively CC / Nuke / Heal.

Thanks!

Lehrman
10-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I have recently decided not to go with a shield for my Cleric, and decided to dual wield 2 one handers to maximize my spell effects.

Currently I am holding a +3 Spell Pen VII Heavy Mace, and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on a good weapon setup for my cleric which is exclusively CC / Nuke / Heal.

Thanks!

The other hand should probably have superior potency 6.

Brennie
10-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Heres how i usually do it withmy casters:

Spell Points: I always start with a spell point weapon, if i can't get a hold of one i can wear. Equip it before you leave a dungeon to get full SP back, and keep it equipped while outside quests. When you enter a quest, throw out your buffs, and then put your spellpoint item away (if you have used enough spellpoints that your current spellpoints are below your total without the spellpoint weapon).

Potency/Devotion: Used when nuking and healing. Potency is obviously better, but you can often get a higher Devotion item for the same price/lminimum level. Daul weild with spell pen. item for offensive spells with SR. Dual with appropriate "lore" items for offensive spells that can crit.

Enchantment/Evocation/Necromancy/Conjuration: +1 DC, dual weild with spell penn. item, in order to make your crowd control spells land, your evocations not do half damage, and your instakills...instakill. Many items can have two different focuses at higher levels.

sunkenfaith
10-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Thank you very much Brennie and Lerhman. :D

To add on to it, apart from damage, whats the difference between a Heavy Mace and a Light mace?

Also, are there any Rapiers / Long Swords / Other weapons with Potency / Devotion mods etc? I do not really like to wield maces :(

Brennie
10-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Thank you very much Brennie and Lerhman. :D

To add on to it, apart from damage, whats the difference between a Heavy Mace and a Light mace?

Also, are there any Rapiers / Long Swords / Other weapons with Potency / Devotion mods etc? I do not really like to wield maces :(

Light Maces look different, are finessable, and can be weilded in the offhand without incurring the "heavy offhand" penalty. None of these really matter to caster clerics.

Daggers, Clubs (And scepters, which are actually just clubs), light maces, heavy maces, sickles, and quarterstaves all routinely have caster enhancements on them. Occasionally, other weapons will also have caster enhancements on them, though much more rarely. My sorceror currently has a shorshort of Superior Effeciacy 5, which hes using until he can get his hands on some other item to help boost Wall of Fire damage.

sirgog
10-26-2009, 01:00 AM

Thanks!

I assume from that mace that you are level 14 or higher.

I'd grab a Superior Potency 6 scepter from the House D brokers, the Amrath brokers, or the Auction House. You should not have to pay more than 25k PP for it if on the AH (it'll be about 16-20 if you get one from the brokers).

If you are level 18 or higher and have Superior Potency 6 on a necklace already (from the Bard set items in the Amrath quests), then look to eventually craft a dagger/scepter with +3 Exceptional Wisdom.

sunkenfaith
10-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Thank you very much for your replies.

shinmade
10-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Strictly endgame.

Offhand: +3 exceptional wisdom shroud weapon or skivver/greenblade if you were able to put the +3 exc. wis on a ring

Main Hand: Sup Pot VI