PDA

View Full Version : Drow flavor idea

zolrathe
10-25-2009, 06:28 AM
I hope to hear from a Dev on the possibility of ever implementing something like this. I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up or thought of before, but I've been pondering some drow bonuses that would add some flavor to the game and to the race. Drow have a couple racial abilities that could be fun if added to the game. They have levitate, faerie fire, globe of darkness and infravision. I was thinking it could work something like this:

levitate=permanent feather fall or 5/day with recharge of 1 per 2 minutes or so and +10 to jump
faerie fire=maybe have it work like sunder with no save and a cooldown
darkness=maybe like obscuring mist
infravision=since it lets them see heat signatures, maybe add spot and listen bonuses to let them "see" enemies

None of these seem game breaking or overpowered, and the tech is already in the game, plus it adds some nice d&d flavor. We could add race abilities to the other classes too

Uska
10-25-2009, 09:06 AM
drow lost those and if you read the rules in some cases drow lose those abilities when they are away from the underdark radation. they dropped those so drow wouldnt be a lvl adjusted race just wish their SR was worth a flip I couldnt care less about the other abilites since they would be basicly useless in ddo.