PDA

View Full Version : Party listings.. Lets use um, Crawl, Zerg +more

treehugger20
10-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Let me start by saying im new to this game and im enjoying it a lot. But ive noticed one thing. The community seams kinda devided on how to play. the zerg style, power gamer, RP, crawlers.. And to me all are perfectly acceptable. I think a lotta the problem is basically just not saying what your after. to increase enjoyment, Why not just label your PUG's or LFM's with a few non offensive labels.

Using that wonderfull feature of Create group. with as many people around as i see to me there should always be atleast 3-4 different style groups in the PUG window on our tool bar. Make a group, add a few tags and hopefully everyones enjoyment will increase and get with like minded people.

Zerg, Rush the mission, no complaining about being left behind, expect to be told to hurry up if your poking along and you just might lose your spot if it persists..

Crawl, To me its what D&D is, a dungeon crawl. Take your time, look around, smell the roses.. If it takes twice as long soo be it.

Sides, You wanna explore everything, any mission left with a box to open or a secret door, or puzzle left incomplete is a total failure.

RP, You know who you are. Get in character and enjoy.. Dont be slient, speak up ! though i supose you might not speak up as much if your the silent brooding type, but hey what fun is that? its like everyone on the internent *grin

Favor.. Almost always going for hard or elite missions, many times need an unlock, and others just willing to help grind a bunch cause they have passed the lvl where XP is decent.

Arc, Plan on running the entire serries, soo if you cant stick around for a few hours let um know before ya start.

P2P, Any arc that you had to purchase through the store or have VIP for.

F2P, Nice to let people know as many arent vets..

Basically, take some tags add um to your search and hopefully it will help people find what they are looking for.

Good luck and happy Dungeon stomping !!

To me these would be the basics

UnderwearModel
10-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Now, if only people would read the message forums.

I want Turbine to add a description to the LFM along those lines and one more column that identifies the quest as a P2P or F2P.

The F2P players are too lazy to know what they have to pay for and I am too lazy to look it up.

Scorzayzee
10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
.....and one more column that identifies the quest as a P2P or F2P.

The F2P players are too lazy to know what they have to pay for and I am too lazy to look it up.

If the quest is tagged using the quest list in the LFM window and the player using the LFG doesn't have the ad pack, a big box saying "buy now" (that links to the relevent ad pack) appears in the classes wanted column.

Just so you know.

Osco
10-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I already put "no zerg" and "optionals" as needed in my group descriptions. I also put "loot runs" when we're just blowing through the content for the goodies.

Gum
10-23-2009, 02:12 PM
With as many different play styles we have in game, it's past time imo for Turbine to add check-mark like description as an option to building the lfm. These could be broad spectrum, and would cut down on a lot of confusion imo. Especially since not everyone reads the forums.

Scorzayzee
10-24-2009, 12:43 AM
With as many different play styles we have in game, it's past time imo for Turbine to add check-mark like description as an option to building the lfm. These could be broad spectrum, and would cut down on a lot of confusion imo. Especially since not everyone reads the forums.

Without meaning to sound harsh....
There's a description box. What do you think it was intended for?

UnderwearModel
10-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Have you had an LFM up and F2P request to join? I have.

Then you get going and then they say, "Oh it is P2P?! I have not bought this yet."

Just last night in the dragon raid I had that. The F2P are still learning the game though.

Best part, we had seveeral new players that had never done the dragon RAID before, I would say about 8 were Velah virgins, and we completed the RAID as a PUG no less. The three bards did a lot of the work. Probably because bards are played by experienced players.

But it was fun. No boots were pulled

whysper
10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I would be happy if people just actually put the quest or area somewhere in the LFM :p Must have sent dozens of /tells just tonight about it.

I usually do not mark F2P/P2P because the LFM itself will automatically have a "buy this" box if the player does not have the adventure when you choose the quest from the drop-down, but this got me thinking maybe it would be better to add F2P markers when appropriate so that those unaware of the automation would not have to wonder...

And, of course, some people just do not read the LFM anyway*

* Vast majority of newbs of course do the right thing...the n00b contingent is relatively small.

Grushvak
10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Rep'd for extremely useful thread. I'll be sure to use those next time I use the LFG.

Bunker
10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I have to agree, describing what you are looking for in a partner....errr i mean group really will help create the perfect party.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff288/bunkist2007/ScreenShot00973.jpg

After that LFM, I had all the halfling hunnies hanging out with me down by the docks! :D

Giddlypip
10-29-2009, 10:20 AM
If the quest is tagged using the quest list in the LFM window and the player using the LFG doesn't have the ad pack, a big box saying "buy now" (that links to the relevent ad pack) appears in the classes wanted column.

Just so you know.

Really? Then I've run into a lot of morons. I had a group that had 3 different people join and said they couldn't make it in cuz it's P2P.

OP: Good post though, my only problem is I've always been VIP I don't really know what's F2P unless I've seen it on a loading screen.