PDA

View Full Version : trap the soul 40hd

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Did a few of the new Amrath quests on hard today. Quite a few of the mobs especially the devils/elementals have higher than 30HD - this means it's not possible to trap their souls even with the highest level materials currently available.

Any chance of adding 40HD gems? - perhaps ten 30HD shards become four 40HD shards. I don't mind if the gems they drop aren't any bigger than the 30HD ones, but it's frustrating to have to resort to lesser instakill spells (especially since my sorc is conjuration speced).

Thanks for reading,

Garth

Spisey
10-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I use it pretty well in Amrath. Just a drain energy and they capture pretty well. Besides, I really don't want to make the Khyber dragonshards any harder to make than average. :(

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
I use it pretty well in Amrath. Just a drain energy and they capture pretty well. Besides, I really don't want to make the Khyber dragonshards any harder to make than average. :(

As far as I know, energy drain does not lower their hitdice, but I might be wrong.

Also, the shards are far easier to acquire now (assuming you have plat) - just buy them in the Twelve (or any good shard stores near you)

Garth

sirgog
10-23-2009, 01:28 AM
As far as I know, energy drain does not lower their hitdice, but I might be wrong.

Also, the shards are far easier to acquire now (assuming you have plat) - just buy them in the Twelve (or any good shard stores near you)

Garth

Still takes a long time to crunch them up - 100 tiny shards ==> NOM ==> 20 small ==> NOM ==> 8 average doesn't sound too bad, but the Stone of Change takes eons.

Maybe if the vendors sell all the shards, not just the tiny ones, this would be worthwhile.

bobbryan2
10-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Garth

Yup, lowers HD.

Spisey
10-23-2009, 02:04 AM
I know I have trapped several of the orange named put there. Takes a couple of drains but they are trappable. Too bad the named ones aren't named seperately from the rest of them. Seems that they should be of a more powerful sort. Same with the succubi. No sexy name even for them! :(:p

Garth_of_Sarlona
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Yup, lowers HD.

ok! good to know, thanks

Garth