PDA

View Full Version : A fun suggestion - bards

Giraffie
10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I wish I could just stand around in town and play a variety of songs without using my actual songs. I'd like to be able to sit around and jam out while waiting in the bar or hanging out with friends... It'd be cool if they just put all the songs already in the game (not only the bard songs we get but the songs that bards/bard trainers sit around playing and tavern songs). I've also seen some NPCs playing different instruments - it'd be nice if we could play some different instruments, too, in and out of battle.

What would be really cool is if bards with high enough skills could make it so you could do other 'street performer' things, such as the guy in the Stormreach Marketplace that's playing with the stick. Maybe you have access to juggling and sword swallowing... stuff like that. I'd train and pay (in game) money to have access to extra songs/stuff to do in town. :) That might be a little much for just something to play with, but I think the songs would be pretty cool and should be simple enough to add to a /playsong.

Cedwin
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
That sounds like the LOTRO music system. You can load your own .abc files or just jam out by pressing keys.

Tyndaleon
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Being as it's all under the same umbrella and the code for it would be feasible to implement in DDO, all they'd really need is to migrate exactly what you're talking about from LOTRO. What you're asking about already exists there (and may be what prompted the post for all I know).

Tyndaleon
10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
That sounds like the LOTRO music system. You can load your own .abc files or just jam out by pressing keys.

Hah, beat me to it. :p

Cedwin
10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPpxVk_s58&feature=related

Cedwin
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Of course what I loved about the LOTRO music system was that you could sync an entire party and all play different parts of the same song, like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2e06Yirmw

Giraffie
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Lotro is what gave me the idea. I didn't play much of it... I mostly stood around on my bard playing music.

mistyfish603
10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
My brother and I just started ourselves and he LOVES bard, always has. From day one he has been irked over the lack of choice in playable instrument and would love to be able to just play a song for the sake of playing a song.

Bashiba
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
They can't even make new sounds for newer songs like the warchanter song, so this would really seem like a reach, good idea though.

Xeriphim
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM
love the idea ... the music system in lotro rocks . the abc files and build your own songs with key mashings all good ... As lotro is a turbine product , implementing it into ddo for bards wouldn't be all that hard since both mmos are based off simular engines the coding wouldn't be as rough . Plus it'd be nice to play another instrument other then the lute .

Maybe after the pard pre's past level 6 get implemented and the remaining two bard capstones added in this is something Turbine could look at releasing .

synchrinized musical interludes at the rusty nail or wayword lobster just before some pvp mash ups in the arena be fun stuff .