PDA

View Full Version : character disappears on other computer

Aelyster
10-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi, i've already searched the forums and found no answers. I will try to describe the problem.

i've got D&D online installed on 2 computers. 1 at work, 1 at home. My problem is that when i logon from my home computer, I cannot see my character that i created on my work computer. All i see at home is 2 empty slots.

So i created a 2nd character at home and played it for a while. then i logon from my work computer and do not see my character that I created on my ho9me computer. But the character i created at work is back. How do i take my characters with me? I want to play the same character at both places.

i thought they were saved on a central server, but it is acting like they are only saved on the respective computers where they are installed.
thanks,
A

Torosar
10-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Are you logging into the same account and using the same server as at home and work? Your home computer may accidently be set to a different server?

There shouldn't be a problem because i have used 4 or 5 different computers to log into DDO from and have always had my characters there.

Lithic
10-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Sounds like what the other guy said. Either you have 2 accounts, or more likely your computer is logged into one server and your work is logged into another.

When you are putting in your password, make sure to UNCHECK "log into previous server", and then choose different servers until you find the one with the characters from home.

Aelyster
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
i was using different servers.