PDA

View Full Version : Suggested fix to make Turn Undead worthwhile

sirgog
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
New Turn Undead

You channel positive energy, disrupting the essence of undead within 30 feet. All undead within this radius take damage equal to (your level squared + 10). Any undead that takes more than 50% of their current HP in damage must make a Will save - on a failure, the undead is destroyed outright. Also any undead that took more than 20% of their current HP in damage must make a Will save - on a failure, they are shaken and slowed for 60 seconds.

Items which add to your effective cleric level for turning add to your damage and thus also increase the chance of destroying or freezing the undead.

Letrii
10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
What % for undead to flee?

Maetrim
10-22-2009, 07:20 AM
How would your charisma modier work? As a straight addition to your cleric level before squaring? Or be a straight +10hp per modifier.

Would there be a roll of some kind that affects how many cleric levels are applied to the turn attempt?

thegreatcthulhu
10-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I hate to bring this up, but your suggested change sounds like merging the Paladin's Divine Light Enhancement into Turn Undead. I do not think Turbine will take too kindly to this suggestion, since it seems to negate the need to get Divine Light. On the other hand, let us say this is just an exclusive change to the Cleric's Turn Undead. Turbine may feel the end result would leave Paladins with a feel of blatant inferiority.

By inferior to Clerics, I mean they would not only be given a very dull share of the lower end Divine Magic book, AND their Turn Undeads heed mandatory enhancements.