PDA

View Full Version : Few newbie questions

charmor
10-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Just a few questions:

1)
I noticed I start getting XP penalty after doing the same quests for the third time. My question is: this penalty resets for each difficult lvl? For example, if I finish a quest once on Solo and once on Normal, the next time I do it on Normal will carry on a penalty? If the penalty does not reset, I believe it's just not worth doing a quest on Solo..

2)
What exactly Spot and Listen do against hidden mobs? I mean, I have a pretty high Spot with my current toon, and I can only see shadows when mobs are hidden, they are never completely visible.. Is this correct? Without this skill you just can't see anything? And considering I have already Spot, worth getting Listen for some reason?

cardmj1
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Just a few questions:

1)
I noticed I start getting XP penalty after doing the same quests for the third time. My question is: this penalty resets for each difficult lvl? For example, if I finish a quest once on Solo and once on Normal, the next time I do it on Normal will carry on a penalty? If the penalty does not reset, I believe it's just not worth doing a quest on Solo..

XP penalty only incurs with repeating a quest on the same difficulty. When you run a quest on new difficulty setting for the first time, you get an xp boost.
2)
What exactly Spot and Listen do against hidden mobs? I mean, I have a pretty high Spot with my current toon, and I can only see shadows when mobs are hidden, they are never completely visible.. Is this correct? Without this skill you just can't see anything? And considering I have already Spot, worth getting Listen for some reason?

Your spot is working at intended. There is a spell to see invisibilty. Listen works just like Spot but most people do not use the Listen skill. To get a good idea of the usefulness of spot, duo a quest with someone with a low spot. Compare what you see and when you see it.

answers in red

Cedwin
10-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Just a few questions:

1)

As you noticed, your 3rd time through a quest will give you an XP penalty, but it's only 10% I believe. Running it on any difficulty for the first time gives you a first time bonus and removes the repeat penalty however. So, what most people do is run the quest 3 times on normal, and then do hard and elite for the first time bonuses and no repeat penalty. All of the difficulties are tied in with the repeat penalty however, if you run it 3 times on normal, then solo, then hard, then elite, if you go in again on any difficulty it will say you have repeated it 6 times.

Shamurai
10-21-2009, 10:22 AM
most of the "semi visible" creatures become Totally visible when they attack you, your group or when you attack them.

Solmage
10-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Just a few questions:

1)

2)

1) Solo+Normal+Normal = exp penalty for repeating a quest. However, if you then do hard for the first time, the penalty doesn't apply and it's instead replaced by a one-time bonus.

In other words, all your completions on any difficulty count towards repeating penalty BUT the first time you complete a quest on a new difficulty setting you haven't done, this is replaced by an exp bonus.

2) Without spot you wouldn't see them, nor be able to target them, until they ambushed you. Listen works similarly but instead there are red flashes near the monsters' feet. In general it's not that useful, but it's easier to make the listen checks.