PDA

View Full Version : Identify Cleric spell please

Slugnutty
10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
OK There is a Cleric spell that heals (I think) 1d4 every second (?) for 30 seconds.
What is it's name?

I'm trying to help a friend who is running a Cleric and if I could tell him the name of the spell it would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Aerniel
10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
OK There is a Cleric spell that heals (I think) 1d4 every second (?) for 30 seconds.
What is it's name?

I'm trying to help a friend who is running a Cleric and if I could tell him the name of the spell it would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Its not a spell its an enhancement called divine healing i think. Im not sure but i also believe it runs along the lines of DV's amount wise(however many turn undead attempts you have the more DV's/DH's)

Elsbet
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
It is an ehnancement (you are right, Aerniel) called Divine Healing. It consumes a use of turn undead. You get as many as you have turns and dont get more until you shrine.

Kralgnax
10-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes, Divine Healing is an enhancement, and I'm certainly glad I bought it. Like many HoTs (Heal-over-time spells), it's great for throwing on the tank or a one of your squishier party members early in/just before the fight.

Annoyingly enough, you can only coast it on a friendly character, not yourself (whine, whine) Note to self: Read the freakin' enhancement description carefully in future. :rolleyes:

(Edited for a glaring typo)

Elsbet
10-21-2009, 08:06 AM
I found that at lower levels, it was pretty nice, but at higher levels, it really is pretty useless. A 1d4 (or however many dice it is) heal over time doesn't do a whole lot when the mobs you are facing deal 200+ HPs of damage a pop and you are trying to keep a raged, 700+ HP tank alive.

Kralgnax
10-21-2009, 08:22 AM
I found that at lower levels, it was pretty nice, but at higher levels, it really is pretty useless. A 1d4 (or however many dice it is) heal over time doesn't do a whole lot when the mobs you are facing deal 200+ HPs of damage a pop and you are trying to keep a raged, 700+ HP tank alive.

Absolutely, and a very good point! I don't anticipate using it for long as it doesn't scale at all, but for lowbie healers like me, it's a non-spellpoint rest-recovered heal, so what's not to love?

asphodeli
10-21-2009, 10:23 AM
its useful for reviving incapped party members too.

Slugnutty
10-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey thanks for the quick replies.
I found it very handy as a lower level Barbarian with 2 Clerics in our PUG cast it on me.

Found it quite handy.

Thanks

amyndris
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
It maxes out at 3d3 every 2 seconds for 30 seconds, so effectively 45d3 over 30 seconds which isn't too bad.

I don't know if +heal% stuff affect it however.

It appears to be unaffected by the "I really hate healing spells" ability of Warforged as they get the full healing effect from it.