PDA

View Full Version : True rez-fix

FluffyCalico
10-21-2009, 01:01 AM
True rez should include a 1 time single use pot of 200% xp for 72 hrs of real life time that persisist though logout.

If you do this I would use the true rez feature :D

zealous
10-21-2009, 06:44 AM
/signed! :D (This/would/potentially/make/leveling/a/TR/char/faster/than/rerolling!)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2009, 07:00 AM
True rez should include a 1 time single use pot of 200% xp for 72 hrs of real life time that persisist though logout.

If you do this I would use the true rez feature :D

You mean True Reincarnation?

What would be turbine's motivation to do this? They decided to add a 65% grind, if they thought that was too much they should just reduce the grind, not force a 24 hr powergaming session.

Spisey
10-21-2009, 08:35 AM

What would be turbine's motivation to do this? They decided to add a 65% grind, if they thought that was too much they should just reduce the grind, not force a 24 hr powergaming session.

But I would so wear a catheter to level faster if I could! :D

FluffyCalico
10-21-2009, 09:07 AM

1) We steal underpants
2) We sell true rein
3) We make it easy to use
4) Profit!

In other words they made true rein to make money, not to be a feature noone wants to use. That will be their motivation. As less than say .1% will buy it the way it is. Where with the change that # might go as high as 10%.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
1) We steal underpants
2) We sell true rein
4) Profit!

In other words they made true rein to make money, not to be a feature noone wants to use. That will be their motivation. As less than say .1% will buy it the way it is. Where with the change that # might go as high as 10%.

I don't disagree with that... except rather than let you powerlevel for 24 hours, something that won't appeal to many people... they would appeal to more people if they just lowered the XP required (same net effect anyway but more happy people)

The amazing thing about his is people will be paying up to $15 for this reincarnations. If they don't see good value for money, they won't pay.

zealous
10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=Lorien_the_First_One;2500122]I don't disagree with that... except rather than let you powerlevel for 24 hours, something that won't appeal to many people... they would appeal to more people if they just lowered the XP required (same net effect anyway but more happy people)/QUOTE]
Argh, I read it as 72 hours of real time that persists i.e. is unchanged when you're not logged. I.e. Play for 4 hours, log out, do stuff, log in, 68 hours left.

hmmm....where did I put that catheter and that box of...erm...coffeine pills...

Mjesko
10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
1) We steal underpants
2) We sell true rein
4) Profit!

I think Turbine would make more profit with TR if they reduce the xp to 125 % for the first TR and to 150 % for the the second TR.

FluffyCalico
10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I think Turbine would make more profit with TR if they reduce the xp to 125 % for the first TR and to 150 % for the the second TR.

Since they have made the feats useless and only usuable at all if you build something totally different all they are offering is +2 points or maybe +1 to use stat or +2 to a not useful stat at the cost of every tome you have and leveling all the way back up. In short even if you poof were back at 20 with 100% less xp needed many still would not do it because they would still have to farm 90% of their tomes back just to end up with what they allready had.

They really borked this up if they want anyone to actually use it.

They have the following reasons to not use it
1) have to regain xp
2) have to regain even 60% more xp
3) loose all tomes
4) have to refarm all your tomes to really see any advantage
5) the feats are 100% worthless unless changing classes which will most likely mess up your raid loot
6) even if changing classes feats still 90% worthless
7) the worthless feats take up a feat slot!
8) competes with farming epic quests as they come out at same time

And the reasons to do it
1) so you can say you did
2) fix a mistake you might have made
3) get 2 more build points to raise an off stat by 1

That is not a good deal even if you take out #2

Lorien_the_First_One
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
They really borked this up if they want anyone to actually use it.

They have the following reasons to not use it
2) have to regain even 60% more xp3) loose all tomes

This one, plus the manditory loss of cosmetics are what makes it a problem for me. I also wish we had an option in the middle of TR & GR that could be used before L20.

Hokonoso
10-23-2009, 01:01 AM
im doing it so i can change races, even if the grind was 100% worse and i gained +0 stat points and lost all tomes, i'd still do it. and there are TONS of people just like me that will do this simply to change races! and that's not counting the incorrect class choices we will be fixing along the way up! and probably 99% of everyone at lvl 20 would love to change their ability stats/skill points so the other reincarnations will be used OFTEN! this is a HUGE money cow and no changes are needed. sure the 65% more xp hurts, but me and many others can manage, now what you won't see is many people doing TR for a second time...

i'll be the first to say that a 28 point build is just fine, 32 point even better, but 34 or 36? not noticeable, you already capped out your important stats so who cares? so on that lines, a 65% increase in xp is not worth 2 build points but another train of thought, you keep ALL your gear!!! that means right now as you are reading this you can be farming all that gear you want for your new class and have a very high chance of getting everything you need before this patch goes live! (this includes +3/4 stat tomes banked, i have already started collecting these).

and if you are patient and don't TR off the bat, you can make sure you get all your raid completions to their next 20th for more stat tomes/gear AND try to get some epic loot before you TR, it's a win/win imo. nothing says you have to TR the day it comes out, you can wait many months collecting all your gear and then do it, i'm sure many people will do this as well.

imo they should have a 2nd TR option that let's you keep your tomes but keeps you at a 32 point build and does not allow for any past-life feats (also no blue glowy or larger avatar), and no xp grind either, just a full respec that starts you at lvl 1 and you lose/gain nothing. if they add this option they will definitely make more money (and seriously, why else would they do it?)