PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime membership please

dabigdawg145
10-21-2009, 12:31 AM
I play several MMos now that have lifetime memberships... I would humbly request that of ddo.. since LOTRO has one ( costs $200) i cant see why they cant do it for this wonderful product!

thanks for listening and hope to see it soon!

FluffyCalico
10-21-2009, 12:32 AM
I play several MMos now that have lifetime memberships... I would humbly request that of ddo.. since LOTRO has one ( costs $200) i cant see why they cant do it for this wonderful product!

Um they did. Its called FTP buy it all and poof lifetime membership.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2009, 12:41 AM

Yup, like Fluffy says, buy the pieces and you have it...For under $200 the last time someone added it up

NinetyNineTails
10-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah. I paid somewhere around $150 up front and I have all the adventure packs, FvS, monk, and the shared bank unlocked (along with drow and 32-pointers via favor). Sounds lifetime to me.

Robshell
10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah. I paid somewhere around $150 up front and I have all the adventure packs, FvS, monk, and the shared bank unlocked (along with drow and 32-pointers via favor). Sounds lifetime to me.

Does that $150 cover future content? Also can you have more than 4 character slots as a premium player? Sounds like an interesting approach.

TheKeg
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Does that $150 cover future content? Also can you have more than 4 character slots as a premium player? Sounds like an interesting approach.

Future releases wouldn't be covered. I believe the price they stated was for everything currently in the game (or at least everything they wanted). 4 Char slots per server per account once premium, additional have to be purchased.

NinetyNineTails
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM

It's flawed. Much depends on how often they release new adventure packs for sale; if they're infrequent enough, I'll be enough ahead based on not paying subscription fees that I can get them and still be ahead.

Robshell
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Future releases wouldn't be covered. I believe the price they stated was for everything currently in the game (or at least everything they wanted). 4 Char slots per server per account once premium, additional have to be purchased.

Ah, I see. Thanks. Think I may start saving TP for a possible switch in the future. Doesnt sound like a bad alternative.

Shaddock
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
It's flawed. Much depends on how often they release new adventure packs for sale; if they're infrequent enough, I'll be enough ahead based on not paying subscription fees that I can get them and still be ahead.

Plus with favor and Turbine Points you earn in between releases in theory you may well be able to buy new content without additional investment. I am a Premium player, so far I spent 60 dollars. Already got Delaras Tomb/Ruins of Thernal/Giant Hold/Shroud and have plenty of points left for more content still.

Shaddock
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Plus with favor and Turbine Points you earn in between releases in theory you may well be able to buy new content without additional investment. I am a Premium player, so far I spent 60 dollars. Already got Delaras Tomb/Ruins of Thernal/Giant Hold/Shroud and have plenty of points left for more content still.

Oh and Three Barrel Cove.

Robshell
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM

Thats what I am wondering. If good content is coming at a more frequent pace, f2p might be less appealing. Only time will tell I guess.

NinetyNineTails
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
They'd have to be releasing adventure packs at a pretty serious rate to make F2P more expensive over the long run. Anything less than $15-in-points a month makes F2P cheaper over the long haul. I really don't anticipate Turbine managing to put out the equivalent of two Vale of Twilights a month going forward.

However, there does come a point at which the long haul is, like, five years, in which case you might be better off on a practical level going VIP, 'cause you'll just quit in six months to play Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, SW:TOR, etc, etc, etc.

Cyr
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM

No, and yes as many as you want to buy. As for the no...neither does LOTRO's lifetime membership entirely cover new content as it does not cover expansions.