A Guild Forum Too..

http://smokeysguilds.spruz.com/

So you can grow within the guild and share
your greatest moments here at
Smokey's Guild..

Fight Well Friends

Vrax_Artifice
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I joined this guild for all of 3 days, because i was new and didn't know anyone.
Joining this guild changed nothing. It was like being in general chat, but with less responses from the other people in the channel. Don't bother with this guild, it's not worth the time.

Smokeyturtle
10-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Oh really..
Sorry no one responded to you and it made you feel that way.
See I too noticed people were not responding and I have addressed the problem.
See if your in a party group (quest group) you will not see guildies messages.
Easy fix.. Go to party tab. Left click tab at the top it will open up for you.
Click incoming messages and click guild and party should be set already.
To respond back to your guildies press /g before your message, or click the guild tab.
Now if your in a party group, you can see and respond back to your guild mates.
Sorry you left so soon..Your loss. But our guild always quests with each other.
I think I did talk to you before you left.
Maybe I'm wrong..
But our guild is most helpful and always someone online willing to help..
But your always welcome back.

Is there any reason you didn't address your questions in our forum?

http://smokeysguild.forums-free.com/

Its always best aswell for your next guild membership with who ever..
To address your problems with the guild officers, or even the leader..
They are their to help you. Not bash someones guild over something so minor.
If your a shy person maybe a guild isn't for you.

Stay Safe Friend.....

miceelf88
10-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Because I know that Smokey's guild inspires a certain amount of chagrin in many others (including myself- not a fan of the guild recruitment process), I wanted to say something positive.

Smokey is a really good guy to group with. He guided a set of newer/casual/unfamiliar players through the desert caravan on elite (and level appropriate, with both casters- I being one of them- having no cc). It can be daunting and require a lot of patience, but Smokey very patiently laid out the plan, helped us execute it, and was patient .

Happy with my own guild, but to somewhat counter the negative feedback about the guild, I just wanted to put it out there that Smokey himself is a good guy.

Smokeyturtle
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Very True,
At Smokey's Guild we all are always ready to quest and help.
We also have Vent.. So you can get to know the guild in person,
share quest info and get questing groups up quicker.
All are welcome to join our Fellowship Guild.
Come join a very fun and active guild..

See you soon...

SmokeyTurtle

breggar
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I too am looking to join a positive guild , returning player after 6 mos break . had some duty in the sand to do . i been in this game off and on since beta , had a unfortuate incident with a fellow named grimfloww or something reall rude sob , see been awile since i ran von and he booted me out because i forgot the place holder , real warm welcome . i run a cleric and some other alts and sorry that i forgot one of the main mid level quests in the game . i ran alot in raid guilds and its been seriouly more than a year . as far as me keeping u up in a fight im pretty good . but see that was never realised , just my impression im sure it doesnt reflect the guild as a whole

damiean

Smokeyturtle
11-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I will talk to him on this matter. You sure he didn't tell you that your not flagged for von and said he needed flagged players? Or was it something else?

We are fair when it comes to questing and I will see to it that my guild is of fellowship amoung anything else.

But hey if you need a cool guild to run with, send a officer a tell for a guild invite and Welcome New Member..

Fattiest
11-18-2009, 01:53 PM
I have ran with members of this guild on a few occasions, very put together, solid, knowledgeable guys,

Thumbs up Smokey

Fat Out,,,,,,,

ayspam
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I was also in Smokeys for all of 3mins 37seconds. They booted me. :(

I joined Legion afterwards :P

DoctorWhofan
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM

COngrats! :p

Gorstag
11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Agreed, Smokie's Guild is just to uber anymore. If legion members can not qualify, then how the hell am I even going to have a chance. I guess I will stick my sub-par guild for now. Maybe one day I'll be recognized and accepted.

To quote Po the Panda. "I'm blinded by their awsomeness!"

Fattiest
11-19-2009, 08:06 AM
from the sound of it i got lucky when i ran with them,,,,,,,, i didnt try to join tho.

Smokeyturtle
11-25-2009, 01:58 PM
We at Smokey's guild want you and your family to have a
Happy Thanksgiving..

"Remember to enjoy your family for one day there gone."

Minor_Threat
12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
All welcome at Smokey's Guild..
To help out new players,
Questing help,

found this ironic, cool build though.
http://www.cohesivegraphics.com/images/smokeysguild.jpg

Waukeen
12-18-2009, 10:54 PM
smokie's guild is getting elitist?

a sigh of the apocolypse?

you be the judge.

also, Tempest spine experienced only... really? its barely a raid, yet one of the most conceptually complete quests, a hook for new players, if nothing else. I know it hooked me when I pulled fullplate of the giants on my first run long ago.

11-14 tempest spine. uber.

and that build, I am speechless.

MistressDom
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I joined this guild for all of 3 days, because i was new and didn't know anyone.
Joining this guild changed nothing. It was like being in general chat, but with less responses from the other people in the channel. Don't bother with this guild, it's not worth the time.

You just didn't know the guild and didn't ask the right people this guild Rocks Better than anyother Guild I have seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Desirenots Bella

MistressDom
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM

you be the judge.

also, Tempest spine experienced only... really? its barely a raid, yet one of the most conceptually complete quests, a hook for new players, if nothing else. I know it hooked me when I pulled fullplate of the giants on my first run long ago.

This Guild is the only Guild that dosen't do that.

MistressDom
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
COngrats! :p

Whatever you have to have done something to break the rules to get booted that quick.... lets think.... I know you were doing something and got the whole Group killed and then left the team!!!!... I bet that is what you did!!!

MistressDom
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
found this ironic, cool build though.
http://www.cohesivegraphics.com/images/smokeysguild.jpg

She is Squeshy but she works!!!!!

MistressDom
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I have ran with members of this guild on a few occasions, very put together, solid, knowledgeable guys,

Thumbs up Smokey

Fat Out,,,,,,,

The more good PR we get the better and you Hit the nail on the head!!!

Ministry
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
For anyone who is on the forums and / or have been in the harbor, it is pretty clear that Smokey's Guild appears to be a Proletariate, All for 1, 1 For all, open to all type of guild.

So, as someone teaming with a Smokey's Guild member, you are going to have NO clue what you are going to get when you team with one or many of them.

As the leader of a guild this size and with that type of mantra / credo / etc., you cannot be omniscient no matter who or how much you may think you are and will have to know that your guild will be impossible to control and / or coordinate. You will have to know that you are going to receive both positive and negative feedback, whereby you can accept and grow with the positive and will have to know how to mitigate and accept the negative.

Smokey's Guild so far appears to be like a "Box of Chocolates" (without a little guide inside)... never know which you are going to get.

So far in 1 month back I've run with only 2 members of the guild on different teams and they were pretty decent, and this was at the level 17 - 20 range.

Knowing all this, we and they need to be cool with it.

When you team with most guilds, you know what you are getting all the time. Every guild has either a Charter, implicit or explicit and they can be characterized by it.

Smokey's Guild has one.

I'm guessing he knows that and is cool with it, and if not, will find the grade he and his flock will be happy about.

Talish
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
This Guild is the only Guild that dosen't do that and I would know you Moron!!!!!

She is Squeshy but she works!!!!!

Quote from screenshot ""Tempest Spine (only the ones who have been through it)""

Looks like you do do it.

Impaqt
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
The more good PR we get the better and you Hit the nail on the head!!!

PR is only half the battle.. Less than that even. You can have every memeber of Smokys post on the forums that they are the best guild ever.. It wont make it so.

Calling people on the forums Morons doesnt help.

The only reason you need "good PR" is because of the reputation you have built up. Earned even, IMO.

No good can come from a Rogue/Wiz/Sorc. Sorry. thats a Fact. Even well played, its going to become more of a hindrance than an asset in any group.

I wish you guys the best of luck, But when a 500+ member guild cant fill its own raids, thats kinda scary.

Ministry
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
PR is only half the battle.. Less than that even. You can have every memeber of Smokys post on the forums that they are the best guild ever.. It wont make it so.

Calling people on the forums Morons doesnt help.

The only reason you need "good PR" is because of the reputation you have built up. Earned even, IMO.

No good can come from a Rogue/Wiz/Sorc. Sorry. thats a Fact. Even well played, its going to become more of a hindrance than an asset in any group.

I wish you guys the best of luck, But when a 500+ member guild cant fill its own raids, thats kinda scary.

Well stated my friend... QFT and +1.

Dcloak
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
To MistressDom,

This thread should of died months ago. Oh and name calling is against the forum guidelines.

jones20992
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
well i guess its time for my 2 cents worth

it has been said here on the forums that you can make a toon that does all things, but at higher level you just end up with a toon that does all things poorly... i can say much is the same for a guild. in smokeys you have many a different type of players, roll playing, zerging, PvP etc..... and for the most part we are the guild that does all things poorly...but keep in mind that as far as i am concerned we are not out there to be the best at this or that with the exception of one thing we try our best at being a friendly guild for anyone there is no requirement for membership that is our strength and our down fall just as was said here our guild is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get that is very much true but as some guild tags i feel should grant instant acceptance to a group because that guild has worked hard to establish a reputation of great players i also feel that the smokey's tag should not be an automatic decline granted there are many in my guild that i would refuse to quest with because there inability to play well. i still have much fun being in the same guild with them, but i have had this conversation in guild chat many times when a player is declined because of his or her guild tag i myself don't run to this problem much but IMHO i feel that is solely because i have worked hard to play my toons to the best of my ability and i think that some other players on the server have seen that. i have a few people that i call friends that are in some of the best guilds on this server and i enjoy very much questing with them. the funny thing is sometimes i do get a few comments about my guild tag and sometimes i am even the one making them. i mean i am just hear to have a little fun but back to my point we have a lot of members that are simply just froobs that don't care to take the time to read the forums and learn about the game in a way to make them self better and only log in for a few hours a week i really don't see anything wrong with that and don't believe that they could have any better home then here at smokeys as we are the casual guild. i would just like to state that i do believe that in the upcoming future you will start to see some better players in the guild as we have some members that i see having the ability to become better players but at this point they have much to learn as i once did. i joined this guild because i wanted to share the blessing that was giving to me, my best friend in real life introduced me to this game and him having many lvl20 toons in one of the best guilds on this server showed me so much about this game that had a rather steep learning curve, i wanted very much to be in his guild just so that we would have a better chance of questing together so i ran unguilded for a long time doing my best to fulfill the requirements needed to join his guild but something happened along the way..... i found that i did like to do a little roll playing myself i liked to be the guy that sacrifices himself to help others with this i soon realized that it would be easy for me to get in to my friends guild and run raids till my hearts content but instead after meeting someone i now consider a good friend asked me to join smokey's guild i elected to accept a much greater challenge i wanted to join the worst guild and do what i can to make it better through my travels i have found many a good friends in a guild that is often laughed at by others but every day i log on and do my little part on making my guild better by playing to the best of my ability and sharing my knowledge with others so that they can too. so far the only draw back i have found is that i can sometimes have a short fuse in PUG's when others cant seem to get there **** in a pile, i mean for god sakes if i can teach one of those stupid noobs in smokeys guild to get it right you should have no problem figuring it out ether :) thanks to all the people that took the time to read this post and for all of you that would like to edit my post for grammar spelling and punctuation fell free to do it for me as i never put enough skill points in to it myself happy questing

gemineye
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Wall o' text

Well said. Good luck! Your gonna need it! I think you should roll another gimp toon, maybe a Pally this time for your quest for this Holy Grail. You better get some more Silver Flame favor too....you are going to need all the help you can get!

Turtlsdown
02-02-2010, 03:35 PM

it has been said here on the forums that you can make a toon that does all things, but at higher level you just end up with a toon that does all things poorly... i can say much is the same for a guild. in smokeys you have many a different type of players, roll playing, zerging, PvP etc..... and for the most part we are the guild that does all things poorly...but keep in mind that as far as i am concerned we are not out there to be the best at this or that with the exception of one thing we try our best at being a friendly guild for anyone there is no requirement for membership that is our strength and our down fall just as was said here our guild is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get that is very much true but as some guild tags i feel should grant instant acceptance to a group because that guild has worked hard to establish a reputation of great players i also feel that the smokey's tag should not be an automatic decline granted there are many in my guild that i would refuse to quest with because there inability to play well. i still have much fun being in the same guild with them, but i have had this conversation in guild chat many times when a player is declined because of his or her guild tag i myself don't run to this problem much but IMHO i feel that is solely because i have worked hard to play my toons to the best of my ability and i think that some other players on the server have seen that. i have a few people that i call friends that are in some of the best guilds on this server and i enjoy very much questing with them. the funny thing is sometimes i do get a few comments about my guild tag and sometimes i am even the one making them. i mean i am just hear to have a little fun but back to my point we have a lot of members that are simply just froobs that don't care to take the time to read the forums and learn about the game in a way to make them self better and only log in for a few hours a week i really don't see anything wrong with that and don't believe that they could have any better home then here at smokeys as we are the casual guild. i would just like to state that i do believe that in the upcoming future you will start to see some better players in the guild as we have some members that i see having the ability to become better players but at this point they have much to learn as i once did. i joined this guild because i wanted to share the blessing that was giving to me, my best friend in real life introduced me to this game and him having many lvl20 toons in one of the best guilds on this server showed me so much about this game that had a rather steep learning curve, i wanted very much to be in his guild just so that we would have a better chance of questing together so i ran unguilded for a long time doing my best to fulfill the requirements needed to join his guild but something happened along the way..... i found that i did like to do a little roll playing myself i liked to be the guy that sacrifices himself to help others with this i soon realized that it would be easy for me to get in to my friends guild and run raids till my hearts content but instead after meeting someone i now consider a good friend asked me to join smokey's guild i elected to accept a much greater challenge i wanted to join the worst guild and do what i can to make it better through my travels i have found many a good friends in a guild that is often laughed at by others but every day i log on and do my little part on making my guild better by playing to the best of my ability and sharing my knowledge with others so that they can too. so far the only draw back i have found is that i can sometimes have a short fuse in PUG's when others cant seem to get there **** in a pile, i mean for god sakes if i can teach one of those stupid noobs in smokeys guild to get it right you should have no problem figuring it out ether :) thanks to all the people that took the time to read this post and for all of you that would like to edit my post for grammar spelling and punctuation fell free to do it for me as i never put enough skill points in to it myself happy questing

I can't tell what you're saying in this post because everytime I try to read it my eyes start bleeding :(

KingOfCheese
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, i guess it is time for my two cents worth: it has been said here on the forums that you can make a toon that does all things, but at higher level you just end up with a toon that does all things poorly... i can say much is the same for a guild.

In Smokey's you have many different types of players: role playing, zerging, PvP etc. For the most part we are the guild that does all things poorly . . . but keep in mind that as far as i am concerned, we are not out there to be the best at this or that with the exception of one thing: we try our best at being a friendly guild for anyone.

There is no requirement for membership. That is our strength and our down fall. Just as was said here above, our guild is like a box of chocolates: you never know what your going to get. That is very much true. But as with some guild tags where I feel should grant instant acceptance to a group because that guild has worked hard to establish a reputation of great players, I also feel that the Smokey's tag should not be an automatic decline. Granted there are many in my guild that i would refuse to quest with because of their inability to play well. I still have much fun being in the same guild with them. I have had this conversation in guild chat many times when a Smokey's player is declined because of his or her guild tag.

I myself don't run into this problem much, but IMHO I feel that is solely because I have worked hard to play my toons to the best of my ability and I think that some other players on the server have seen that. I have a few people that I call friends that are in some of the best guilds on this server and I enjoy very much questing with them. The funny thing is that sometimes I do get a few comments about my guild tag and sometimes I am even the one making them. I mean I am just here to have a little fun.

But back to my point: we have a lot of members that are simply just froobs that don't care to take the time to read the forums and learn about the game in a way to make themselves better and only log in for a few hours a week. I really don't see anything wrong with that and don't believe that they could have any better home then here at Smokey's, as we are the casual guild.

I would just like to state that I do believe that in the upcoming future you will start to see some better players in the guild (as we have some members that I see having the ability to become better players), but at this point they have much to learn as I once did.

I joined this guild because i wanted to share the blessing that was giving to me. My best friend in real life introduced me to this game (him having many lvl20 toons in one of the best guilds on this server). He showed me so much about this game that had a rather steep learning curve. I wanted very much to be in his guild just so that we would have a better chance of questing together so I ran unguilded for a long time doing my best to fulfill the requirements needed to join his guild but something happened along the way . . . I found that I did like to do a little roll playing myself and I liked to be the guy that sacrifices himself to help others with this. I soon realized that it would be easy for me to get in to my friends guild and run raids till my hearts content, but instead after meeting someone I now consider a good friend, who asked me to join Smokey's Guild, I elected to accept a much greater challenge.

I wanted to join the worst guild and do what I can to make it better through my travels. I have found many a good friends in a guild that is often laughed at by others, but every day I log on and do my little part at making my guild better by playing to the best of my ability and sharing my knowledge with others so that they can too. So far the only draw back I have found is that I can sometimes have a short fuse in PUGs when others cant seem to get there **** in a pile. I mean for God's sake, if i can teach one of those stupid noobs in Smokey's Guild to get it right, you should have no problem figuring it out ether :).

Thanks to all the people that took the time to read this post . . . and for all of you that would like to edit my post for grammar spelling and punctuation--feel free to do it for me, as I never put enough skill points in to it myself happy questing

Only because you said it was OK :p

Ministry
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Oh Socks... you kill me.... hahahaha

GJ and you have too many points, so I can't give ya any more or you gonna burst like that big marshmallow guy in Ghostbusters.

Ya, that wasn't suppose to make sense... I just want you to edit me too.

:)

jones20992

thank you

Flasharte
I can't tell what you're saying in this post because everytime I try to read it my eyes start bleeding :(

hilarious

KingOfCheese
02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh Socks... you kill me.... hahahaha

Good job. And you have too many reputation points from me, so I can't give you any more at this time. And you have so many reputation points in general (likely because you are so smart and sexy and just a good person--and did I say sexy?) that I fear giving you more will cause you to burst like that big marshmallow guy in Ghostbusters.

Ya, that wasn't suppose to make sense... I just want you to edit me too.

:)

Done!

Ministry
02-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Done!

TY mon frere... coudn't have said it better if I tried... and I did, but I didn't do so well...

:(

CE2JRH123
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
we are the guild that does all things poorly

You've sold me.

All jokes aside, I've met one or two decent players in Smokey's, and a few bad. There's a barbarian I would consider a good guy and decent player. On the other hand, I met a level 16 wizard who insisted on casting nothing but magic missiles cause "it was the best."

Purgatory
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Did a Sc run with a one smokeys fine casters.... pk all the kobolts at the start then asked why my FVS had no DV's for him.......

Lagin
02-02-2010, 04:28 PM

/signed

CE2JRH123
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I really like the communist style of Smokey's Guild.

SolarDawning
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I ran with some Smokey's members while leveling up. I was 14, and joined a group advertising that they were doing an elite favor run of Threnal. They were levels 14-15, and all in Smokey's Guild.
It went something like this.

Me: *joins* Heya everyone, which side are you on?

Them: "Starting the second library quest, where you escort the people"

(Ten minutes later, they're still organizing outside the entrance. Lots of misc talk indicating that they have no clue what they're doing)

Me: Since you're all just standing around, I'm going to run the first quest to get on the same part of the chain as you.

Group leader: "No you can't do that, we don't have time to waste on that"

Me: I'll take under a minute.

Group leader, she says: The first quest does NOT take under a minute. You're an idiot.

Me: (Exiting quest, after about fourty seconds inside) "All set, I'm on part 2 now. I'll go in and get started on the escort."

Her (Actually yelling over voice) "NO, WE DO THINGS AS A GROUP, I can't heal you if you act like an idiot and get yourself killed!"

Me: "I'm sorry, but when I joined, the LFM said favor run. Threnal is a level 9 quest series, and we're all levels 14-15."
(I squelch her at this point, because she just won't quit yelling at me. I'm sure she would have booted me, but I've just entered the quest.)

*At this point I start the quest. Five minutes later, when they're all inside and have finished buffing, I've already parked the NPC's at the library door, and head down one wing to hit the switch.

They go down the other wing, I finish my side, then go to the other and pick up all of their soul stones. (Yes, somehow they all died down there.) I take them to a shrine, hit their switch, and go kill the fire reaver and finish the quest.*

Me: "I'm sorry everyone, but I don't think this is the kind of group for me. Frankly, I could do it in half the time solo. Good luck, you need it."

Just a thought, maybe Smokey's Guild would have a better reputation if their leadership and officer corps worked on educating their playerbase on how to be better players, rather than just sending blind invites to everyone in the Leaky Dinghy?

Smokeyturtle
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
By reading this, I see why they may have died.. Zerging quest for what? Its players like you running through dungeons and not being a team or maybe you were not. Who know what they did or you. They are not my kids or do I own them in anyway. Maybe they were having a party before you joined their team.. They do have some good shrooms down in them dungeons. It really sickens me how people from 3 years ago that would blind invite just like I did back (((THEN))) and Curse me while being so mean to others.

Its cool, We at Smokey's Guild are better then that. It just shows how much of a :D Bass they are. (Fishy huh) For one, we all like to have a good time in my guild, (2) We do help our new members when we can learn how to play the game and combat aswell. Hey, some people in life like to play games the way they like to play games. I can't use mind control they are not my puppets like the way you run your guilds. So let me ask you something cause I have played with alot of your guild, So have my alts and other members.. Do you see our guild members or me trashing your guilds...No!!! I played with this one guild and man you can keep Megaphone Man and Crazy Control Dude. But never do I trash you or mention your Guild names.. Are you scared of our guild size? Come on... Are your scared people like us? People have more fun in my guild then yours, Is that what it is? Don't be Scared.. Learn to know the person and the guild before you Trash Us. You may like us and say damn that guild is cool. Write me a letter in game. We will met up, Hey I will buy you a ale....(one ale per talk..) lol
But....
For all you new players and/or seasoned ones reading how these other guilds on this forum trash my guild, Then you choose how you want to play this game.. These people hate me using hate speach and trashing my guild for years. I still show them love, and respect, aswell as their guild members.. What they show me..huh.. Kissy kissy kissy. Nope no kissy.. Maybe there girls do, hehe (J/K) So Know at Smokey's Guild we don't judge you by the way you play when your noob. We will help you like a brotherhood should, All welcome at Smokey's Guild. Just be cool and nice to others is all we ask and your home is here..

Stay safe and love each other..

Minor_Threat
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Was browsing Smokey's Guild site and I found this pretty disgraceful.
If it's real, I hope the person posts it here on the forums.
It seems real though, if it was someone trying to slander- they would likely have done it here.
Too bad he/she didn't leave an email.

http://www.cohesivegraphics.com/smokeyguild_deaf.jpg
It's the top comment on their guestbook.

This and other things I've observed ingame go against your guild "mission statement", Smokey's Guild is more of an unruly mob than anything.

MorningStarSE
02-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I love this server drama :D

Though i've no good comment to say about Smokey's guild either. So i will only say that i leave the group as soon as i see the guild tag - soloing quest, even if it takes longer are more profitable then running with one of them.. :rolleyes:

Smokeyturtle
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
I too have seen that post aswell as other players trashing our guild name and saying they are from DDO.I have deleted them messages.. Is it real about the deaf guy.. I think not, cause as you pointed out no email or no direct contact with me or any officer. Let me tell you I would never do anything like that or want a guild member of mine doing that to others. It makes me sad to think someone would do that or lie about that to make my guild look bad. I have brought it to my officers attention way before you posted it here. If any of my members would or is doing that I would Report them and BOOT them out of the guild. Like I said before I can't control people for all I know it could be another guild members alt. You just never know. Thats why I didn't take it down. I am taking it down now for I am on top of the matter. I always try my best at keeping a eye and ear on how my guild is treating others. I have had many members tell me some wrong things your guilds do to them.. All I can say is report them. I have booted many from my guild for acting a fool and just plain being mean to others. I will not have that in my guild!!

We at smokey's guild will not treat others badly or be hateful in anyway. We are a fellowship guild and at anytime a member of my guild acts hateful or mean to others Report them right away and hey let me know about it. For how will I know if you don't tell me their characters name so I can take action. I see I will never get through to you all on this Forum but I truely wish this would end. I really hope people that read this see we are a good guild and thats all I Ever wanted.. I mean damn I'm lawful Good...

"Fight Well Friends"

KillEveryone
02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Whatever you have to have done something to break the rules to get booted that quick.... lets think.... I know you were doing something and got the whole Group killed and then left the team!!!!... I bet that is what you did!!!

Before you start fanning the flames you should maybe read the actual post. Dr. Who Fan was congratulating...

Merc's don't drop because a group goes bad. It's in the rules. We can recall out and reform if the group agrees, we can recall out and re-enter, but we do not drop group because of a bad player or people die. It's in the guild rules.

KillEveryone
02-15-2010, 10:10 AM

<snipped>

myself happy questing

You hurt my eyes. I tried but just couldn't get past the first line.

KillEveryone
02-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I have run with several members of Smoky's.

I do have a few on my friend's list because they were good players.

Minor_Threat
02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Is it real about the deaf guy.. I think not, cause as you pointed out no email or no direct contact with me or any officer.

As usual your posts are a bit incoherent. However, if it was fake and simply to slander you, why would this person do it on your site which probably had very little traffic other than guild members? Or that you can just delete it?

Like I said before I can't control people for all I know it could be another guild members alt. You just never know.
Not saying you have to control people but it seems, that blind inviting people leads to having less than stellar guildies. I'm sure there are some good players in Smokey's Guild, by sheer numbers there would have to be a few, maybe someday I'll meet one.

I know you say you don't send blind invites but I made it into "Smokey's Guild" without asking, because walking around Korthos I was sent an invite and this was about 2 months ago. Apparently it isn't blind inviting if the person can see you, I asked the person who had the officer invite me, he said that the more people he recruits the sooner he becomes an officer. This is why you end up with people that cause ingame problems and lead to this type of thing.

I just realized after reading farther into your response that I'm just wasting my time, you can't comprehend the situation.

"Fight Well Friends"

RangerMaya
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
By reading this, I see why they may have died.. Zerging quest for what? Its players like you running through dungeons and not being a team (etc. etc)

I fail to see how one player can be blamed for the other five dying when they aren't even in the same part of the dungeon. I highly doubt that the one person who wasn't being a "team player" could have made the difference and saved the rest from death in a cake dungeon; if they couldn't survive in a group of five people there's probably no saving them.

Generally when you join a favor run it's accepted that there isn't any xp involved and people tend to split up to just get it over with quickly.

Not bashing anyone's guild here, just saying that it sounds silly to blame 5 party member's deaths on the fact that one person wasn't with them when they died.

Smokeyturtle
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
((As usual your posts are a bit incoherent. However, if it was fake and simply to slander you, why would this person do it on your site which probably had very little traffic other than guild members? Or that you can just delete it?))

It justs seems fake to me. because when new members join up they could read it just fishy thats all. Also why would a Hearing Inpaired person call himself Deaf Player.. I'm just thinking its strange thats all.

((I know you say you don't send blind invites but I made it into "Smokey's Guild" without asking, because walking around Korthos I was sent an invite and this was about 2 months ago. Apparently it isn't blind inviting if the person can see you, I asked the person who had the officer invite me, he said that the more people he recruits the sooner he becomes an officer.))

See that makes me think your attacking my guild, For one (Members) can't invite you into the guild only officers can or me. And we ask the Character if they want to join before the invite, like you said he says she say..Damn I feel like we are in grade school.. inviting people in the guild makes him a officer. Thats not how you become a officer in my guild. I don't make people officer for getting people to join the guild. If he is talking to you how is that a blind invite which one explains he had no way to blind invite.. Its cool man you hate me and my guild. I'm sure alot of people like you aswell.

WE AT SMOKEY'S GUILD DON'T BLIND INVITE ok..
How old are you all?
I want a age post so I know cause this is like bunch of 5th graders..
So let me do what I was here posting from the begining...

Any level/class/race/gender
are welcome
to join our Fellowship Guild.
We are always online 24/7
"Eight days a week.."
(great song)
To help out new players,
Questing help,
Or maybe you just
need a change of guilds?
For the guild your in now isn't the
right fit for your character.
Don't worry we have it all..
We have guild events,quest groups,role playing,
also pvp for all your characters needs.
You couldn't ask for more in a guild.

We also have a web page aswell

http://SmokeysGuild.com

A Guild Forum Too..

http://smokeysguild.forums-free.com/

So you can grow within the guild and share
your greatest moments here at
Smokey's Guild..

Fight Well Friends

Missing_Minds
02-15-2010, 04:34 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=224000

Nice people you have in your guild. (post #9)

Ministry
02-15-2010, 05:31 PM
I think I made a post in this thread a while ago and think if people from Smokey's Guild, especially the Leader and Officers read it, they would be much better off.

Guys, your guild is huge and you have NO WAY of controlling what your members do.

If you think you know all your members and how they are in every situation at every time... you are sorely mistaken... no one is that omniscient.

If you are going to have an open guild, you better have an open mind and thick skin, as you are going to have incidents.

Maybe the "deaf" player incident was true or not. Seriously... mitigate it. Many guilds have suffered situations like this... true or not.

You need to learn from the other guilds out there who have had bad ***** happen in their guild or suffer rumors, inuendos, etc...

"Water off the ducks back".

You can either investigate every situation in order to clear up incidents, pick and chose the odd one, or just let it go.

A guild of your size will be IMPOSSIBLE to control.

You guys need to make a choice... or a few choices. Either you are huge and open to the good, bad and ugly, or you clean it up and only allow people who buy into your philosophy and will conduct themselves in accordance with your mantra.

Take it from someone who knows politics in game and out of game...The more you argue or try to fight an argument like the one you are "slander", or whatever... you will come across as defensive and ultimately will lose.

Trust me again... I've felt it. You can be completely innocent and on the right side of things and someone says one thing that is not true and all the sudden you are pariah.

Guys, It appears you know what you want Smokey's Guild to be, so now you just need to determine how you will deal with "issues" that come up.

I love the concept of a open guild that wants to be good and help all, but it might be a lot to expect to hope for a perfect situation. Maybe in your mantra you could post something about asking for understanding and forgiveness for anything you guys will ever do wrong and then link back to it with any responses to people slamming you in the future... that might help.

;)

BTW.. sounds like a sermon, but I'm just trying to help.

GL.

Deadslug
02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!1

Misstressdom's response to my winners post was a misunderstanding. She's actually a very nice person and very loyal to her guildmates. Smokeyturtle is a very stand-up guy who has been trying very hard to create an inviting and friendly guild where everyone is welcomed. The members of Smokey's Guild that I have encountered over the last few months (since September when they re-appeared) have been really enjoyable to quest with. Like all guilds, i'm sure Smokey's gets a bad apple or two. Smokey patrols this forum, and he's in game all the time. If you have a specific issue with one of his peeps, give him respect. Go to him, go to one of his officers they go out of their way to help and/or correct bad situations. Megar is a really awesome person and fun to play with. If you haven't gotten a chance to play with her or Winda.... you should. Both are excellent players, on par, on calliber with the kind of play you come to expect when in a group with Pestillence or Legion players. Truly some of the server's elite.

Go to Smokey. He's very approachable. I was on Thelanis and witnessed the first incarnation of Smokey's Guild. They blind invited everyone, and then did not police their rank and file. By the time Smokeyturtle realized it was happening, it was a little out of control. The guild disappeared for a long time, when F2P came out, they reappeared. The guild of today is completely different from the guild of 3 years ago. Smokey and all of his officers are very responsible and great players. They are putting a lot of effort into making it work well this time. I am proud to call them friends.

I'm Nineteen Zerothirtyseven, and that's what I think.

DoctorWhofan
02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!1

Misstressdom's response to my winners post was a misunderstanding. She's actually a very nice person and very loyal to her guildmates. Smokeyturtle is a very stand-up guy who has been trying very hard to create an inviting and friendly guild where everyone is welcomed. The members of Smokey's Guild that I have encountered over the last few months (since September when they re-appeared) have been really enjoyable to quest with. Like all guilds, i'm sure Smokey's gets a bad apple or two. Smokey patrols this forum, and he's in game all the time. If you have a specific issue with one of his peeps, give him respect. Go to him, go to one of his officers they go out of their way to help and/or correct bad situations. Megar is a really awesome person and fun to play with. If you haven't gotten a chance to play with her or Winda.... you should. Both are excellent players, on par, on calliber with the kind of play you come to expect when in a group with Pestillence or Legion players. Truly some of the server's elite.

Go to Smokey. He's very approachable. I was on Thelanis and witnessed the first incarnation of Smokey's Guild. They blind invited everyone, and then did not police their rank and file. By the time Smokeyturtle realized it was happening, it was a little out of control. The guild disappeared for a long time, when F2P came out, they reappeared. The guild of today is completely different from the guild of 3 years ago. Smokey and all of his officers are very responsible and great players. They are putting a lot of effort into making it work well this time. I am proud to call them friends.

Mistrissdom has a PM.

SOrry Deadslug, I get the oppisete, especially what she said to me.

Minor_Threat
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Did you even read my post?

It justs seems fake to me. because when new members join up they could read it just fishy thats all. Also why would a Hearing Inpaired person call himself Deaf Player.. I'm just thinking its strange thats all. Just because someone has what others call a disability doesn't mean that they are also politically correct about it.

((I know you say you don't send blind invites but I made it into "Smokey's Guild" without asking, because walking around Korthos I was sent an invite and this was about 2 months ago. Apparently it isn't blind inviting if the person can see you, I asked the person who had the officer invite me, he said that the more people he recruits the sooner he becomes an officer.))

See that makes me think your attacking my guild, For one (Members) can't invite you into the guild only officers can or me. And we ask the Character if they want to join before the invite, like you said he says she say..Damn I feel like we are in grade school.. inviting people in the guild makes him a officer. Thats not how you become a officer in my guild. I don't make people officer for getting people to join the guild. If he is talking to you how is that a blind invite which one explains he had no way to blind invite.. Its cool man you hate me and my guild. I'm sure alot of people like you aswell.

If you read my post you would see that I was invited by an officer, and I questioned the person who told them to invite me, and as far as what the guy said, I didn't say it- one of your guildies did.

WE AT SMOKEY'S GUILD DON'T BLIND INVITE ok..
How old are you all?
I want a age post so I know cause this is like bunch of 5th graders..
So let me do what I was here posting from the begining...
I don't hate anyone, I just get irritated that you are constantly posting your guild mantra all over, ingame, on the forums, when a large portion of your guild doesn't seem to follow it at all and when it gets brought up you just post something like "I CAN"T CONTROL EVERYONE!!11!", just accept it and change your guild name to "Smokey's Mob"

Any level/class/race/gender
are welcome
to join our Fellowship Guild.
We are always online 24/7
"Eight days a week.."
(great song)
To help out new players,
Questing help,
Or maybe you just
need a change of guilds?
For the guild your in now isn't the
right fit for your character.
Don't worry we have it all..
We have guild events,quest groups,role playing,
also pvp for all your characters needs.
You couldn't ask for more in a guild.

Fight Well Friends

Deadslug
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Mistrissdom has a PM.

SOrry Deadslug, I get the oppisete, especially what she said to me.

I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!1

Her venom towards me, i think was a missunderstanding. I would like to give her the benefit of my doubt. I know that many people from the guild as a whole made sure that me and them were cool. I don't know what she said to you, Doctor.... I can't speak on that. I do know that Smokey's Guild has taken a bad rep on this server and its forum for years. I know that I have interacted with very many of them since F2P came out, and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I have enjoyed time spent with Smokey, Winda, Megar and many others of them. They seem to still be suffering from sins of the past. Some of their people that have been with the guild from even back then still are very defensive about their name and their guild. They may be on or close to the edge over it. I have long since forgiven the guild's sins of 3 1/2 years ago. I'm looking at the new Smokey's Guild as a new guild. Its not. But I am reaching out to a very large guild that can easily brag 2 to 3 hundred of the games new players. His guild has gone out of their way to welcome new players to the game and create a home they can be proud of. He is helpful to his new recruits and he personally sees to helping each one of them. His officers are good people.

For awhile, Legion and Pestilence came under attack from some of the other guilds on this server. There are so many great players in those guilds that bring so much valuable experience and ability to every quest they play through, that it is hard to take a stance of hating on them. I'd rather be friendly with them. The role-playing guilds (which would include mine often) come under attack from some of the other guilds on this server. I love these people. They are some of my best friends. Their playing ability should never be questioned. If I need a rouge... I'm anxiously looking for Points. If I need a ranger, I'd be happy to be joined by Turen or Valianna. Bard? Jaggie!!!! Fighter?? Deriaz!! All guilds from every kind of guild have come under fire from one direction or another. The Legions and Pestilence's of our server have become defensive about the things they continually feel attack them. The RP'ers of our server have become defensive about the things they continually feel attack them. Smokey's Guild has become defensive about the things they feel are continually attacking them.

If I said something offensive to you in this post or any post about one of your close friends in your guild, you'd lay the smack down on me pretty quick. If it came out that the original offense was a missunderstanding, we'd try to work it out.

Once upon a time there was great Xoriat. The server of hate.
Once upon a time there was Fair Thelanis. The server of fairies, love and butterflies.
I'm afraid i was a Thelanis fellow. I want to just see the whole server get along.

Minor_Threat
02-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I do know that Smokey's Guild has taken a bad rep on this server and its forum for years. I honestly don't even remember the old Smokey's Guild, it seems the bad rep is newly earned.

I know that I have interacted with very many of them since F2P came out, and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I have enjoyed time spent with Smokey, Winda, Megar and many others of them. They seem to still be suffering from sins of the past. Smokey even admits there are people in guild who are less than stellar people and his only advice is to report them, you have more faith than he does apparently.

For awhile, Legion and Pestilence came under attack from some of the other guilds on this server. Under attack for what? Being great guilds and good at what they do? I don't see the connection.

The Legions and Pestilence's of our server have become defensive about the things they continually feel attack them. ?

Smokey's Guild has become defensive about the things they feel are continually attacking them. I hardly think they are being attacked, criticized maybe.

If I said something offensive to you in this post or any post about one of your close friends in your guild, you'd lay the smack down on me pretty quick. Very little of what is said is anything other than honest observation.

What I think in red.

Waukeen
02-17-2010, 12:36 AM

you be the judge.

I wrote this like 3 months ago and am just now reading the back lash (edited by a mod version).

I simply articulated my thoughts about a funny lfm pic.

I stand by my words. I run into smokey guild people often in PuGs.

Some fulfill their role and others do not.

That build is a jack of no trade and master of none.

Furthermore form reading all of your posts MistressDom (especially the v-day massacre one), I will no longer post the thoughts that many of us have about your guild. You seem thoroughly unhinged and hypersensitive. I hope to never meet you ingame

-runix

DoctorWhofan
02-17-2010, 11:31 AM
I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!1

Her venom towards me, i think was a missunderstanding. I read it, and I don't know how she would be angry about it, unless she NEVER read the rest of the thread. THat smells of a reactive personality. Not a good thing repping your guild on the forums. REgardless, Not your fault. We, the readers, didn't see an apology, but you are trusted enough to believe she apologised.

I would like to give her the benefit of my doubt. I know that many people from the guild as a whole made sure that me and them were cool. I don't know what she said to you, Doctor.... I can't speak on that. Look a couple of pages back on the thread here.

I do know that Smokey's Guild has taken a bad rep on this server and its forum for years. I know that I have interacted with very many of them since F2P came out, and have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

I have playedwith several REALLY COOL players from Smokey's Guild, andthat is why I am not venoment about it. HOWEVER I have played was some "winners" that have habitly wiped a PuG and tell the group they "know" everything and die continuously doing the wrong thing.

Also the continuous adverts (though, I admit are getting better) drove me up the wall when trying to answer questions in advice/general, especially in Korthos.

I have enjoyed time spent with Smokey, Winda, Megar and many others of them. They seem to still be suffering from sins of the past.

These are new sins. I make no judgment on any guild until they anger me and my guildies off. We are probably the most tolerant guild in the game in regards to new players and new guilds...all I got from them was alot of smack and attitude when I asked them to tone down the spam of the guild recruiting message, and I asked politely.

Some of their people that have been with the guild from even back then still are very defensive about their name and their guild.

Well living the example is the best way not being nasty about it. Jumping down the throat of anyone who says ANYTHING can give a guild a bad rep too. And that can be done here in the forums.

They may be on or close to the edge over it. I have long since forgiven the guild's sins of 3 1/2 years ago.

I dont remember them 3 1/2 years ago.

I'm looking at the new Smokey's Guild as a new guild. Its not. But I am reaching out to a very large guild that can easily brag 2 to 3 hundred of the games new players. His guild has gone out of their way to welcome new players to the game and create a home they can be proud of. He is helpful to his new recruits and he personally sees to helping each one of them.

HE meaning smokey? Probably is. He seems like a nice guy himself, his officers are something to desired.

His officers are good people. NO. I often roll up a level 1 no-guild in korthos to see what is going on. And while the adverts have slacked off, the bad behavior hasn't. Groups I have been with them have been trials of "knowledge" and/or guild recruiting. Then the blind guild invites. Smokey knows this is bad and he should discourage it from his Officers.

For awhile, Legion and Pestilence came under attack from some of the other guilds on this server.

NO, they were attacked generally because ofthe "Xoriat only" LFMs. And it wasn't just them. They had big mouths and bigger egos, at least that what it seemed like at the beginning. THey either got over it or learned to keep it in house. Since they NEVER jumped down my throat over anything and they helped me many times and "allowed" me to join their guild raids, it must mean they relaxed. Which is good, their knowledge pool is awesome.

Either they thought I was compentent player or they thought I was amusing (I suspect the latter, chuckling at me over vent!) regardless I learned alot from them, and they understood my place in the server. While neither of us seek out the other when questing, I (hope! and) believe we have a mutual respect for each other.

Not so here. I get some really great guys from Smokeys, then a whole train of idiots. THe Nastiness really colours my opinion of them. Legion and Pestlence haven't giving me nastiness but gave me honestly, without being rude about it. Sometimes that's a bitter pill. To this day, I can only recall twice where Legion was nasty to me.

There are so many great players in those guilds that bring so much valuable experience and ability to every quest they play through, that it is hard to take a stance of hating on them. I'd rather be friendly with them. The role-playing guilds (which would include mine often) come under attack from some of the other guilds on this server. I love these people. They are some of my best friends. Their playing ability should never be questioned. If I need a rouge... I'm anxiously looking for Points. If I need a ranger, I'd be happy to be joined by Turen or Valianna. Bard? Jaggie!!!! Fighter?? Deriaz!! All guilds from every kind of guild have come under fire from one direction or another. The Legions and Pestilence's of our server have become defensive about the things they continually feel attack them. The RP'ers of our server have become defensive about the things they continually feel attack them. Smokey's Guild has become defensive about the things they feel are continually attacking them.

If I said something offensive to you in this post or any post about one of your close friends in your guild, you'd lay the smack down on me pretty quick.

Incorrect. I'd ask you why and try to work it out. Or talk to your guild leader. I don't judge an entire guild by one person. Now you are making assumptions on me.

If it came out that the original offense was a missunderstanding, we'd try to work it out.

Once upon a time there was great Xoriat. The server of hate.
Once upon a time there was Fair Thelanis. The server of fairies, love and butterflies.
I'm afraid i was a Thelanis fellow. I want to just see the whole server get along.

Let me give you a Tharashk impression of the merge: Thelanis people, though very welcoming, wanted to play THEIR way and we had to play THEIR way. Xoriat didn't wanna play with the lesser servers and anything with butterflies was wrong.

Tharashk--well, we were the smallest and we learned to get along WITH EVERY STYLE OF PLAYING. We had to, only Amen and MERCS (not my guild) had enough players to have a guild raid. So we shrugged and waited it out. We will play with anyone and we learned to adopt our playstyles with whomever had the star. Thelanis mellowed to see not everyone thought squaredancing once a week at the bank was cool, and Xorians realised not all of us were gimp. The end result is we all learned to get along with our massive differnence of playstyles to becomethe best Server EVAR!

Look, If we are addressing Smokey about it, we are trying to get him to realise that he is heading towards a KA. He has been around long enough to realise that what his officers are doing is wrong. HE has the power to make is guild better than before. THe way it is going is not going to be good for him and his guild. He needs to implement some changes and rules.

My guild, which is pretty rules light, has rules. My guild who helps new players, doesn't invite EVERY ONE OF THEM to my guild. Instead, we tell them how to find the guild that will meet their needs, we give them tools thatwillmakethe game fun and easier. Finally we give them a sounding board for questions, for my guild is required to answer any question (or find the answer) that is presented to them in a tell.

SO if he wants to help new players, putting them in a guild that lack cohesion and enforces the rule that no one will be turned down is just setting themselves up for a KA disaster.

And for the record-- Smokey's Guild isn't on our DNP list, nor is any player.

ViralPlastia
02-18-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not in the guild but I've enjoyed questing with your members.

Sturlin
02-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I was in the guild for awhile, and I can attest to the fact that at least around october officers were promoted based purely on recruiting power, and that becoming a huge guild was the main goal.

Left the guild for reasons unrelated to Smokey and his officers: My RL friends switched servers and I jumped over to Khyber.

Aside from a handful of people I disliked for personal reasons I never noticed any bad behavior from the guild. I would have stuck around had I not been led to switch servers. Still, I can see how it would be such a large guild now that I would have missed the troublemakers, or that Smokey might not see them. Lotta people.

I agree with some of the statement(s) above. Smokey, you should either let the criticisms rolls off your back or perhaps you should prune your guild a bit so that you may prevent such behavior from the bad egg or two that gets in through the broad recruiting policies. Don't let it stress ya out too much, and happy gaming.

tomatt72
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I ran with some Smokey's members while leveling up. I was 14, and joined a group advertising that they were doing an elite favor run of Threnal. They were levels 14-15, and all in Smokey's Guild.
It went something like this.

Just a thought, maybe Smokey's Guild would have a better reputation if their leadership and officer corps worked on educating their playerbase on how to be better players, rather than just sending blind invites to everyone in the Leaky Dinghy?

this is normal for the officers of that guild they spend too much time talking about absolutely nothing and waste time outside of the quest that most people end up leaving the group. I personaly will not group with certain members/officers one is the wiz/rogue/sorc uber weak toon, another is a pali who thinks he is Uber because he can solo quests on casual mode (I don't want to listen to you talking about how great you think you are) he even went as far as telling people that he is so uber that he solo'd GH TOR (BS). Also the smokey's officers need to 1. use either ventrillo OR ingame talk while questing it gets annoying to hear them start talking in the middle of a quest about guild ****. 2. learn how to use push to talk, I don't want to hear you chewing your food, yelling at your kids or in the pali's case I don't want to hear you taking each hit off your joint. just my 2 cents worth

Nyriana
03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2814831&postcount=8 I redirect those with problems here...welcome to the tip of the iceberg at Smokey's