PDA

View Full Version : Tomes?

DANTEIL
10-20-2009, 05:22 PM
I tried searching the forums and the wiki for this information but no luck...

Aside from the auction house and the Store, where and how does one start getting tomes? Do they only drop as rewards in certain places? Are they restricted to certain levels? Why do people refer to 'eating' a tome?

Obviously, I'm wondering when I'll be able to raise some of my stats :)

Phidius
10-20-2009, 05:35 PM
In general, you can find +1 tomes in chests and end rewards in quests starting around level 9. You can also find them in the Orchard of the Macabre and Menechtarun Desert (spelling is doubtful)

+2 tomes can be found in raid warded chests, also in level 16+ chests and end rewards, and in explorer areas like the Vale (with a +1 loot gem), the Reaver's Refuge (never by me), etc...

+3 tomes can be found in the higher raids like the Reaver's Fate, the Shroud, VoD, HoX, etc...

Rumor has it +4s can be found in ToD...

When you use a Tome/Manual, your character performs an animation that looks to have been borrowed from the act of eating. Considering that the Tome/Manual disappears once it's used, it is considered consumed.

DANTEIL
10-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the useful answer.. sucks to know I'm going to have to wait a while. :)

CE2JRH123
10-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Saw a +1 charisma tomb pulled from the level 10 FTP raid: "The Tempest Spine." So they're not thaat far off.