PDA

View Full Version : NO to scallywags, yes to overlooked standards

Aeneas
10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I would much rather see a couple hats added for halloween that are glaring omissions IMHO, than another pirate hat.

We need the cone shaped wizard hat and the cone shaped with a large brim witch hat added way more than we need another pirate bandanna.

Thoughts?

EDIT: An Eddie Munster haircut would also be rock solid.

cdbd3rd
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I would much rather see a couple hats added for halloween that are glaring omissions IMHO, than another pirate hat.

We need the cone shaped wizard hat and the cone shaped with a large brim witch hat added way more than we need another pirate bandanna.

Thoughts?

Ah, yes, this is the discussion I been hunting for. :)

I'm one of those little NO votes.

You hit it dead on in your OP. Something different and holiday appropriate would be the way to go with it.

Tharlak
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
/No to pirates.

/yes to Witches!!!

/Yes also, to hot little Nurse or French Maid outfits. Come on, make some sexy armor.

Elsbet
Definitely holiday appropriate. I said no as well.

I want a witch's hat. Actually, I want four of them--one for each of the girls.

Zenako
More of the wicker Lampshades...

Had one member of an old guild I was in who actively sought to make ALL his headgear that model. He NEVER went /showhelmet off...:D:D

He was always trying to be BIG Trouble in Little Stormreach....:)

Aeneas
10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Come on peeps, be heard! Don't let them pass off a previously used skin as something new and exciting for halloween!!!

Superspeed_Hi5
10-20-2009, 11:58 AM
/No to pirates.

/yes to Witches!!!

/Yes also, to hot little Nurse or French Maid outfits. Come on, make some sexy armor.

I know a guy that can makea chainmail bikini. In RL though. If he can do that in about a month I think the devs can make some sexy armor as quick.

THAC0
10-20-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah. I posted this about the same time you did. :)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=208709

Bradik_Losdar
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Thoughts?

Agreed 100%

Classic wizard and witches hats would rock!!!

TheSwamper
10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I know a guy that can makea chainmail bikini. In RL though. If he can do that in about a month I think the devs can make some sexy armor as quick.

Ummm, ouch? Pinch much?

goom
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Hats?! Scythes.

JakLee7
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I think it would be a very good idea to have a few items, most MMO's do at least SOMETHING special for some holidays...

how about things like:

*Pumpkin Helmet & Sheild (jack head, pumpkin color sheild with pumpkin striping)
*Headless hat (when you have /showhelmet on you have no head)
*Flaming Pumpkin throwing weapon (bludgeon +fire throwning weapon, non-returning)
*Temporary /dance3 that does thriller dance
*Costume Robes that have no effect except change you to look like a monster in game (troll, ogre, gnoll, kobold, ect) and to make it even easier, you can have it where as soon as you attack it *turns off* and shows you in a standard robe.
*Succubi/Archon costumes

Mockduck
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes! Wizard/Witch hats, how about using the tech from the what-were-they-called, the exploding, flashy undead-hurting things from a year ago or whatever. Make them pumpkins!

Zenako
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I think it would be a very good idea to have a few items, most MMO's do at least SOMETHING special for some holidays...

how about things like:
*Succubi/Archon costumes

ooooooooo:)

Missing_Minds
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
More of the wicker Lampshades...

How about actual round coolies instead of the square ones.

KoboldKiller
10-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I say no to all of it. Halloween is a pagan holiday that should be shunned by all. This unholy night should not be celebrated in game with any hats or other items.

On second thought this would work.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-HSykkBjPbY/SQvUv1NU5mI/AAAAAAAAAaE/8vJ23BZa0Hw/s400/Sexy_witch.jpg

Minor_Threat
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
at the very least, sheets of ghostliness.
http://haleysjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/halloween-charlie-550x366.gif

Missing_Minds
10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
You'd think we could get horns at least. I mean they did it to humans to make tieflings. (or so it looks)

Tharlak
10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I say no to all of it. Halloween is a pagan holiday that should be shunned by all. This unholy night should not be celebrated in game with any hats or other items.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-HSykkBjPbY/SQvUv1NU5mI/AAAAAAAAAaE/8vJ23BZa0Hw/s400/Sexy_witch.jpg

I'd bust out some turbine points for that!

uhgungawa
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM

Ummm, ouch? Pinch much?

Picts stolen from Disavowed, so he might have that info :rolleyes:
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/ericmazzola/Picture213.jpg?t=1238793845
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/ericmazzola/Picture215.jpg?t=1238793900

Myrddinman
10-20-2009, 05:34 PM
at the very least, sheets of ghostliness.
http://haleysjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/halloween-charlie-550x366.gif

/signed

LOL. How funny. Before we were able to giveaway loot inside chests and everyone was talking about the cool things they pulled, I was the one that always said, "I got a rock."

Myrddinman
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey Folks, right now the bandanna is winning. Don't let it happen. It really can't be that difficult to do something fun for the weekend. Hell, I'd even go for everyone walking around with a light trick'or'treat bag in their off hand ;)

Devs, remember all of the positive feedback win you guys blew-up Lam after Beta? We are craving the fun stuff!

Twerpp
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Picts stolen from Disavowed, so he might have that info :rolleyes:
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/ericmazzola/Picture213.jpg?t=1238793845
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/ericmazzola/Picture215.jpg?t=1238793900

I dont know about the hats but I like where this thread is going.

Ranmaru2
10-20-2009, 06:22 PM

So are Christmas and Easter.

Anyway, I approve of the OP, we need more halloween based items. We have a form of Christmas, why not halloween?

KoboldKiller
10-20-2009, 06:25 PM
So are Christmas and Easter.

Anyway, I approve of the OP, we need more halloween based items. We have a form of Christmas, why not halloween?

Umm in case you missed it, my post was in jest hence the picture I posted.

Ranmaru2
10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Umm in case you missed it, my post was in jest hence the picture I posted.

I know, I just thought you should have completed it with including those two with appropriate pictures to boot :D

KoboldKiller
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I know, I just thought you should have completed it with including those two with appropriate pictures to boot :D
Oh well in that case

http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sexy-santa-2008.jpg

http://www.fineten.com/uploads/sexy-easter-bunny-1.jpg

Bradik_Losdar
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM

I want that...........hat.

thegreatcthulhu
10-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Cthulhu is perturbed that they have not offered costumes (all that which have some nominal stat bonus, as in some other MMORPG game *coughRequiemcough*) that let you assume the likenesses of the following:

- Iron Golem
- Skeleton Fighter
- Skeleton Magus
- Lich
- Vampire
- Bugbear
- Fire Reaver
- Astronaut
- Slime/Ooze/Jelly
- Fire Man
- Black Abbot
- Mummy
- Kobold Shaman
- Dread Zombie
- Wraith
- Wight High Priest
- Blackheart Troll
- Earth Elemental

... among others....

... oh, and a Giant Winged Green Mind Flayer would be very nice as well, yes.

Brahmina
10-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Definitely holiday appropriate. I said no as well.

I want a witch's hat. Actually, I want four of them--one for each of the girls.

Oooo ya! Ones that give +4 to black defensive fog. And silver high heels!

:)

Elsbet
10-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Oooo ya! Ones that give +4 to black defensive fog. And silver high heels!

Witch's hats only go well with thigh high black patent leather boots.

*sigh* Must be a guy... Doesn't know a thing about accessorizing...

cdbd3rd
10-21-2009, 07:40 AM
The only reason I see why the Scally caps are winning it the phrasing of the question. It basically asks whether to have the caps, or nothing.
Hopefully, we're being watched and the artsy guy/gal with the fancy pens will take some time to throw us a bone. Or a hat. Or two. :D

Also, as an addition to the 'costume' siderail... (not really a derail, just kinduv off to
one side of the topic.) ;).....from GenCon 08: chainmail bikini (http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/con08e2.jpg)

Tolero
10-21-2009, 10:14 AM
So I'm going to assume that you all think the pirate hat is the only thing coming? We originally weren't going to include it in the mix, but thought people who missed out on pirate day might appreciate a second crack at it.

cardmj1
10-21-2009, 10:19 AM
So I'm going to assume that you all think the pirate hat is the only thing coming? We originally weren't going to include it in the mix, but thought people who missed out on pirate day might appreciate a second crack at it.

Thank you Tolero!

KoboldKiller
10-21-2009, 10:21 AM

Come on T you know us better than that. If your vague we will jump all over it. Now if you guys had said "in addition too other in game items" then this thread wouldn't have happened. :D

Tolero
10-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Come on T you know us better than that. If your vague we will jump all over it. Now if you guys had said "in addition too other in game items" then this thread wouldn't have happened. :D

It's a brave new world. Quartermaster C and crew have been working hard to find more fun festive things to put out there for the holidays :) Remember all those threads where people said "oh I wish there was XYZ for such-and-such day"? (Ok you might not, but I do). We have a lot better capabilities to do so now. Incidentally if you have other occasions of the year, lore specific or otherwise, that you'd love to see some extra fun for, please feel free to let us know! We're actively mapping out the fun - I have a stockpile of player suggestions from over time, but new ones never hurt anything ^^

THAC0
10-21-2009, 10:39 AM
It's a brave new world. Quartermaster C and crew have been working hard to find more fun festive things to put out there for the holidays :) Remember all those threads where people said "oh I wish there was XYZ for such-and-such day"? (Ok you might not, but I do). We have a lot better capabilities to do so now. Incidentally if you have other occasions of the year, lore specific or otherwise, that you'd love to see some extra fun for, please feel free to let us know! We're actively mapping out the fun - I have a stockpile of player suggestions from over time, but new ones never hurt anything ^^

Ok. I'll admit the way I read it was that...it was the item for Halloween. Yes, Q's message was vague in the sense that it didn't say 'we thought we may put this out there again along with other secret special stuff.... blah blah blah'

So.. with that said, I'll happily wait for this Treat from the Devs.

KoboldKiller
10-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Thanks. :D

Psyk0sisS
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM

My birthday is July 13th (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=191341)...please make a note of it and I look forward to personal recognition day in DDO. Thanks :)

As a side note, I play mostly Rogues, so any type of "trickster" day or whatever would be cool with me ;)

Tolero
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
My birthday is July 13th...please make a note of it and I look forward to personal recognition day in DDO. Thanks :)

As a side note, I play mostly Rogues, so any type of "trickster" day or whatever would be cool with me ;)

You know............. if there is a way to have something cool happen to you in game based on your birthday, I think that'd be pretty sweet actually ^^ we still have the emails that go out, but I'll poke and see if there's something even cooler that could be done. Fun is fun ^^

Baervan
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM

If you're going to add the pirate bandana again Tolero make more than one version this time so the people who need over +10 haggle can enjoy it as well.

I like the idea of the Wizard/Witch hats and a Nurse hat would be a riot. :)

sephiroth1084
10-21-2009, 11:06 AM
You know............. if there is a way to have something cool happen to you in game based on your birthday, I think that'd be pretty sweet actually ^^ we still have the emails that go out, but I'll poke and see if there's something even cooler that could be done. Fun is fun ^^

I say you have tasty ham rain down upon players whenever they log on if its their birthday!

Trillea
10-21-2009, 11:11 AM

How about having the upper planes stop receding and give us our True Ress clickies back?

cdbd3rd
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Oh....

Well, that's very different.

Nevermind.

:p

Yeah, if it's in addition to other stuff, absolutely am okay with it being up for grabs again.

BattleCircle
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM

Ooooooo.

I wanna pet Succubus for my birthday :D

Eelpout
10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I know it isn't for everyone, but I kind of like some of the fluff over at LOTRO that I have run across. The Troves and Trickery game, unlocking different dance emotes, playing games for barter items to turn in. I think that kind of stuff, with more festivals added, would be nice for those people looking for more roleplaying options and an overall more immersive world.

I realize that quests are king here, along with more races and classes, but it doesn't hurt to mix in the fluff and round out the game world as time permits.

Cheers

Xenus_Paradox
10-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I would KILL to have the Lucky Hat available. Been lusting for one since I saw it in the Pretty Princess thread on the Llama forums.

ahpook
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Might I suggest, rather than selling pirate hats and witches hats you sell refabrications of helms. So you take what ever helm you have and get it redesigned into a pirate hat or a witches hat. You will sell a boatload more of them because they will be usable in quests. Not many people are going to buy a hat just to wear in town but if I can make my minos legens into a different design I certainly would.

As an added bonus this type of store item has no impact on gameplay because you still have to find or grind the helmet you want to wear.

jakeelala
10-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Might I suggest, rather than selling pirate hats and witches hats you sell refabrications of helms. So you take what ever helm you have and get it redesigned into a pirate hat or a witches hat. You will sell a boatload more of them because they will be usable in quests. Not many people are going to buy a hat just to wear in town but if I can make my minos legens into a different design I certainly would.

As an added bonus this type of store item has no impact on gameplay because you still have to find or grind the helmet you want to wear.

Yes! Please! I would never spend real money on a useless in game item just because it's funny.

I would pay for redesign of things I wear, for sure.

Ranmaru2
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I would gladly pay 400 Turbine Points per toon in Dragontouched fullplate if I could turn the skin to the Dwarven Blackguard armor from Relic for halloween and then keep the plate with that skin! PLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE :D

On this, if something does happen I would say it would have to be subtle unless otherwise notified in email by each player, as some people would rather not have people knowing their birthday. Perhaps send the happy birthday notice a week in advance and ask them if they want anything special to happen?

Tolero
10-21-2009, 01:24 PM
On this, if something does happen I would say it would have to be subtle unless otherwise notified in email by each player, as some people would rather not have people knowing their birthday. Perhaps send the happy birthday notice a week in advance and ask them if they want anything special to happen?

Yeah I could see going that route. On a completely non-sequitor note, I just updated my status update on my.ddo (http://my.ddo.com/tolero/) with something tasty ^^ and it's not broccoli or ham for a change mwuhahaha!

Sirea
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM

It's great that you guys are trying to come up with ideas like this, but please consider having some way we can earn these items in-game as opposed to just buying them in the DDO Store. Thanks :)

sirgog
10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
How about a greensteel wizard's hat?

Brahmina
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Witch's hats only go well with thigh high black patent leather boots.

*sigh* Must be a guy... Doesn't know a thing about accessorizing...

No, not a guy but I do have silver highs. Patent leather, thigh high boots or patent leather, skin-tight black pants I thought were too cliche.

Dark_Helmet
10-21-2009, 09:18 PM

...for a small fee from the store of course :rolleyes:

Quanefel
10-22-2009, 12:32 AM
When are we going to get Tolero and Tarrant plushies in the game store? O.o

Shazzie
10-22-2009, 03:40 AM

My birthday was Sunday. If there's anything cooler than emails (err, what do you mean about 'the emails that go out', anyway? are you supposed to get one on your birthday?), can I have a belated-birthday something-cooler? Not that my birthday was terrible. My Rogue did get a nice reward out of Reaver, so I can't complain.

Oooh... an xp potion or some such would be a nice birthday gift idea for future use, just considering what's available right now.

I was really hoping the influx of players and DDO Store users would bring various goodies to the players. I remember how the first Booster Pack in CoH was able to give the team there a big boost in what they were able to do, so I was really hoping the team here would feel the flush and be able to do some extra stuff. :)

Healemup
10-22-2009, 11:09 AM
It's great that you guys are trying to come up with ideas like this, but please consider having some way we can earn these items in-game as opposed to just buying them in the DDO Store. Thanks :)

Sure, tokens will be made available in the DDO Store so you can register for the event to earn it... :D

KoboldKiller
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
No, not a guy but I do have silver highs. Patent leather, thigh high boots or patent leather, skin-tight black pants I thought were too cliche.

Cliche or classic? I vote classic. :D

Lorien_the_First_One
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
How about a greensteel wizard's hat?

Naw, the current GS helm is far cooler and more halloweenish :p

cdbd3rd
10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
When are we going to get Tolero and Tarrant plushies in the game store? O.o

/Is so tempted to turn that into a request for blow-up dolls of....

:D

spyderwolf
10-22-2009, 06:16 PM
on your birthday you should get your choice of any 1 piece of raid loot. (1 per account) since it only happens once a year, i dont see how this would be gamebreaking at all.

your birthday, they mail you an in game token to the toon with yoru highest favor. (bound to account so you can put it on whichever toon you want) you go to the end reward giver of whichever raid you want the itme from and it gives you an end reward list with every item and all 6 tomes of the highest + that drop in that particular raid.

so once a year you get something you really want. nice bday gift.

Saaluta
10-23-2009, 08:42 AM
on your birthday you should get your choice of any 1 piece of raid loot. (1 per account) since it only happens once a year, i dont see how this would be gamebreaking at all.

your birthday, they mail you an in game token to the toon with yoru highest favor. (bound to account so you can put it on whichever toon you want) you go to the end reward giver of whichever raid you want the itme from and it gives you an end reward list with every item and all 6 tomes of the highest + that drop in that particular raid.

so once a year you get something you really want. nice bday gift.

ROFL Spyder, when was the last birthday you got something you really wanted. I think I was still a teenager when that last happened...and I'm in my mid-30's now :)

Saal :)

Shamurai
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
ROFL Spyder, when was the last birthday you got something you really wanted. I think I was still a teenager when that last happened...and I'm in my mid-30's now :)

Saal :)

Amen! 4 Kids you think one would know what I want.. well they did make me breakfast in bed, slightly burnt toast and waffles... was a valiant effort!

~ Re: Chainmaille Bikini's I make chainmaille jewelry and such, but haven't make the bikni till I find a GF who will wear one. They have linings that help with the heat transfer and pinching so it' all good.

One thing I like about armor in DDO vs RS (my former MMORPG) is that not every single stinking piece of girl armor shows a bare midriff...I"m not opposed to that being a toggle option or something though. What would be cool is a "dying" shop that could alter the colors of currently worn armor so I could have it match my emeral green eyes or something like that.,,, or ooooh that let me put "stickers" on it.. could be guild logos.. or a cool Hello Kitty sticker on my Uber SkullMask of I will Own You +3

of an I <3 Mom tattoo for the Barbarian Raider in you!

KoboldKiller
10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
I get what I want every year for my birthday. Another day with you wonderful people. :D

cdbd3rd
10-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I get what I want every year for my birthday. Another day with you wonderful people. :D

Hitting the weekend bong a little early, are we KK?

:p

Deusxmachina
10-24-2009, 02:21 AM
We need the cone shaped wizard hat and the cone shaped with a large brim witch hat.

I want a witch's hat.

Yes, pointy hats would be good.

I put on my robe and wizard hat....