PDA

View Full Version : Logitech usb desktop microphone.

aureuscrush
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Would anyone know how to boost the range? It works fine with other programs, just with DDO it doesn't. I can't get the mic test to register without deepthroating it practically. (Exageration, but I have to be right up close to it, like less than an inch) and when I am it's too loud (has only used the mic testing) yelling doesn't help either. http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=30068472 is the mic.
Anyone have any ideas?
Or would this be better in technical difficulties thread?

Fortano
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I have the same issue with my desktop mic. Works fine with other programs like Ventrillo, but seems not very sensitive with DDO.

ArgentMage
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Make sure you have the Mic Gain setting cranked all the way up.
And you can also try pushing the threshold way down, but only if you're using Push To Talk.

Clement
10-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Your Logitech USB device probably has a separate volume control from the system default, at least my Logitech USB headset does.

To access go to Control Panel, then "Sounds and Audio Devices". You'll note that the Volume control specifies your system default at this pont, not your Logitech device.

Go to the Audio page, and change the device selection to Logitech. In the Sound recording section click the volume button. Boost it.

Do the same with the Sound playback section if you need to.

You may have the check box option to put the Logitech volume control on your tool bar.

After you've done this you'll probably be able to use the system volume control to adjust your Logitech device, until you disconnect it.

Your device will probably have to be plugged in to access the controls, and you may have to reset them when you disconnect your device. I don't usually have to do so, but about once per week, seemingly randomly, I have to go back to the controls and reset them from their default 50% mark to 100% volume.

tazman
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
i have the head phones and i love it. make shure you hit the boost for your mic. i like the head set the most when gaming i can have all the games sounds come out of my comp. speakers and only voice go through the head set.
so it makes it better to hear everyone.