PDA

View Full Version : what is this "reincarnation" that people are talking about?

Aalric
10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Title says it all - what is this "reincarnation" that people are talking about? could someone please clarify?

Visty
10-19-2009, 02:16 PM
that is something coming in mod10
there are 3 version:
lesser reincarnation: lets you change starting stats, lvlup stats, feats, skills, enhancements
greater reinc: same as lesser but you can upgrade to 32pt if youre a 28pt
true reinc: basicly a total reroll with more xp needed but 2 more buildpoints at start

in each version you keep your gear and besided the true one you also keep your used tomes

Aalric
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
can you change your starting class?

reason i ask is that I have a tempest ranger who took a 1st lvl of rogue. Now atm i don't regret it because i have no capstone to look forward to at lvl 20 - but if a really good capstone was introduced, i might feel like kicking myself for taking that 1st lvl in rogue

SEMPER
10-19-2009, 02:27 PM
can you change your starting class?

reason i ask is that I have a tempest ranger who took a 1st lvl of rogue. Now atm i don't regret it because i have no capstone to look forward to at lvl 20 - but if a really good capstone was introduced, i might feel like kicking myself for taking that 1st lvl in rogue

for now the only one u can change classes with is the True reincarnation , which starts u over at lvl 1 and a 34 point build

Talcyndl
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
for now the only one u can change classes with is the True reincarnation , which starts u over at lvl 1 and a 34 point build

Right...True Reincarnation is simply a reroll with higher starting stats, larger character models and more XP required to level (the past life feats that I've seen are uniformly not worth a feat slot, so ... ).

Oh, and you can also get a 36 point build from a second (and final) True Reincarnation.

Aalric
10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
hold on - let me see if i understand this right. in true reincarnation you reroll your character, start again from lvl 1 & it takes more exp to lvl for the tradeoff of having more points at character creation (32 or 34 vs the usual 28)?

I'm not sure if this is really worth it (think about it - if you decided to put 6 extra points in your primary statistic, you might only raise it from 16 to 18 (or 18 to 20 if you are a demi-human). Of course you could put it in a dump stat but is that worth the pain?)

Baltire
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Here is the best answer anyone could give to this question.

Go to the Lamannia Forums and read through some threads.

You are only going to get snipets from people in this thread, you will get almost everything you need in the Lamannia threads.

Durion
10-19-2009, 03:03 PM
hold on - let me see if i understand this right. in true reincarnation you reroll your character, start again from lvl 1 & it takes more exp to lvl for the tradeoff of having more points at character creation (32 or 34 vs the usual 28)?

I'm not sure if this is really worth it (think about it - if you decided to put 6 extra points in your primary statistic, you might only raise it from 16 to 18 (or 18 to 20 if you are a demi-human). Of course you could put it in a dump stat but is that worth the pain?)

Ahh but there are those out there this is going to benefit. Take me for example, I have a 28 pt build that I love to play, its my original toon. I've acquired alot of raid loot over the past 3 years and now I can reroll him to a 34 pt build and still get to enjoy running him. I have killed many toons over the years but I just couldn't let him be one, and now I'm finally getting a payoff for not doing so. On top of the stat bonus, we get to keep all our gear that we've grinded for to acquire, so anyone that has a toon that needs tweeked and alot of raid gear they don't want to grind after again get the benefit of rerolling without the grind. :D

falcon2030
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Here is the best answer anyone could give to this question.

Go to the Lamannia Forums and read through some threads.

You are only going to get snipets from people in this thread, you will get almost everything you need in the Lamannia threads.

... but if they're not a beta tester do they get access to the lamania forum? (I'm not sure and just askin :) )

enochiancub
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
It's a feature of Update: 1, check out the Lamania forums for more info. Or heck, test it out yourself by hopping on Lamania and participating in the playtest.

Baltire
10-19-2009, 03:13 PM
... but if they're not a beta tester do they get access to the lamania forum? (I'm not sure and just askin :) )

Lamannia should be open to anyone who (I think this is correct) is Pay to Play or Premium, just need to download it.

And, unless I'm wrong here too, it really only should be discussed on those forums until the release notes are released on the regular forums.

Jonny_D
10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
the cart is being put before the horse.

the various reincarnation opions are on the lammania, but no dev has said it will be included in the next update.

Heffty_Smurf
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Title says it all - what is this "reincarnation" that people are talking about? could someone please clarify?

Hi welcome!

Ulurjah
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM

the various reincarnation opions are on the lammania, but no dev has said it will be included in the next update.

They're currently doing an update 1 "preview" on Lamannia. The reincarnations are a part of the preview. Seems like an acceptable bit of logic to tie the two together, no?

Letrii
10-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Slight correction, you can do True Reincarnation more than twice, but won't get extra build points after second time.

Jonny_D
10-19-2009, 11:57 PM
They're currently doing an update 1 "preview" on Lamannia. The reincarnations are a part of the preview. Seems like an acceptable bit of logic to tie the two together, no?

since its totally messed up causing people to lose favor, exp and gear, there is a strong chance it will not be included

Letrii
10-20-2009, 12:06 AM
since its totally messed up causing people to lose favor, exp and gear, there is a strong chance it will not be included

Wasn't most of that from issues with toons that were copied over and not natively leveled toons?

Jonny_D
10-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Wasn't most of that from issues with toons that were copied over and not natively leveled toons?

toons that have transfered servers and have a -1... there are enough that if it isnt fixed it shouldnt go live

FluffyCalico
10-20-2009, 01:58 AM

Check your lama land spash screen lol

Here is a link to it

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=208606

Jonny_D
10-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Check your lama land spash screen lol

Here is a link to it

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=208606

i know what it says, but if it doesnt work, which it isnt doing yet, then they wont release it. They would be foolish if they release character breaking effects, and they would be more foolish to delay releasing new playable content in order to wait for rrespec to be fixed.:rolleyes:

FluffyCalico
10-20-2009, 02:47 AM
i know what it says, but if it doesnt work, which it isnt doing yet, then they wont release it. They would be foolish if they release character breaking effects,

Is there a raid live that for the last 6 weeks has been breaking crafted items permamently? yes or no?

Aalric
10-20-2009, 05:18 AM
so will reincarnation only be free for vip's/ & the rest of us have to spend turbine points for it?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
so will reincarnation only be free for vip's/ & the rest of us have to spend turbine points for it?

You know you COULD read the stickied threads that have all the details in the first post... but I know reading is hard.

enochiancub
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh Lorien, don't be silly. That would be both sensible and all too easy. Better to just have others do the work for you.