PDA

View Full Version : Forget Store Sales, More Live Events Please!

Sirea
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Having sales in the DDO Store to celebrate holidays are all well and good and I'm sure it makes Turbine a ton of money and all, but they leave me feeling somewhat empty.

What about more actual events for those who don't want to base their fun on what the hot new deal is on the in-game store? Special item drops? Things like the Degenev Brothers show, but holiday themed? Devs dropping hams and cubes and things like that from the sky like they did on Lamannia? Perch a dragon on the market tent or something! Give the NPCs funny hats or masks to wear. Anything!

I'm kind of sick of "fun" being based on how much money you can spend in the DDO Store. If I wanted to spend real money on a holiday, I'd go out to the bar or the mall or something. When I first saw "Wildnight" advertised on the forums I thought it sounded really cool, until I realized it was something made up just to get people to buy stuff.

Yeah yeah I know, if I don't like the way they do things, I don't have to participate, blah blah blah. I just wish they'd balance out the store with something in-game for those that don't want to pay for points or can't afford them, or just don't have the time to devote to grinding favor.