PDA

View Full Version : Raid Loot assignment ideas

TheJusticar
10-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Ideas to change raid loot re-assignment.

Preface: I'm suggesting this having been on both ends of the deal. A couple times I won the roll for a piece of loot, the person mistakenly assigns the loot to someone else who's not even in the instance anymore. And I know there hasn't been bad blood or deauchebaggery just fat-fingering or accidental. Recently I was the one giving my raid loot away for roll. I saw the winner and when I was gonna assign him my loot, dunno if it was my mouse or lag or what but I selected the wrong person. The other person was already out of the instance. Obviously the other person was p!ssed (understandably so). And I felt like a deauche. Now, knowing how many loot-related meltdown dramas there have been, it would seem that a more practical and less error prone way to re-assign raid loot should be devised.

Idea#1: Remove people who have left the instance from the loot re-assignment list. That way it minimizes the chance of fat-fingering it.

Idea#2: After raid is complete and all chests have been open allow re-entering the quest (though don't know how practical this would be for a raid like Vod/Hound).

Idea#3: Instead of a crummy drop-down list, make it a dialog that pops up when you hit the re-assign loot button. In the dialog box have either radio buttons or mutex checkboxes with an "Assign" button at the bottom to confirm.

Feel free to add your own ideas/comments.

Godspeed.

Angelus_dead
10-18-2009, 10:47 AM
If the owner of an item leaves a non-reenterable instance, it should be randomly given a new owner among players still inside.

TheJusticar
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM
If the owner of an item leaves a non-reenterable instance, it should be randomly given a new owner among players still inside.

That would be a good idea. Additionally, if you assign loot to someone who's out of the instance you could get the item back or better give you an error like the one when you send mail to a non-existent character. Something along the lines "The person who you are trying to assign this item is no longer in the instance. Please try again"

Godspeed.

sirgog
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Not a solution but a workaround.

The most common cause of wasting raid loot is someone dropping group while you are in the middle of transferring it, which causes the game to instantly change the position of the other party members in your transferring UI.

You can avoid accidents by waiting a few minutes after the raid completion, so that everyone except you and the winner of the /roll has left the instance.

I only do this when giving away the most powerful raid drops. If it's something like Cloudburst, I don't - but if we are talking Madstone Boots or Chattering Ring, I'll definitely do this.

JOTMON
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Its been brought up in posts from the past, but still a valid request.

I've seen the same thing in a VOD run, loot got shifted to someone who had alredy left the instance so the winner of the roll was not very happy.

I agree with Angelus, randomly redistribute loot to people left in the instance when people leave.
(excluding temporary DC's)

It is a simple thing in my mind, if you leave and drop group the loot left in any chests in the instance is randomly redistributed to those that are left and so on.

Another method I like would be to have everything left from those that leave go to the leader of the party. That way whoever the leader is for the group at the time those people left would get all the loot and be able to redistribute accordingly until he/she left.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I agree with Angelus, randomly redistribute loot to people left in the instance when people leave.
(excluding temporary DC's).

Agreed, this makes the most sense.