PDA

View Full Version : Name, Gender, and Alignment Change?

Averla
10-18-2009, 05:57 AM
When you reincarnate...

Can you change your name?

Can you change your gender?

Can you change your alignment?

Visty
10-18-2009, 05:59 AM
no
dunno
no for lesser and greater, yes for true

Averla
10-18-2009, 06:04 AM
no
dunno
no for lesser and greater, yes for true

Thanks Visty -im trying to parse all the posts now - lots of cool options to choose from.

atkbeast
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Gender change is also a no according to the release notes under Introducing Reincarnation.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066&highlight=32+build

Furbitor
10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
When you reincarnate...

Can you change your name?

Can you change your gender?

Can you change your alignment?

They wont aloow it because it would be a mile long wait at the local smithy with all those dwarven smiths wailing away on male WFs with sledgehammers trying to give them curves and hips!

Dylos_Moon
10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
If you want to change your name, its a premium service (http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/premium-services)

You cannot change your gender, ever, at this point in time.

Only True Reincarnation supports Alignment Shifts.

LookingForABentoBox
10-31-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm sure a lot of players would be happy if the devs added a way to change your alignment, I picked chaotic good on my drow sorceress and it gave me nothing but the fantastic ability to take extra damage from demon swords ;_;

spyyder976
10-31-2009, 08:15 PM
It allows you to also use chaotic and good weapons without UMD'ing them...

LookingForABentoBox
11-01-2009, 06:51 AM
It allows you to also use chaotic and good weapons without UMD'ing them...

What good is that to a sorceress?

Maegin
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Better than nothing?

lawl my lawful neutral monk is boned too, so i feel yur pain

Chaosprism
11-02-2009, 06:53 AM
ALignment shifts are something that FRED should be able to do actually.

WITHOUT a resurection..

Alignment in PnP is much more fluid.

The only things you have to watch is

Barbarians or bards becoming lawful.
Paladins becoming NON- lawful good.
Monks becoming non-lawful.

Everything else SHOULD be able to be changed pretty easily, maybe with siberys stones like change of feat.

Schwarzie
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I agree. Not changing the alignement is something which costs me right now a lv 9 Fighter/ 2 Rogue. He is lawful so i cannot splash in barbarian. -> i can only reroll him, but definitely wont do that since i hate grind.

Changing an Alignement should be something normal in contrast to changing feats.

And there should be an Reincarnationoption to change class levels WITHOUT grinding it all again up to lv 20, this time even with a huge xp penalty.

tc12
11-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Since there's another Heart item for reincarnates, I think a "Heart of Change" should be the item you can acquire and take to an NPC to change your alignment to any other alignment supported by the current class(es) you have. Simple way to de-couple alignment from other changes. Do it before reincarnate as a separate transaction if you need, or do it just to take a new class you couldn't have multi'd into before. (Such as picking a non-lawful alignment many modules before Monk was ever even discussed...)

TC

(Get it? You've had a 'change of heart' about how you live your life...)

Serverdown
11-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Changing things like Feats, Alignment and other character altering events should be a heavy expense, whether it is money, time, or items. The more things they add in to prevent people from having to reroll, the more it takes away from simply rolling a good character. I understand that they implement changes that drastically change the coarse of the game, however, a lot of the things are broken and are going to be fixed eventually. (IE death of the batman build with FP evasion fix.) So if you knowingly choose to roll a character based on a current flawed mechanic of the game, that's fine, just be aware that someday that super build is going to be less useful.

I will be the first to admit that I can't wait til the true res. The current character I play the most is an old 28 point build (pre-mod1) that I'm simply too stubborn to reroll without true res. I know the mistakes I made when making him the first time and he will come out much stronger when I am done with him this time.

Maegin
11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Wish you could redo gender. Made my first 28 pnt toon off the old video of the female-bard thing cause I thought it looked cool at first, now I just feel wierd lol =/