10-18-2009, 12:21 AM
grats jond, truly an item fitting for your builds :) j/k good pull man

Jonny_D
10-18-2009, 12:42 AM
will trade for planar gird :eek:

Natashaelle
10-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Not too shabby ..

Isn't really "Epic" per se, I mean enhancement is still below +6 ;) , but is definitely an example of the kinds or random loot gear I was hoping there would be more of in Mod *9* but didn't really materialise :D

Inspire
10-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Its +12 quality?!... that means it can be crunched into a High Energy Cell!

Lufia
10-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Grats on the level 20 weapon loot!

P.S.

So what your trying to say is there is that 0.0001% chance I'll loot a +5 Holy burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Evil outsider bane? :P

Jonny_D
10-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Grats on the level 20 weapon loot!

P.S.

So what your trying to say is there is that 0.0001% chance I'll loot a +5 Holy burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Evil outsider bane? :P

exactly:D

Shade
10-18-2009, 02:40 AM
mm yea thats not epic. nor the first lvl20 wep.

Epic = +6 or higher enhancement.

Level20 weapons can already be looted on live, in Tower of Despair elite. Infact we found a lvl20 RR weapon on khyber recently... Which could be considered almost epic too, as it was like +5 vorpal of backstab +4.. So +9 on sneaks, and lvl22 if it wasnt RR... Still not epic either, but nice to see lvl20 weapons.

Letrii
10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
mm yea thats not epic. nor the first lvl20 wep.

Epic = +6 or higher enhancement.

Level20 weapons can already be looted on live, in Tower of Despair elite. Infact we found a lvl20 RR weapon on khyber recently... Which could be considered almost epic too, as it was like +5 vorpal of backstab +4.. So +9 on sneaks, and lvl22 if it wasnt RR... Still not epic either, but nice to see lvl20 weapons.

+6 ehancement or total of enhancement and effects is over +10 means epic.

wemery73
10-18-2009, 04:14 AM
all i know is if i pull a +5 Holy burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Evil outsider bane my wife better have 911 on speed dial ...roflol...

Visty
10-18-2009, 05:09 AM

then its neither epic, cause there were +14 items in mod6 already as caster effects make a very high +

Shade
10-18-2009, 05:25 AM

That would mean we've had epic items since about module4/5.

Hell raidloot from mod1/2 has effects that add up to over +10. There's not very epic tho.

Quote DnD rules all you want. They don't apply.

Turbine decides what's epic in this case.

And they will be limited to upgraded desert items.

It would be cool if the epic raid had a chance to drop already upgraded version of the raidloot tho at a very low chance, along with old version. Hopefully has +4 tomes also.

Aspenor
10-18-2009, 01:26 PM
That would mean we've had epic items since about module4/5.

Hell raidloot from mod1/2 has effects that add up to over +10. There's not very epic tho.

Quote DnD rules all you want. They don't apply.

Turbine decides what's epic in this case.

And they will be limited to upgraded desert items.

It would be cool if the epic raid had a chance to drop already upgraded version of the raidloot tho at a very low chance, along with old version. Hopefully has +4 tomes also.

J$'s Post---------->

...__________
. /................\
.|...0.......0....|
.|..................|
..\....____....../
...\_________/ <----Your head

Junts
10-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Not too shabby ..

Isn't really "Epic" per se, I mean enhancement is still below +6 ;) , but is definitely an example of the kinds or random loot gear I was hoping there would be more of in Mod *9* but didn't really materialise :D

Items of this level can drop and be recieved as end rewards from tower of despair, what're you talking about?

Oolung
10-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Its +12 quality?!... that means it can be crunched into a High Energy Cell!

accually I believe that gives a "the machine rumbles as you get socked in the gut by a powerful buffet of energy" error thing

Beherit_Baphomar
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Items of this level can drop and be recieved as end rewards from tower of despair, what're you talking about?

What you talkin' 'bout? Items of this QUALITY have been dropping since Waterworks.

"why you not looting that B?"
"can't be bothered"
"what? Just hit 'loot all' what you mean can't be bothered?"
"can't be bothered man. Too much work to hit my left mouse button"

mediocresurgeon
10-19-2009, 01:04 AM
It isn't Epic. Check the damage types.

Shade
10-19-2009, 01:23 AM
It isn't Epic. Check the damage types.

Heh that doesn't clarify it.

As desert weapons upgraded into epic versions also do not list epic in the damage types.

FluffyCalico
10-19-2009, 01:35 AM
As desert weapons upgraded into epic versions also do not list epic in the damage types.

Desert weapons upgraded to epic versions are not epic either. As they have already clarified that they will NOT break epic DR even being +7s which should.

IE there are no epic weapons next mod, just some that are being called epic.

mediocresurgeon
10-19-2009, 01:38 AM

Oh. Is this an oversight? (If we cannot pierce X/Epic DR, why not just make it X/- DR?)

FluffyCalico
10-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Oh. Is this an oversight? (If we cannot pierce X/Epic DR, why not just make it X/- DR?)

Nope it was confired that they will NOT break epic DR and that its NOT a mistake as they want to keep epic dr special. But that something may come in the future that will break epic DR. Just not these.

Shade
10-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Well for now the only things in the game that get epic DR are lvl20 monks, and paragon kobolds in the shroud and enter the kobold.

Being monks are easy to kill in pvp, and kobolds are weak with only 5-10 DR.. Not sure anyone cares either way.

Interestingly, no monsters in the new epic mode have epic DR.

Gleep_Wurp
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
that weapon is a piece of dung

GATORZ
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
My haggle bot will get pretty pennies for all those I'm gonna sell

jakeelala
10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
My haggle bot will get pretty pennies for all those I'm gonna sell

PRETTY PENNIEZ for my FRIENZIES!

Jonny_D
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
that weapon is a piece of dung

really?:rolleyes:

mediocresurgeon
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Well for now the only things in the game that get epic DR are lvl20 monks, and paragon kobolds in the shroud and enter the kobold.

In PnP, any creature with predicable DR (example: DR 10/silver for werewolves) can bypass the same type of DR with their natural attacks (so a Werewolf can pierce X/Silver DR with bites, claws, etc).

Was this correctly implemented so that level 20 Monks pierce Epic DR with unarmed strikes?

Shade
10-20-2009, 06:48 PM
In PnP, any creature with predicable DR (example: DR 10/silver for werewolves) can bypass the same type of DR with their natural attacks (so a Werewolf can pierce X/Silver DR with bites, claws, etc).

Was this correctly implemented so that level 20 Monks pierce Epic DR with unarmed strikes?

Well this isn't PnP. So implementing such a function wouldn't be correct.
Monks don't get 10 dr epic in pnp either.

So no, monks don't piece epic DR at lvl20.
A lvl21+ monks fists may indeed do that. But we aren't there yet. Mod20 maybe.

Likewise, demons with holy cold iron DR, don't pierce good or cold iron DR either.
Nor does a warforged with adamantine plating bypass adamantine DR with his fists.
Or vice versa with a warforged enemy attacking a player with dr/adamantine.

And i've never heard of such a rule for pnp either.

DDO will just treat epic as another damage type as it's meant to. Old 2.0/3.0 DnD rules (which the epic handbook was written for) said +6 or higher gets thru epic DR.. But this is 3.5.. Doesn't work that way anymore.

Gol
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
there are no epic weapons next mod, just some that are being called epic.non-epic epic weapons = epic fail?

*rimshot*

Angelus_dead
10-20-2009, 08:11 PM
In PnP, any creature with predicable DR (example: DR 10/silver for werewolves) can bypass the same type of DR with their natural attacks
No, that is not what the D&D rules say. You can read them:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction

mediocresurgeon
10-20-2009, 11:05 PM
No, that is not what the D&D rules say. You can read them:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#damageReduction

Okay, I reviewed them. Let me quote right from the page you linked:

Some monsters are vulnerable to magic weapons. Any weapon with at least a +1 magical enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls overcomes the damage reduction of these monsters. Such creatures’ natural weapons (but not their attacks with weapons) are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Some monsters are vulnerable to chaotic-, evil-, good-, or lawful-aligned weapons. [sic] A creature with an alignment subtype (chaotic, evil, good, or lawful) can overcome this type of damage reduction with its natural weapons and weapons it wields as if the weapons or natural weapons had an alignment (or alignments) that match the subtype(s) of the creature.

A few very powerful monsters are vulnerable only to epic weapons; that is, magic weapons with at least a +6 enhancement bonus. Such creatures’ natural weapons are also treated as epic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

This is why I asked about Monks, which have DR 10/Epic. Under PnP rules, a level 20 monk with innate X/Epic DR would be able to overcome X/Epic DR.

I acknowledge that that I was slightly off on the details (it does not function for material types), but the essence of my question was still valid.

It seems that the answer to me question is "Not in DDO." Which is a shame--it would mean that, for the first time, Monks would be desirable for DPS alone. (Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes for Epic handwraps to be added?)

FluffyCalico
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Okay, I reviewed them. Let me quote right from the page you linked:

This is why I asked about Monks, which have DR 10/Epic. Under PnP rules, a level 20 monk with innate X/Epic DR would be able to overcome X/Epic DR.

Monks don't have innate epic DR. They have fudged up "epic" DR due to DDO borking the loot so bad that their innate DR would be useless.

Ashinaree
10-22-2009, 10:59 PM
EPIC starts with your 21st hit die
weapons it would follow would only be epic if they were level 21 or higher to use
yes the dmg (dungeon masters guide) states other rules however ddo does not follow them for enhancements.
+6 or higher would be epic in ddo.

for that matter green steel would be epic in table top or PnP.