PDA

View Full Version : Enough With The Changes!

Kraldor
10-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Why do you insist on always changing things that don't need to be changed?

My cleric's armor was gorgeous. He was a supermodel. He was badass.
Just look.
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/bagelOLD.jpg

And then you nerfed it! Current super-upgly Lammania version:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/ScreenShot00244-1.jpg
Nobody will play Drow anymore if this change goes through!

Return him to his former glory or I will quit! (I promise!)

Jay203
10-18-2009, 12:00 AM
i see no difference, both pix have ugly armor :D:D:D:D

Junts
10-18-2009, 12:39 AM
personally I think the above photo looks way, way, way better

Dark-Star
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM

I do as well.

Kraldor
10-18-2009, 01:07 AM

That's the point.

Above photo is current.

Bottom photo is Lamannia.

Natashaelle
10-18-2009, 01:35 AM

/signed

... though it could simply be a graphics engine glitch in the current Beta, armour itself basically seems identical -- but your skin colour looks wonky too in the second pic.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 02:34 AM
And for that matter.... bring back the bare midriffs for drow in brigandine.

TreknaQudane
10-18-2009, 03:01 AM
The second pic is definitely how Blue Dragon armor looks.

That you were seeing the top is a glitch

Quikster
10-18-2009, 03:05 AM
That's the point.

Above photo is current.

Bottom photo is Lamannia.

Will confirm he looks silly on live, just like the top photo.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 03:14 AM

Newp

The_Ick
10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
I like the new look better, but off topic. While you guys are looking at that, can you switch the graphics for the Breastplate from the hound back. I am running a round in a golden princess outfit again.

Kraldor
10-18-2009, 12:04 PM

Nope, ever since we got dragonscale armor in mod 4, both Drow and Dwarves have had the darker underskin for Medium Dragonscale Armor, in all three colors.

Kraldor
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Here are some other examples from live servers that I'm assuming were also changed to be like human/elf/halfling skin on Lamannia. Anyone out there playing on lamannia that has a drow or dwarf with medium dragonscale armor that can check this?

Dwarf in White Scale Medium:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/whitemediumdwarffront.jpghttp://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/whitemediumdwarfback.jpg
Drow in black scale medium:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/blackmediumdrow.jpg
Dwarf in black scale medium:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc157/Kraldor/sympinblack.jpg

Zippo
10-18-2009, 01:08 PM
/signed

... though it could simply be a graphics engine glitch in the current Beta, armour itself basically seems identical -- but your skin colour looks wonky too in the second pic.

It seems to me to be nothing more then a lighting effect. Daytime in the char selection screen on top and night time in the vale at the bottom with the moon light on the front side.

Kraldor
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
It seems to me to be nothing more then a lighting effect. Daytime in the char selection screen on top and night time in the vale at the bottom with the moon light on the front side.

Armor look doesn't change at all based on the lighting in those pictures, it's a straight-up texture switch.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 01:17 PM

It's not

Zippo
10-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Armor look doesn't change at all based on the lighting in those pictures, it's a straight-up texture switch.

Well other then dark blue vs light blue what is the difference cause if it is something else I sure ain't seeing it.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Well other then dark blue vs light blue what is the difference cause if it is something else I sure ain't seeing it.

That IS the difference.

Zippo
10-18-2009, 02:32 PM
That IS the difference.

Don't get me wrong I understand the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" sentiment involved; but there are bigger fish to fry in the realm of things to gripe about and we've all been around long enough to know what those things are.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't get me wrong I understand the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" sentiment involved; but there are bigger fish to fry in the realm of things to gripe about and we've all been around long enough to know what those things are.

I think the darker version of the dragon armor looks frickin' snazzy. Characters looking snazzy is a big deal to a lot of people... especially when the way to keep them snazzy is to do nothing.

dragnmoon
10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
but there are bigger fish to fry

I personally like my fish Baked ;)

moops
10-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Muhahhaha My Evil plans worked!!! I was so jealous of your gorgeous armor that I bribed the Devs with Tasty ham, and now you'll look just like me!!!

Gratch
10-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Coming soon to a DDO Store near you: "differentiated armor coloring".

Differentiated Armor Coloring

Tired of your new old armor that we made one color, now you can adjust the main or secondary color of your armor with DDO armor coloring. Tired of looking like a blue dragon robe smurf or a white dragon robe marshmallow, DDO Armor Coloring could be the thing for you. Are you an actual power gamer that doesn't want to look like all the other power gamers, now you too can adjust the coloring of your DT Armor or your Icy Rainmanents. Just 295 Turbine points per pixel colored. PRE-ORDER your colors now as the good ones will disappear soon.

Edit: Though it would be nice if the devs would get back to that "crafting system" where they make our gems and collectibles useful - I don't mind if they *also* put said creations in the store.

Arlith
10-18-2009, 04:02 PM
And for that matter.... bring back the bare midriffs for drow in brigandine.

Yes, Bring back the Sexy Armor. Belly Buttons FTW!

Belwaar
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I will say that the darker underside looks very cool. I didn't know they looked like that..I may have to start griding Tor again...:eek:

Kraldor
10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
I will say that the darker underside looks very cool. I didn't know they looked like that..I may have to start griding Tor again...:eek:

Won't be worth that much work if it's just gonna look bright and ugly next mod.

Dev comment, anything?

Eladrin
10-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Skin tone was accidentally being applied to some of the armors, and someone fixed it. If you had an extremely light skin tone, your white dragon armor would go day-glo, for instance.

bobbryan2
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Skin tone was accidentally being applied to some of the armors, and someone fixed it. If you had an extremely light skin tone, your white dragon armor would go day-glo, for instance.

...but it looks better with the bug.

smatt
10-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Mine always looked like the bottom picture.....

bobbryan2
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM

Probably played with a lighter skinned race....

Kraldor
10-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Can you please un-fix it then?

Also, are you sure it was a skin tone thing and not just a matter of race? All Drow have the same underskin regardless of skin tone, and all dwarves have the darker underskin whether they have pale white or dark grey skin.

Phaye
10-22-2009, 01:46 AM
And I though it was an improvement (and all people around me do to). Please unfix it !

All this also prove that it's not not so hard to change armor tones.

Please, add some customizations to armors (Dragontouched first in line). I can't even begin to count the number of people I know who will pay 3 times their monthly sub to be able to customize parts and colors of their armors...

Uska
10-22-2009, 02:20 AM
And I though it was an improvement (and all people around me do to). Please unfix it !

Please, add some customizations to armors (Dragontouched first in line). I can't even begin to count the number of people I know who will pay 3 times their monthly sub to be able to customize parts and colors of their armors...

While they should add the option for people who want it I doubt anyone would pay even 5.00 a month to do this, maybe 5.00 even now and then but no way would anyone pay 30-45 extra dollars a month for something like this:rolleyes:

Auran82
10-22-2009, 04:27 AM

Or just port the tech from LOTRO that lets you have a set of armour which you get the bonuses from, and a set which people see when they look at you.

FluffyCalico
10-22-2009, 04:31 AM
While they should add the option for people who want it I doubt anyone would pay even 5.00 a month to do this,

There is is this gender that some of us have come to know as "female" and yes they will.

Belwaar
10-22-2009, 09:20 AM

I had a thought that for each rune you put on your DT armor, it should have a different aesthetic look.

For example: Get Prot +5 and it has spikes on the left shoulder, get Greater Acid Resistance, and you have spikes on the left knee and they're green, etc.

With just about everyone going for something different, you'd have a ton of different looking armor.

Tharlak
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I had a thought that for each rune you put on your DT armor, it should have a different aesthetic look.

For example: Get Prot +5 and it has spikes on the left shoulder, get Greater Acid Resistance, and you have spikes on the left knee and they're green, etc.

With just about everyone going for something different, you'd have a ton of different looking armor.

Love this idea.

/signed.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-22-2009, 11:23 AM

That's interesting...if you made that bug for common place it would have added diversity to our armor...

Chaosprism
10-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Armour painting! geez why'd you have to give them another cosmetic option to add to the store! There goes ALL my money! ..... :D

muffinlad
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Same here.

muffindrag.

jasonchrist
10-27-2009, 12:38 AM
There is is this gender that some of us have come to know as "female" and yes they will.

Truth.