PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 spells

Strakyn
10-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Just 2 questions.

1 - I just hit level 5. So now i get some level 3 spells. I picked the 2 i wanted at trainer. I have about 5 scrolls though that all say that for wiz they are level 3. I bought level 3 inscription materials but when i try to inscribe them it says i dont have the materials for it?

2 - Also what is the point of Alignment? Im True Neutral. I have no idea how i got that...and can you change it?

Denssor
10-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Just 2 questions.

1 - I just hit level 5. So now i get some level 3 spells. I picked the 2 i wanted at trainer. I have about 5 scrolls though that all say that for wiz they are level 3. I bought level 3 inscription materials but when i try to inscribe them it says i dont have the materials for it?

2 - Also what is the point of Alignment? Im True Neutral. I have no idea how i got that...and can you change it?

The scrolls are probably level 2 spells that wizards can use at level 3. You might want to double check that.

Alignment is mainly used for certian items. Some items you will need to be good or nuetural, and some you might need to be lawful or chaotic. There is no way to change your alignment at this time. You pick your alignment when you fist create your character, I believe is is under your name.

Brennie
10-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Just 2 questions.

1 - Note that Caster level and Spell level are completely different. A scroll that says "Caster level 3" on it is probably a level 2 spell (Note the II in the corner of the spell icon). Look for scrolsl with III in the corner of their icon (Namesly Displacement, Fireball, haste, etc). You can also check the comenpdium or DDOwiki for a list of wizard spells broken down by level.

2 - Alignment restricts some specific items, and some specific cleric spells, as well as determining whether you can be negatively affected by certain spells/abilities. True Neutral just happens to be teh best for a caster, how doesn't care about alignment-restricted weapons, but might want to wear Stability robes or Tainted items. Plus, no extra damage from evil spells.

Alighnment is chosen at character creations, and currently you cannot change yoru alignment (But you probably don't want to, you lucked out with the best one)

sirgog
10-17-2009, 01:25 AM
The scrolls are probably level 2 spells that wizards can use at level 3. You might want to double check that.

Alignment is mainly used for certian items. Some items you will need to be good or nuetural, and some you might need to be lawful or chaotic. There is no way to change your alignment at this time. You pick your alignment when you fist create your character, I believe is is under your name.

Name the spells, we'll let you know which ones are level 3. (I recommend inscribing Haste, Suggestion, Lightning Bolt, Fireball and Protection from Elements ASAP; you can buy *all* of these from a shop in House P).

As for Alignment, true neutral is the best option, by far, for a Wizard (from a powergamer perspective). It doesn't matter at low levels, but at endgame you can use the excellent Litany of the Dead trinket without penalty, and take less damage from enemy spells that are alignment-based. On the flip side, you cannot use the Ring of the Ancestors, but that no longer does anything totally unique. (Alignment has extremely few effects for non-multiclassed builds)