PDA

View Full Version : Resetting appearance with reincarnation

jhorn02
10-16-2009, 07:26 PM
This is a minor issue, certainly, but probably has a simple fix. When reincarnating, it would be nice to have the appearance default to the same options as the previous character. If I want to change the appearance, I should be able to, but for those of us who want to keep our appearance the same...it just took me 10 minutes of looking at lips, eyes, and noses to try to remember exactly what Cynder looked like. :D

Natashaelle
10-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Yes, YES, YES !!! PLEASE, this is an absolute MUST !!

You can sometimes have a toon whose appearance is somehow so ... uniquely ... distinctive from among all the 1000s and 1000s of possible variants that it can be all but impossible sometimes to *exactly* reproduce. Some exact combinations of hair, eye, lip, and skin colour combinations in particular should only be reproduced by a computer, NOT by human trial-and-inevitable-error.

Of course, question is, should any Store-purchased cosmetics be replaced by original choices from original character creation ? My take on an answer to this question would be a two letter word, starting with 'n' ;)

It would also be a positive step if the character bio were retained by default after TR, because some people are liable to forget about saving their current one while making their new incarnation...

SableShadow
10-17-2009, 03:10 AM
I'd like the option to keep everything, even pointy ears on humans that were once elves, or stocky builds on elves that were once dwarves...

Dylos_Moon
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd like the option to keep everything, even pointy ears on humans that were once elves, or stocky builds on elves that were once dwarves...

/signed

or shorter humans with oblong heads that were once halflings.

semu
10-17-2009, 11:59 AM
it's no problem for me to get the same look back on my toons. what really bothers me is that you lose custom style (ie. hair dye). spent 295 TP on exclusive hair dye (cost 195 TP now) and with any kind of reincarnation i lose it. so spent 295/195 on exclusive hair dye, spend another 895/1495 TP for lesser/greater reincarnation and after that another 195 TP to get the hair dye back. seems wrong to lose something you spent points on.

Spiffyspiffy
10-17-2009, 03:22 PM
seems wrong to lose something you spent points on.

Agreed.

moorewr
10-17-2009, 05:38 PM
If they have the means to keep the appearance data through the reincarnation, there's no reason not to provide us the convenience. /signed.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-17-2009, 05:48 PM
If they have the means to keep the appearance data through the reincarnation, there's no reason not to provide us the convenience. /signed.

Since they have such a simple modelling method (body a, nose b, hair c, etc) they do have a method, its called a set of temporary variables.

Minor_Threat
10-17-2009, 05:50 PM
seems like this would be a good option that would add to the enjoyment and use of the feature. win/win

moorewr
10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Since they have such a simple modelling method (body a, nose b, hair c, etc) they do have a method, its called a set of temporary variables.

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:B13ScKOtILhXOM::vogons.zetafleet.com/files/orly.jpg&h=78&w=104&usg=__0JrNfw-scoMHilUpGh4pQii-cPc=

Zaal
10-17-2009, 06:36 PM
/signed

Lorien_the_First_One
10-17-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:B13ScKOtILhXOM::vogons.zetafleet.com/files/orly.jpg&h=78&w=104&usg=__0JrNfw-scoMHilUpGh4pQii-cPc=

you think they couldn't? How hard could it be to initialize half a dozen variables for the process?

semu
10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
When reincarnating, it would be nice to have the appearance default to the same options as the previous character.
/signed

leave the appearance including custom hair dye and hair style (we paid for that).
you should still be able to change it if you want to.

RobbinB
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Actually, this is a major issue. I have several characters I simply won't be reincarnating if I can't keep their appearance as is. And I'm not exactly happy with this version of "full respec" already...

ViolentEnd
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
/signed

or shorter humans with oblong heads that were once halflings.

lol .. only if they run like that Venture Brothers kid

muffinlad
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
lol .. only if they run like that Venture Brothers kid

Hank...or Dean? They both have style....

muffinventure

THAC0
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
ack. I would HATE to have to rebuild the look of my WF character. This should be an obvious keep option.

/signed
/signed
and /signed again!

:)

Natashaelle
11-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Well, despite some improvements ( :) ) to reincarnation in general, personal appearance is STILL being zeroed and a new, completely random, one generated upon toon Reincarnation.

Could we please have any feedback about this, Devs, and if you are looking into fixing this before release so that default (modifiable) appearance will be identical to previous ?

Djeserit
11-06-2009, 05:25 AM
When you actually reincarnate in RL, you are probably coming back as a barnacle or a slug. Because playing DDO is not a karma builder. Do you think the slug is going to look anything like your current model? True Reincarnatiion should just be totally random, just like the real thing.

Lorien_the_First_One
11-06-2009, 05:34 AM
When you actually reincarnate in RL, you are probably coming back as a barnacle or a slug. Because playing DDO is not a karma builder. Do you think the slug is going to look anything like your current model? True Reincarnatiion should just be totally random, just like the real thing.

Wow you are inconsistant. In your other post a few minutes appart you wanted to consider the person as the same person for raid completion purposes. lol....

Natashaelle
11-06-2009, 06:13 AM

There is a great big red RANDOM button in character generation for those that want things that way.