PDA

View Full Version : Wiz Reincarnation - spells retained?

lunaticcat
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Being able to tap on previous life experiences, will casters remember the spells they have learned? Obviously they wont be able to tap into those energies until the correct level is gained, but it would be nice to know that you have an extensive library to work with.....

oberon131313
10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
No

Zaal
10-17-2009, 06:41 PM
it was annoying not having my spells learned... even in the reg game, you can learn spells that you can't yet use and, they won't show up as learned until you can use them.

imo, it's a bug and would be nice to have it fixed.

Wildseed
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
it was annoying not having my spells learned... even in the reg game, you can learn spells that you can't yet use and, they won't show up as learned until you can use them.

imo, it's a bug and would be nice to have it fixed.

You want your spells learned? pick up the scrolls, use a spell inscription materials and the spell will be waiting for you by the time you're ready to use it. You can learn the spell anytime, at lvl 1 if you have a full set of level 8 spells you can learn it, as long as you also have enough spell inscription materials to learn it, when you get to lvl 8 you don't have to worry about it if you have inscribed the set of scrolls.

Arianrhod
10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Sigh...this is what comes of not having an actual, physical spellbook (as in PnP). Then it would be included along with all the rest of the possessions you get to keep.

EddieB_TBC
10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Sigh...this is what comes of not having an actual, physical spellbook (as in PnP). Then it would be included along with all the rest of the possessions you get to keep.
Agreed, and it is unfortunate we don't keep the investment made since some spells are scroll drop or select at level up only.

I suppose a counterpoint to the non-itemish nature of our spell book is it doesn't get damaged, stolen, cursed, or any of a half a dozen other fun little things certain PnP DMs have thought up over the years. :(

Zaal
10-23-2009, 09:11 AM
You want your spells learned? pick up the scrolls, use a spell inscription materials and the spell will be waiting for you by the time you're ready to use it. You can learn the spell anytime, at lvl 1 if you have a full set of level 8 spells you can learn it, as long as you also have enough spell inscription materials to learn it, when you get to lvl 8 you don't have to worry about it if you have inscribed the set of scrolls.

I've already started my collection and a mule to hold on to them - regardless, it's still a pain.

Another facet that makes it so is that I have two high lvl castors and now, when I find a high lvl scroll I debate whether scribing it makes more sense or holding on to it for reincarnation.

Why sure, I work on muleing at least 2 scrolls but really, I need 4 now if I plan to make my existing if I wish to make sure my castors are as tricked out as possible.

And if it comes down to make educated choices about which scrolls to mem and which scrolls to mule, well OK then too as I'm already making those decision and really, it sux. I'd rather not have to do that and hope that a dev reads this fixes what I again believe, imho, is a bug.

pumagirl418
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM

I think what he was referring to is the fact that you cannot see WHICH spells you have until you can cast that level of spell. Like a level one inscribing haste, but he canNOT see he learned it until he reaches a level where he can caste level three spells. Having nothing to do with the resurrect, but current game play. I think the spells should appear like a book, with tabs on each level much like it is now but able to 'see' the spells you already inscribed, even if you cannot cast them.

as for the new resurrect... i'll have to think on this... not sure how i feel about it.

Zaal
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I think what he was referring to is the fact that you cannot see WHICH spells you have until you can cast that level of spell. Like a level one inscribing haste, but he canNOT see he learned it until he reaches a level where he can caste level three spells. Having nothing to do with the resurrect, but current game play. I think the spells should appear like a book, with tabs on each level much like it is now but able to 'see' the spells you already inscribed, even if you cannot cast them.

as for the new resurrect... i'll have to think on this... not sure how i feel about it.

Naa , was not referring to the "canNOT" - but thanks for the assist ;)

Emili
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, have not thought about it, does suck to reincarnate a wizard I guess, The Sorc wins out here as for them it's just a matter of picking a spell and shall a new one come along ... well off to swap for it. Wizards while being able to purchase most spells have been having to grind for spells at higher level... or pay for them off the AH. What annoys me is many a barb will leave a level 8+ spell in a chest and run off, without any word to the wiz.