PDA

View Full Version : What is max xp available?

Vendra
10-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I am just wondering, can anyone tell me what the actual max xp is if you did every quest, explorer, rare, and slayer. I am only interested in the raw XP and not the % bonus you get if its the first time you go in a quest, or if you are above the quest level or if you are repeating the quest. I am kind of hoping a dev can answer me on this because if not I am going to have to step into every quest and collect the raw data myself.

I just want to calculate exactly how many times you could reincarnate before it becomes mathematically impossible to actually get to level 20.

Nyvn
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Here is the info for the explorer areas, the quest one is floating around somewhere.

http://achievebalance.com/ddo/adventureareas.htm

Vendra
10-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for that, +1 rep for you.

So assuming that table is still accurate the total possible xp for all explorers up to mod 8 is 1,460,547. That means you need to get 1,678,703 in quest xp for the first reincarnation and 2,917,953 quest xp for the second reincarnation. And if you are crazy enough to go for the 3rd you need 4,412,203 quest xp.

Nyvn
10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, the table doesn't have the Battlefield listed.

Vendra
10-16-2009, 03:27 PM
True but if we assume a natural progression as compared to all the other outdoor areas then I am willing to be its no more than 310,000

Nyvn
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
You also get partial exp for killing rares multiple times.

Vendra
10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
yes but by that logic you have infinite xp if you are willing to keep killing the rare. But that's not really a reasonable way to try and level.

SimVerg
10-16-2009, 04:06 PM

So assuming that table is still accurate the total possible xp for all explorers up to mod 8 is 1,460,547. That means you need to get 1,678,703 in quest xp for the first reincarnation and 2,917,953 quest xp for the second reincarnation. And if you are crazy enough to go for the 3rd you need 4,412,203 quest xp.

Not sure we've seen anything that would suggest a 3rd reincarnation takes more xp than a second?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Not sure we've seen anything that would suggest a 3rd reincarnation takes more xp than a second?

dev said so and gave the forumula in another thread.

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
yes but by that logic you have infinite xp if you are willing to keep killing the rare. But that's not really a reasonable way to try and level.

So... assuming 1.7 million. That could conceivably make up about half the xp needed to true reincarnate the first time. Now... think about it when you consider that the majority of the xp increase is in the later levels. Meaning... you'll have to have the absolute most xp to level when you're getting the least xp/quest.

Vahyor
10-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Well... seeing as you can always get some xp for killing a rare, it never becomes "mathematically impossible" to reach level 20.

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Well... seeing as you can always get some xp for killing a rare, it never becomes "mathematically impossible" to reach level 20.

I don't think anyone claimed otherwise.

Korvek
10-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't think anyone claimed otherwise.

Read the original post. The last sentence.

spifflove
10-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Even given an average lifespan of 80 years?

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Read the original post. The last sentence.

Ok, I don't think anyone else claimed otherwise.

:P

-------

The point isn't whether you can reach a point where it's an impossibility, but whether you can screw yourself out of being able to level. If you stay on a raid timer for every raid when you're lvl 13, and run with people that power level you... is it possible to reach a point where the only thing you have left to get you through your final 2 levels (700,000+ xp for the second time) is rares.

Is there even 700,000 xp at high levels to reasonably get? According to Eladrin's formula, the final level would cost 380,000, the second to last would be 342,000.

And the 8 or so high level quests are giving less than 10k.

Yeah...

SimVerg
10-16-2009, 06:47 PM
dev said so and gave the forumula in another thread.

Link?

Here's a link sort of implying the opposite(36 point cap and 4x xp...which is what a 2nd true reincarnation takes.)

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2482640&postcount=33

Nyvn
10-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok, I don't think anyone else claimed otherwise.

:P

-------

The point isn't whether you can reach a point where it's an impossibility, but whether you can screw yourself out of being able to level. If you stay on a raid timer for every raid when you're lvl 13, and run with people that power level you... is it possible to reach a point where the only thing you have left to get you through your final 2 levels (700,000+ xp for the second time) is rares.

Is there even 700,000 xp at high levels to reasonably get? According to Eladrin's formula, the final level would cost 380,000, the second to last would be 342,000.

Yeah...

The New quests are junk for leveling, run Vale, and Reaver's Refuge stuff through Elite to level 17-20. They have much better RvR exp wise, as well as being more efficent.

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 07:44 PM
The New quests are junk for leveling, run Vale, and Reaver's Refuge stuff through Elite to level 17-20. They have much better RvR exp wise, as well as being more efficent.

Except that it costs nearly twice the xp to level from 13-16. Meaning you're gonna need those vale quests all the more then.

That's why I say it's kinda dumb for them to put the majority of the burden on the least amount of quests.

Angelus_dead
10-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Note that if epic quests were playable with 19s in the party as they should be, this problem could be much improved.

Nyvn
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Even after loosing first time bonuses N/H/E for Reaver's Refuge, and H/E Vale it was still better to do those than the battle field 17-20. It only took 2 weeks to go from 17-20 doing those. There are also new 18-20 quests coming. So this will be eve less of an issue.

Shade
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Note that if epic quests were playable with 19s in the party as they should be, this problem could be much improved.

I don't agree it's a problem. It's meant to take a long time to level. Some mmo's take years to get to the cap... DDO takes a week.. They wanna extend that for players wanting more power, fair enough imo.

Also not really, epic mode gives 0 base XP. So letting lower lvls in there wouldnt help them lvl. It's meant as the elder game, giving capped players something to work towards, theres no reason to let lvl19s go.

Shade
10-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Far as quest xp goes, no one can easily calculate that, giving the vast amoung of bonuses, of which many don't always apply to all quests.

I'd be willing to bet tho, if you did all explorers, and every quest in the game at even level 10 times each, always getting full bonuses.. You'd attain over 10 million XP.

Ereshkigal
10-16-2009, 08:59 PM

I thought you could only use true rez twice, or did I misunderstand and they were just saying that beyond the second time there is no boost to starting attribute points?

SimVerg
10-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I thought you could only use true rez twice, or did I misunderstand and they were just saying that beyond the second time there is no boost to starting attribute points?

Tolero and Tarrant were saying you couldn't, 404 has said you can.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Link?

Here's a link sort of implying the opposite(36 point cap and 4x xp...which is what a 2nd true reincarnation takes.)

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2482640&postcount=33

Bah, I missread the poster, ignore me :o

Alexander_Illusioni
10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Eladrin
Developer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppleganger
I wondered where this number came from and postulated a cumulative 5% cost increase per level (5% more to get to level 2, etc to 95% more to get to level 20). I filled quickly a spreadsheet with data, and effectively, I arrived at a total sum of 3 139 250 xp

That is correct. We skewed their XP chart towards the later levels because wanted to let True Reincarnated characters get through the early levels to get to their class defining abilities relatively quickly.

The second incarnation uses a cumulative 10% increase per level based on the original XP chart (+10%, +20%, +30%, etc.), for an end result of 4378500 XP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Raar."

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Far as quest xp goes, no one can easily calculate that, giving the vast amoung of bonuses, of which many don't always apply to all quests.

I'd be willing to bet tho, if you did all explorers, and every quest in the game at even level 10 times each, always getting full bonuses.. You'd attain over 10 million XP.

That's not really the question. The question is whether or not there is 1 million xp in the last quarter of the content.

Vendra
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I think I am going to just pop into all quest and get the base xp for all them. From that I can calculate the max xp available in the game or at least get a good estimate. I will calculate it as if you did each quest at the level it's meant to be played.

LA_MIKE
10-17-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll save you a lot of work (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoF-w-4LAfuYcmIxd1NnNkhMWGpTdVBMaTQ1RTJ3Q1E&hl=en).

Lorien_the_First_One
10-17-2009, 08:16 AM
That's not really the question. The question is whether or not there is 1 million xp in the last quarter of the content.

I'll save you a lot of work (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoF-w-4LAfuYcmIxd1NnNkhMWGpTdVBMaTQ1RTJ3Q1E&hl=en).

Hmm...a bit of quick math would indicate that there is about 1mil XP available doing every L16 quest (including raids) NNNHE

But...that would suggest you hadn't already run your chars through these quests at lower levels. Most people are in the vale by L13-15 these days and you wouldn't be able to do that, you would have to stick to lower level content much longer.

bobbryan2
10-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Hmm...a bit of quick math would indicate that there is about 1mil XP available doing every L16 quest (including raids) NNNHE

But...that would suggest you hadn't already run your chars through these quests at lower levels. Most people are in the vale by L13-15 these days and you wouldn't be able to do that, you would have to stick to lower level content much longer.

Yep, that's what I'm saying. XP is so scarce at high levels that you're hamstringing yourself if you run stuff before you absolutely have to with the 2nd reincarnation.

Now, what if a person has run the vale 3-4 times by lvl 15, it's gonna really hurt trying to get to 20.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Yep, that's what I'm saying. XP is so scarce at high levels that you're hamstringing yourself if you run stuff before you absolutely have to with the 2nd reincarnation.

Now, what if a person has run the vale 3-4 times by lvl 15, it's gonna really hurt trying to get to 20.

Agreed. Now from Turbine's meta perspective...this is probably a good thing. It will force people back into the desert and necro for lower level XP. You really will need that stuff to avoid drining the L16+ stuff too early. Even TR1 may require this if you want to be most efficient in your levelling...We may have to break some old habits.

bobbryan2
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Agreed. Now from Turbine's meta perspective...this is probably a good thing. It will force people back into the desert and necro for lower level XP. You really will need that stuff to avoid drining the L16+ stuff too early. Even TR1 may require this if you want to be most efficient in your levelling...We may have to break some old habits.

Yeah... but people that haven't analyzed the numbers will just level like normal...

And then get screwed.

Letrii
10-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Is it best to repeat quests until they no longer give xp before moving on? How many times is that?

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Is it best to repeat quests until they no longer give xp before moving on? How many times is that?

12ish.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
12ish.

I would put a bullet in my head before I would do any quest 12 times in a row lol

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I would put a bullet in my head before I would do any quest 12 times in a row lol

Oh agreed. That would assume running on normal 10 times, then hard, then elite. But... Just saying.

Thrudh
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM

It's not "best"... doing quests normal/hard/elite is a good way to get a lot of exp, but don't repeat quests you don't enjoy...

Freeman
10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Doesn't the XP cap out after the second one? That's what was stated http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2479011&postcount=18