PDA

View Full Version : UMD question

Grim-Reaper
10-16-2009, 12:47 AM
i have a Favoured soul and i didnt put much use magic device into it, for weapons that base off your align (true chaos sword, true law sword, etc) it usually says (UMD:20) or something like that, do i HAVE to have 20 UMD do use, if not, how would the sword work with low UMD, or how do i get by without needing UMD and without getting debuffs or not all the abiliteis work?, if so, is there a way to get by without UMD, and becuase my lvl 4 almost 5 FVS doesnt have high UMD should i remake and put most of my skill points into UMD?

P.S.
when i go up on UMD for my FVS wen i lvl up, it takes 1 points to go up .5 UMD, how do i fix this

Soulken
10-16-2009, 01:15 AM
You have to have the umd listed to equip the item so boosting your Cha will help that get teh cartouche from delera's will work or just dont use any items that require you to use umd to equip them many people dont bother with umd and they do fine.

Oh on doing .5 umd per lvl thats because its a crossclass skill only bards and rogues have umd as a class skill so you will have a lower cap and can only go up half a rank per lvl you could fix that by taking 1 lvl of rogue or bard but I wouldnt suggest that.

Shonas
10-16-2009, 02:29 AM
If it says

Req: Chaotic (UMD: 20)

Or something similar, then that means you must either have 20 UMD, OR be Chaotically aligned, but you do not require both. You only need to meet one of the requirements.

UnderwearModel
10-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Use your spells to be uber.

Put those points into concentration and jumping.

UMD is for bards and rogues as others have pointed out. And on some things you really need a HIGH a UMD so do not feel like you are losing out.