PDA

View Full Version : How Rare is Maelstrom drop?

DnD3
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Making a new barb, I've run tempest spine at least 8 times here in ghallanda with my sorc and I have yet to see the Axe drop for me and whats worse the AH doesn't have any of them for sale.

Uska
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I think its very rare altogether I have over 100 TS runs amoung all my characters and I think I have seen one for myself and seen a couple carrying them and 1 or 2 on the AH mine came from fire and ice's chest but another poster says his came from end chest. I will say the one I pulled was that characters first time in TS ever and it was on elite.

See Sirgog's post below I think he proably spot on your chances to pull one. He is the other poster I was thinking of name just slipped my mind.

sirgog
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
I think its very rare altogether I have over 100 TS runs amoung all my characters and I think I have seen one for myself and seen a couple carrying them and 1 or 2 on the AH mine came from fire and ice's chest but another poster says his came from end chest. I will say the one I pulled was that characters first time in TS ever and it was on elite.

I suspect it has a 0.5% drop rate from the Fire//Ice chest and a 0.5% drop rate from the end chest (I looted one from one of the end chests).

That would fit the empirical evidence.

DnD3
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks, so it looks like I'm not getting that lol

Pwesiela
10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
It's rare. I've personally looted 1, and seen 2 others looted since I started way back when the monolith first arrived.

MrWizard
10-15-2009, 04:15 AM
i think i have pulled 3 back when...
100s of runs.....100s

lifestream
10-15-2009, 06:04 AM
what you are forgetting is the looting penalty - the more you loot same loot in short time, the lower the % of good item drop and item drop at all goes.
Im not sure how long that "ransack" cooldown is tho... iv heard like 15min and also 7 days.

SquelchHU
10-15-2009, 06:14 AM
7 days starting from the first time you looted the chest.

MrWizard
10-15-2009, 09:18 AM
what you are forgetting is the looting penalty - the more you loot same loot in short time, the lower the % of good item drop and item drop at all goes.
Im not sure how long that "ransack" cooldown is tho... iv heard like 15min and also 7 days.

back when I ran it, literally 100s of times...100s....the ransack reset after a couple runs.
I might have pulled more early on and sold them...never really paid attention.

It is was just fun running the only 12 person quest that was not a real bore 'do what I say quest'....at least when I ran it... :)

CE2JRH123
10-15-2009, 02:36 PM
That's funny. I got one on my second run. Are they valuable? I saw two damage mods and required level 2 and was like "Pretty nice." But I'm a cleric. Can I sell it on Thelanis?

linaewen
10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I have looted one on Cannith yesterday, took me about 15-20 runs to get it.

sirgog
10-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Ransack works like this:

If you have opened the chest 8 or fewer times in the last 7 days: Random and named loot both normal.
If you have opened 9-10 times in the last 7 days: Named loot still normal, random loot is penalized (quest is treated as one level lower than it is)
If you've opened 11+ times in last 7 days: No random loot, no named loot, nada, nil, zilch.

sirgog
10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
That's funny. I got one on my second run. Are they valuable? I saw two damage mods and required level 2 and was like "Pretty nice." But I'm a cleric. Can I sell it on Thelanis?

It's *very* valuable.

There's one being sold in the forums now for 350k PP (3.5 million gold) on one server.

Post it on the AH with a minimum of 200k PP and a max of 400k PP, and see how you go (post it for 72 hours). Note that's in plat, not gold (so it's 2 million to 4 million gold).

CE2JRH123
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow.

I'm confused as to what I would do with said gold. I've got a level 9 cleric, but most stat/armor items I've seen have minimum levels; I've already farmed the Brokers for +5 Fullplate, +5 Heavy Steel Shield, and a couple dual element morningstars. I got a portable black hole and spent 100k on the bank slot expansion, and both my main and an alt already have their medium bags.

Suggestions?