PDA

View Full Version : Add stone of clensing to the DDO store

Bloodhaven
10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Add stone of clensing to the DDO store.

That is all.

Lithic
10-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Umm no. If they do that, they may as well put in large scales/stones, seven fingered gloves, tharnes goggles, DQ torq, and all the tower rings too.

Borror0
10-14-2009, 08:51 PM
No. [Insert here Fernando quote.] [Insert here argument about how uninterested by this type of gameplay I am.]

sirgog
10-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Add stone of clensing to the DDO store.

That is all.

I was fine with +2 tomes, but IMO this is a *totally* bad idea.

I'm fine with the store selling anything except endgame loot, but the major endgame items like (currently) +3-4 tomes, Large Ingredients, raid loot, Shroud Power Shards, epic tokens and Cleansing Essences should stay well out of the store until they are no longer endgame loot.

Letrii
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
What is a stone on clensing?

Enochroot
10-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I was fine with +2 tomes, but IMO this is a *totally* bad idea.

I'm fine with the store selling anything except endgame loot, but the major endgame items like (currently) +3-4 tomes, Large Ingredients, raid loot, Shroud Power Shards, epic tokens and Cleansing Essences should stay well out of the store until they are no longer endgame loot.

A stone of cleansing is nothing like any of those items. It's a simple representation of 20 grinds of a quest. The player still has to grind all the necessary ing/small/med/larges etc.

/signed. ;)

Uska
10-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I think we are hitting that slope now and earlier then I thought we would.

sirgog
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
A stone of cleansing is nothing like any of those items. It's a simple representation of 20 grinds of a quest. The player still has to grind all the necessary ing/small/med/larges etc.

/signed. ;)

No, they do not.

They don't need to farm the ingredients - unscrupulous players can buy the ingredients from platfarmers. The two items they cannot buy are the Stone of Cleansing (extremely rare; one per 20 completions) and the Shards of Power (reasonably common, about 1 per 6 completions or so)

Personally I consider the Stone of Cleansing to be the single most powerful item of raid loot in game for most classes. There is a very good reason it binds to character.

On the other hand, I'd be 100% fine with selling Greensteel blanks in the store, plus small and medium ingredients (smalls are already sold but at a price noone would pay except maybe for one scale you are short of). Just keep the real raid loot out of the store.

Enochroot
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
No, they do not.

They don't need to farm the ingredients - unscrupulous players can buy the ingredients from platfarmers. The two items they cannot buy are the Stone of Cleansing (extremely rare; one per 20 completions) and the Shards of Power (reasonably common, about 1 per 6 completions or so)

Personally I consider the Stone of Cleansing to be the single most powerful item of raid loot in game for most classes. There is a very good reason it binds to character.

On the other hand, I'd be 100% fine with selling Greensteel blanks in the store, plus small and medium ingredients (smalls are already sold but at a price noone would pay except maybe for one scale you are short of). Just keep the real raid loot out of the store.

What?!?!?

Most toons generally use 1-2 GS items on body, and generally the second one is only a slight increase in power over the first.

What toon's power is greatly increased over their already double GS weapon (or more) - main GS item (hp for melee, sp for casters?)?

Also, I like that you think people shouldn't be able to buy it because they can buy the rest from platfarmers. Way to screw legitimate players with your logic. Thanks!

Hokonoso
10-17-2009, 03:57 PM
stone of cleansing is by far the single most useful item they could add to the store. sure large scales and other raid loot is nice, but they are FAR easier to get and way less time consuming than stone's of cleansing which is just a silly grind that new players should not have to do.

veterans already have all their stones so it is no problem for them, but new players are royally screwed here in that they have to run a lvl 17 raid 20 times just to wear a second piece of greensteel item which imo is just silly. either add it to store or making it drop from the chests at a high rate (like a supreme power shard), there is no reason for this item to be so rare. in fact, green steel items should not even require cleansing imo, weapons do so why does the gear? you should not be limited by time in how many items you can wear assuming you farmed all the ingredients/shards. this is nothing more than a time sink and adding it to the store would generate TONS of revenue (especially if they charged something ridiculous like 3000 turbine points).

if you devs are reading this, note you will make more money by adding this to the store for a large amount than any other single thing you could possibly add to the store. this is a simple fact that should be taken into consideration.

p.s. screw you folks that like games being hard, this is a way for turbine (a legitimate business) to make extra cash and should be seen as so with no repercussions to the game besides a few children crying over the fact that they have been playing this game for years and worked hard for these stones and don't want any new players to have fun at all endgame.

p.p.s i probably won't buy them personally as my toons have tons of completions and every 20th i pick up a stone even if i dont plan to use it simply because of it's value vs a +3 stat tome, so this isn't for me, this is for all my friends that did not have a chance to run shroud a billion times and for all other new people.