PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on True Reincarnation

Wizzly_Bear
10-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Thus far I have been intrigued by the idea of True Reincarnation and plan to use it on Wizzly. My primary reason is because I enjoy leveling him and was planning on making a new one just to enjoy the process, so why not do it while gaining some extra boosts. I was a little taken aback when I found out how steep the extra xp required is, but I've looked at it a little more and I don't think it will be much of an issue. Holding levelling until capping coupled with all the extra xp in optionals will make it no problem, just take a little longer than normal - just look at Kobold in the Refuge: 3500 xp for not taking the shortcut and killing a few kobolds. And let us not forget xp potions.

*To those complaining about too much xp to respec: 1.65x xp isn't much. At most it'll take a casual player an extra week or two to cap out so long as they do a few optionals and don't try to be on all raid timers at level 13. And if 1.65x is too much for you, "this wasn't intended to be a respec."

*However, that said, I think the benefits aren't sufficiently lined up to the costs involved for this. The feats that become available are quite lame in their current states. They need to be changed considerably to be worthwhile, or granted automatically. Also, beyond another 2 build points, what benefits come from a second True Reincarnation? Do they become even larger than their previous reincarnation? A special symbol different than the first?

*What happens if/when epic levels become available? Will a True Reincarnated character continue to require increasingly larger amounts of experience? If so, endgame xp trends will have to change.

My 2cp.

Kistilan
10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Thus far I have been intrigued by the idea of True Reincarnation and plan to use it on Wizzly. My primary reason is because I enjoy leveling him and was planning on making a new one.

Wizzly of Cannith?!? :eek: Get in game -- Harbormasters is levelling up some characters to establish a foundation while teaching new players. I saw your Favormonkey -- does he need help?

PS: To answer your post, expect level 20 to remain True Reincarnation point. Beyond 21 is Demigod (beyond Reincarnation). How they write the rules one can only guess -- I expect an exponential level curve of xp approximately equal to all the xp earned to level 20 and epic levels to be released in sets of 2 (as per our old trend). So, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30. That's another 2 years worth of content.

Level 20 will likely remain your True Reincarnation point. You can probably Reincarnate at level 30 too, but seriously, why would you? (That would have to be some major mid-life crisis).

Wizzly_Bear
10-15-2009, 08:22 PM
when i log on cannith i dont see any of the LHM so i do a couple quests and then go back to thelanis. lots of character needing 20th there for TR :cool:

Kistilan
10-16-2009, 03:05 AM
when i log on cannith i dont see any of the LHM so i do a couple quests and then go back to thelanis. lots of character needing 20th there for TR :cool:

Are you playing odd hours!?

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 03:49 AM
My problem with the xp is twofold.

1) I really just don't like it. Not in the sense that it'll be a grind... but more in that I just am not seeing the benefit for the xp expenditure. You're basically requiring something like 7 million xp for 4 stat points. Yeah.. it's a grind... yeah... some people will do it. But it's just not a lot of payout for most builds.

2) With them deferring the majority of the increase until the highest levels, they're basically over burdening the few quests we get at that level. Much ado has been made over the pathetic xp in Shavarath, and how it's already a little dicey to cover that last 400,000xp... but what happens when those quests have to cover 1-2 MILLION xp?

If it was a uniform increase, at least you would be spreading the burden over the entirety of your content.

and we'll say threefold

3) The finite experience in DDO kinda bothers me anyway. Though it was a near impossibility before, to get into a situation where you have nothing left to level you... you're making it just a little more possible with all this extra required xp.

You should really reset the timers on repetition penalties after 7 days or so.

Wizzly_Bear
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Are you playing odd hours!?
mostly evenings and overnight, but not everyday. today for instance im on during the day.