PDA

View Full Version : Level 16+ Feedback Event: Try True Reincarnation!

MadFloyd
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Are you interested in trying the new True Reincarnation feature? We’re looking for volunteers for some extra testing & feedback! In order to True Reincarnate, you must be level 20. However, for those applicants level 16-19, we’d be happy to boost your XP to cap for the purpose of providing feedback!

Here’s the details to get involved:

1) If you have a level 16+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with, send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
- Name of your Lamannia character
- Level of your Lamannia character
- Forum name
- Preferred time slot (please note, Turbine is on Eastern time)

2) Show up at the back of the Rusty Nail tavern during the appropriate time slot. I, Tolero, and/or other Turbine staff will be there and boost your XP (providing you applied beforehand), look for characters with a “+” in the front of their name!

Time Slots:

1) Thursday October 15th 6-8pm Eastern
2) Friday October 16th 3-3:30pm Eastern
3) Friday October 16th 6-7pm Eastern

Tolero will open a new thread to gather feedback from participants after each time slot in the Reincarnation forums.

Thanks!

ToyVIP
10-14-2009, 03:55 PM
*sits down and cries*

i cant make it at any of those times due to work commitments

dont supose theres any chance of one more time slot later on the fri... :P

GoldyGopher
10-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Could you open this up to any character who is level 20 on live or level 16+ on Lammania.

I have a couple of builds on Live that would benefit potentially from True Reincarnate however that are 20s that are only 12s or so on Lammania.

Dylos_Moon
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Considering most of my level 16+s were either deleted for slots or victims of the lesser reincarnation bug, any chance of letting 10+ do this?

totmacher
10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
sure

ArkoHighStar
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
ughh not playing till 9pm otherwise I would be there.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you for doing this.

Now can I kindly and gently suggest that this type of event (or better yet, and NPC/Lama only quest) that does the same thing automagically for you should be a staple on Lama to aid us in testing there in general. :D

oberon131313
10-14-2009, 05:10 PM
*makes a note to check the level of his characters on llama for this*

Wizzly_Bear
10-14-2009, 06:40 PM
love to help with this, but may have an issue. i hit a character for true reincarn on friday - obviously it never went through cuz it wasnt working then - am i on true reincarn timer?

QuantumFX
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Have you guys considered doing the +900%XP boost again to help people level up characters? At the very least it will help the truly insane players test out the 34-36point True Reincarnation.

sirgog
10-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Have you guys considered doing the +900%XP boost again to help people level up characters? At the very least it will help the truly insane players test out the 34-36point True Reincarnation.

Yeah, either do that, or pick a very short quest (The Miller's Debt perhaps), up it to level 19, and have it grant 100000 XP so people can turbolevel without needing a GM, will make for much easier testing.

SteeleTrueheart
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
:Cry:

My only relevant character was hit by the greater res bug and is near naked and penniless in the marketplace.

Kace
10-15-2009, 12:12 AM
:Cry:

My only relevant character was hit by the greater res bug and is near naked and penniless in the marketplace.

Lol. I'm sorry, the True Rez bug is just so full of pathos I can't stop laughing, every time I see one I just picture the poor bloke destitute on the beach. Someone outta rename the rez orc 'Madoff'.

MadFloyd
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Lol. I'm sorry, the True Rez bug is just so full of pathos I can't stop laughing, every time I see one I just picture the poor bloke destitute on the beach. Someone outta rename the rez orc 'Madoff'.

LOL.

I'm hoping that characters that were victim of the Lesser/Greater bug will once again be viable after the update today, but I don't have confirmation yet. My character was a victim too. :-(

Dylos_Moon
10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL.

I'm hoping that characters that were victim of the Lesser/Greater bug will once again be viable after the update today, but I don't have confirmation yet. My character was a victim too. :-(

I'm afraid I already deleted at least one of my characters who was a victim :(

Zyklon
10-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd like to try this out. But won't have the client downloaded.

Are there going to be future "True Reincarnation" days?

-

Arianrhod
10-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Ya know....

What with reincarnation currently not working properly for transferred characters, why not put an autoleveler on Lamannia (only usable in the Grotto/Beach area where brand new characters appear) so more people who don't have high level characters that were created initially on Lamannia can contribute to the testing.

I remember way back around mod 3 or so there was something like this for the open weekend preview they had on Mournlands; maybe something similar could be done now.

doppleganger
10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I got 13 out of 10 characters on Lammania, so will this create problems if I do a True Reincarnation? Should I delete 3 toons just in case. Not that it bothers me much, well apart from the fact I would have to do some cleanup to scavange the good items on the to be deleted toons.

bigpun
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
So, if one was a victim of the lesser/greater bug, how do you go about correcting it ?
I'm on right now with my character that was a victim of the greater and I don't see anything different. I went to go back and speak to Kruz in house J, but I'm on a timer.

HeavenlyCloud
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Can i get enough xp for level 20 on my level 1 True Reincarnated Cleric so we can test true reincarnation x2? :p

WolfSpirit
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM
1) If you have a level 16+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with, send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
- Forum name

Thanks!
-
Sweet! Email Submitted!

SirShen
10-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Mad.

Shamguard
10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Are you interested in trying the new True Reincarnation feature? We’re looking for volunteers for some extra testing & feedback! In order to True Reincarnate, you must be level 20. However, for those applicants level 16-19, we’d be happy to boost your XP to cap for the purpose of providing feedback!

- Forum name

2) Show up at the back of the Rusty Nail tavern during the appropriate time slot. I, Tolero, and/or other Turbine staff will be there and boost your XP (providing you applied beforehand), look for characters with a “+” in the front of their name!

Time Slots:

1) Thursday October 15th 6-8pm Eastern
2) Friday October 16th 3-3:30pm Eastern
3) Friday October 16th 6-7pm Eastern

Tolero will open a new thread to gather feedback from participants after each time slot in the Reincarnation forums.

Thanks!

I guess those of use who live on the west coast and have real jobs are out of luck. Typical Turbine promotion, "Let's offer something real cool, but lets make sure the players who actually pay for the game cann't get it."

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it works on the real server, because there is noway I'm going to grind a year old character to level 20 on a test/preview server.

Extispex
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess those of use who live on the west coast and have real jobs are out of luck. Typical Turbine promotion, "Let's offer something real cool, but lets make sure the players who actually pay for the game cann't get it."

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it works on the real server, because there is noway I'm going to grind a year old character to level 20 on a test/preview server.

So only people who live on the west coast of the USA pay for the game? Very interesting ...

binnsr
10-15-2009, 07:45 PM

its ok, sham .. I killed Level off so you wouldn't have to sacrifice a rogue :)

DagazUlf
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Firstly, props to +MadFloyd for working like crazy!

TOMES
- Eating +1 tomes has no effect at all after True Reincarnation

STUFF!
- The Reincarnation Cache at the bank is limited in what it can display, and you have to remove items in order for it to slowly populate with the unseen items.
- I have several items (notably the founders 5% boots and helmet) that are still missing even after pulling out items from the Cache until no more "new" items appeared.
- One of my items turned into something titled "Reward", which is bound to character and has the Search icon. No idea what it was before it went off into Reincarnation Cache land. Maybe it's one of my founder's items? http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yOlco4uWeSpSo-fnPSd3mg?authkey=Gv1sRgCObd3rrZ_LOv9QE&feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yOlco4uWeSpSo-fnPSd3mg?authkey=Gv1sRgCObd3rrZ_LOv9QE&feat=directlink

So far it's pretty fun getting the fancy name and standing out as a reincarnated character. :) Looks like a little work is still ahead before this is ready for prime-time, though.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2009, 08:05 PM

You're right... the devs should stay up until 5am so the Auzi's can try it after work. :rolleyes:

MadFloyd
10-15-2009, 08:22 PM

I do feel bad about this. I would have liked to stay later but I had family committments.

Would 7-8am PST work for you (or others) - i.e. before you head out to work? If so I can do this tomorrow am.

Just send the email application as mentioned in the first post.

Thanks to all who took the plunge today. :-)

Borror0
10-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I do feel bad about this. I would have liked to stay later but I had family committments.

Would 7-8am PST work for you (or others) - i.e. before you head out to work? If so I can do this tomorrow am.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MadFloyd again."

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Got him.

That's dedication....

doppleganger
10-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Grrr, had to do the snowy korthos on Lamannia since I had never created a toon there. Could have dispensed with that delay.

I dont like the way the cache of items work. It does not display them all, seems limited to around 60 (I had left a lot of junk on that char to test that kind of stuff). But like someone else mentionned, it fills up with new items as you take some off. At first, I thought I had lost my Minos Legens.

The toon has lost his 4th and 5th backpacks, as I expected. But it retained his 3 bank slots, I would have thought this would have been reset to 1 bank slot. It also retained its Phiarlan Pendant of Time, cool!

Took some pictures at a specific spot for a before/after comparison. It is difficult to position everything exactly at the same spot (the toon, its orientation, the camera). So I have not gotten 100% comparable set of images, but it looks lke the reincarnated toon is slightly bigger, but its subtle. I will try to compare to a toon of same sex and race in game, should be more obvious and easier I guess.

These is a pretty cute blue aura that surrounds the toon for a few seconds when we enter an area. Sad to say, but to me, it felt like it was the only real difference that I would ever feel while playing a true reincarnated toon... The +2 point in the build certainly does not feel like its doing much of a difference, as expected.

All in all, as I was doing this, I could not help but to think that this was not worth the trouble at all. Too little benefit for a major slowdown in levelling starting at mid level. But I was glad to have had the opportunity to try it.

binnsr
10-15-2009, 09:41 PM

bah.. ditto

TechNoFear
10-15-2009, 09:55 PM

LOL!

You live a few hours out of EST, miss one minor test and are complaining? Try living somewhere actually remote!

I live GMT +8 (EST+12 to +14).

We get ALL the downtime in our peak playing times (7 PM - midnight), none of the live events, no access to contests and long waits for GM help.

SableShadow
10-15-2009, 10:41 PM

+1 rep. Also, thanks for catching us late-to-apply types (aka me) tonight. :)

SteeleTrueheart
10-16-2009, 07:10 AM
LOL.

So?

No fix?

SirShen
10-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Can i get enough xp for level 20 on my level 1 True Reincarnated Cleric so we can test true reincarnation x2? :p

If you are willing to wait 1 week todo it. You can only True res once a week.

Asketes
10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
again, I must say i'm very sad.

I joined the DDO community in November, just a few short weeks before this mirror was taken.

I refuse to pay to test a bad first build that is lvl 10. I don't even have/nor can buy 32 pt builds, nor even veteran status.

Why should I be paying 15/month to go back to the very beginning when I've moved past that time in my ddo career?

one day I hope turbine will re-take their mirror image and give us more hope. Not sure why they didn't take a mirror image when they upload mod9, would have made sense.

totmacher
10-16-2009, 07:55 AM
true reincarnated a dwarven fighter to dwarven barbarian. went smooth. i didn't notice any hiccups and seemed like all his equipment was there. good job!

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
So?

No fix?

I was fixed.

It depends on what state your character was left in. If you got the "UNKNOWN" message the 2nd time you tried to reincarnate (in Character Generation), now you should be able to go through Character Generation successfully.

SteeleTrueheart
10-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Ahh so if you were left naked and penniless in the marketplace... no soup for you!

Fortunately I do have a second level 17 on llamaland that I wasn't aware of.

You doing level ups atm?

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Ahh so if you were left naked and penniless in the marketplace... no soup for you!

Fortunately I do have a second level 17 on llamaland that I wasn't aware of.

You doing level ups atm?

I am.

SteeleTrueheart
10-16-2009, 09:11 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MadFloyd again.

lol

moorewr
10-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I was fixed.

It depends on what state your character was left in. If you got the "UNKNOWN" message the 2nd time you tried to reincarnate (in Character Generation), now you should be able to go through Character Generation successfully.

What about characters that hung at the end of the reincarnation chargen, and now show up as level 1 characters on the Heart of Wind?

(sorry about the weird edit-***-double post)

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Firstly, props to +MadFloyd for working like crazy!

TOMES

STUFF!
- The Reincarnation Cache at the bank is limited in what it can display, and you have to remove items in order for it to slowly populate with the unseen items.
- I have several items (notably the founders 5% boots and helmet) that are still missing even after pulling out items from the Cache until no more "new" items appeared.
- One of my items turned into something titled "Reward", which is bound to character and has the Search icon. No idea what it was before it went off into Reincarnation Cache land. Maybe it's one of my founder's items? http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yOlco4uWeSpSo-fnPSd3mg?authkey=Gv1sRgCObd3rrZ_LOv9QE&feat=directlinkhttp://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/yOlco4uWeSpSo-fnPSd3mg?authkey=Gv1sRgCObd3rrZ_LOv9QE&feat=directlink

So far it's pretty fun getting the fancy name and standing out as a reincarnated character. :) Looks like a little work is still ahead before this is ready for prime-time, though.

Does the mysterious reward item have any tooltip info besides 'bound to character' ?

moorewr
10-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I was fixed.

What about characters that hung at the end of the reincarnation chargen, and now show up as level 1 characters on the Heart of Wind?

EDIT: the nice lady there wants to hear all about my adventures, but thinks they end with my first level.

SteeleTrueheart
10-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Does the mysterious reward item have any tooltip info besides 'bound to character' ?

Maybe it is the house P pendant of time reward trinket... you now have no favour.

Raiderone
10-16-2009, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=DagazUlf;2488232]Firstly, props to +MadFloyd for working like crazy!
TOMES

I noticed that at level-3 the +1 INT tome showed it's effect but not until then.
I used a original tome level1 requirement..

MDS_Geist
10-16-2009, 11:00 AM
The mechanism worked very smoothly, no trouble at all. Reincarnated with the extra two build points and skipped right through the tutorial. Thanks MadFloyd!

Wizzly_Bear
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I am.
still cant access lammania and have received no help

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207552

DagazUlf
10-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Nope. http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/j3irLyk2Ch4avhSh3reeNw?authkey=Gv1sRgCObd3rrZ_LOv9 QE&feat=directlink

And my Pendant of Time is just fine, btw. :)

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Has anyone else noticed anything missing after True Reincarnation?

If so, can you be specific about what items?

Thanks!

Rekker
10-16-2009, 12:26 PM

Thanks!

I don't have enough bank space to withdraw Resurrection Bank items out to see if I am missing anything :(

Please fix that graphical error :)

Shamguard
10-16-2009, 12:53 PM

Unfortunatly I have a daughter who has to be at school by 7:30 am and then have an hour drive to work. Oh, well maybe another time.:(
RL sucks when you want to play a game. :p

DagazUlf
10-16-2009, 12:57 PM

I'm pretty sure at this point that the "Reward" item is my 5% Striding boots from pre-ordering? beta? founding? or something-or-other. I don't remember what those bonus boots came from anymore.... anyone?

Artagon
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
the 5% striding boots are from the special edition DDO that came out when DDO did way back when.. I get em too :P
Out of curiousity.. why is it we get the silly waterbreathing clickie broach, when every toon gets the waterbreathing clickie ring on korthos? Doesn't it seem like a silly bonus? How bout a +1 natural armor trinket?

Shamguard
10-16-2009, 01:07 PM
So only people who live on the west coast of the USA pay for the game? Very interesting ...

OK so they're just out to P.O. the left coast people who pay. :p

its ok, sham .. I killed Level off so you wouldn't have to sacrifice a rogue :)
My rogues are fine it's my 28 sorcerer who needs the reroll. :p

You're right... the devs should stay up until 5am so the Auzi's can try it after work. :rolleyes:

No, they need to get up at 3am so the Auzi's can try it. :p

LOL!

You live a few hours out of EST, miss one minor test and are complaining? Try living somewhere actually remote!

I live GMT +8 (EST+12 to +14).

We get ALL the downtime in our peak playing times (7 PM - midnight), none of the live events, no access to contests and long waits for GM help.

I guess I'm just use to all of the downtimes being when I'm in bed or at work. :p

To all of you who had to responed to my post may answer is this:
If you don't complain then they'll not know you have a problem with what they are doing and sometime when you complain you get things changed.:)

Aerendil
10-16-2009, 02:31 PM
DEVS:

For the purpose of this test (and for Lamannia to function as a proper test server), would it not simply be easier to:

- create a test NPC vendor that sells the necessary reincarnation tools for incredibly cheap (i.e. 1 gold each).
and
- up all quest xp by 200% on test server, to allow for faster character progression in order to increase the number of people capable of testing out new high-end content.

It's a win/win situation for the gamers *and* you, as you wouldn't need to physically be online to level people up, so more free time for you to hang out at the pub after work.. AND, the number of people happily testing out the new features would increase tenfold, which will also flush out any possible bugs / issues with the reincarnation system that much quicker.

Just some Friday afternoon thoughts.

Kraldor
10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Some things I like so far-

You get to keep your titan sigil, so only need to do HIPS to get ready
You keep your phiarlan pendant of time
You glow blue any time you load in somewhere (On your screen and everyone else's)
Going from 28pt-34pt is awesome.

True Reincarnation was fairly simple, the first part worked alright. Eating a +1 tome at level 1 had no effect, as others have mentioned.

I'm also fairly certain that I haven't gotten any bigger.

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
DEVS:

For the purpose of this test (and for Lamannia to function as a proper test server), would it not simply be easier to:

- create a test NPC vendor that sells the necessary reincarnation tools for incredibly cheap (i.e. 1 gold each).
and
- up all quest xp by 200% on test server, to allow for faster character progression in order to increase the number of people capable of testing out new high-end content.

It's a win/win situation for the gamers *and* you, as you wouldn't need to physically be online to level people up, so more free time for you to hang out at the pub after work.. AND, the number of people happily testing out the new features would increase tenfold, which will also flush out any possible bugs / issues with the reincarnation system that much quicker.

Just some Friday afternoon thoughts.

Those are GOOD Friday afternoon thoughts. We had similar ones and prepared an NPC - only to find out he had a mind of his own once he was up on Lamannia, so we incarcerated him. :-)

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Some things I like so far-

You get to keep your titan sigil, so only need to do HIPS to get ready
You keep your phiarlan pendant of time
You glow blue any time you load in somewhere (On your screen and everyone else's)
Going from 28pt-34pt is awesome.

True Reincarnation was fairly simple, the first part worked alright. Eating a +1 tome at level 1 had no effect, as others have mentioned.

I'm also fairly certain that I haven't gotten any bigger.

Preliminary investigation on the tome issue seems to indicate that they will take effect at various levels (you should see +1 tomes take effect at level 3 for example).

As for the size thing - it's subtle, but cumulative.

Do you have all your items?

Thorboar
10-16-2009, 03:07 PM
This is frustrating....I actually would be able to participate but I cant even load the client. It keeps saying you have network issues.....grrrrrr

oberon131313
10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm cross checking my items with the screenies I took before we started, and so far its looking like everything transfered over fine.

I had absolutely 0 problems reincarnating adumbrate thus far. I'll be posting more in depth a little later.

Borror0
10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Do F2P players need to buy new sigils upon using True Reincarnation?

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Do F2P players need to buy new sigils upon using True Reincarnation?

Only if they don't find 'em first. Their chances to find them are inherently higher. :-)

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm cross checking my items with the screenies I took before we started, and so far its looking like everything transfered over fine.

I had absolutely 0 problems reincarnating adumbrate thus far. I'll be posting more in depth a little later.

Excellent. Did you have any founder's items?

Lithic
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Any plans on correcting the tome issue? Some of us have stockpiles of min lvl 1 Int tomes that would hope aren't rendered useless by reincarnating :D

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Any plans on correcting the tome issue? Some of us have stockpiles of min lvl 1 Int tomes that would hope aren't rendered useless by reincarnating :D

Well we're still investigating, but it might be the case that tomes behave this way regardless of reincarnation (at least since September). Nothing is lost -they're just observing minimum level restrictions (even though you aren't prevented from consuming them earlier).

oberon131313
10-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Excellent. Did you have any founder's items?

I did not. Joined during the first week of the game.

Xaearth
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Ack... Signed up for the 3:00-3:30 slot, but got caught up... erm... helping elderly people with groceries. Seriously.
No, I'm dead serious. You should see my ol' folks trying to bring in groceries. Poor ma, the big brown paper bag is bigger than she is nowadays.

So... if we missed an earlier slot, can we still show up for the later one? :o

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Ack... Signed up for the 3:00-3:30 slot, but got caught up... erm... helping elderly people with groceries. Seriously.
No, I'm dead serious. You should see my ol' folks trying to bring in groceries. Poor ma, the big brown paper bag is bigger than she is nowadays.

So... if we missed an earlier slot, can we still show up for the later one? :o

Yup, I'm still in the Rusty Nail now actually - swing by :-)

Stanley_Nicholas
10-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I tested my ranger with this deal and here are the things I noticed, in no particular order:

Chat windows, icon bars, the HP/SP bar, etc all get reset to their default locations, though any additional bars or chat windows that have been created still exist. It would be nice if these all retained their previous settings.

The Hints/suggestions/tips that pop up for new players when something is first encountered reset and start popping up again.

Mail in the character's mailbox does not get wiped - if it was there before the reincarnation, it remains there after you are reborn.

The storage vault for the previous life's equipment only shows 50 items at a time. To see additional items, one that is visible must be taken out, and the next item appears at the bottom of the list. The items appear to be ordered totally randomly.

My character's standard bank account retained all 3 pages for the full 60 slots. Is this a bug? Or was it done intentionally to help with managing the past life's inventory? And if it was intentional, does reacquiring House K favor have no effect, or does it unlock 2 additional bank pages for a total of 100 slots?

All inventory items appear to be present and accounted for - nothing disappeared once I emptied enough of the one-way bank so that it stopped repopulating with new items. My account has the founder's +1 natural armor AC necklace attached to it, and even though I had long since deleted the item in the past life, this item showed up in the past life's one-way account. Nice.

+1 tomes do not work at all, at least the grandfathered ones with no minimum level, when consumed at level 1. It makes no difference whether you had used a tome for that stat in your past life or not. The tome is consumed, but it has no effect. I would have tested +2 tomes as well, but did not have any left on hand from the time the data copy was made.

On the character selection screen, selecting the True Reincarnated character causes him to glow in a blue aura for a few seconds, which is pretty cool. The aura is also present when you first load in to the game for a few seconds.

I tested TR on a dwarf, and totally forgot about the difference in the character's size until another tester happened to mention it that I bumped into by the harbor bank. I went and found a dwarf NPC to stand next to, and there is a difference but not a huge one. However, I'm not sure if the NPC is really the same size as a PC dwarf. Screen shot below:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg110/jjkent/ScreenShot00048.jpg

BlueBadger
10-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm fairly certain that on LIVE right now if you eat a min level 1 tome you get the benefit right away. You do not need to wait till the minimum level for them to take effect.

Well we're still investigating, but it might be the case that tomes behave this way regardless of reincarnation (at least since September). Nothing is lost -they're just observing minimum level restrictions (even though you aren't prevented from consuming them earlier).

Lorien_the_First_One
10-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Those are GOOD Friday afternoon thoughts. We had similar ones and prepared an NPC - only to find out he had a mind of his own once he was up on Lamannia, so we incarcerated him. :-)

Thanks Mad, its great to hear you've been working on this long requested item and we will eagerly await him in the future. And now I feel better about turning my L16-19s into L1 for TR testing for you lol

Raiderone
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM

There not useless. The effect is delayed until you reach the minimum level.
At least for +1 tomes, saw +1 inherent bonus at lvl 3.

Lithic
10-16-2009, 04:40 PM

If you are consuming a min lvl 0 +2 int tome at lvl 1, and it is not applied until lvl 7, then something IS lost. In this case up to 6 skill points, not to mention the extra value of a lvl 0 +2 int tome compared to a lvl 7 tome. Right now the min lvl 0 tomes are about 10x the value of the lvl 7 ones.

DagazUlf
10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm fairly certain that on LIVE right now if you eat a min level 1 tome you get the benefit right away. You do not need to wait till the minimum level for them to take effect.

By LIVE, you meant the regular servers? Because yep, definitely not how it's working on Lammy with a TR character. :)

bobbryan2
10-16-2009, 05:51 PM
There not useless. The effect is delayed until you reach the minimum level.
At least for +1 tomes, saw +1 inherent bonus at lvl 3.

Yes... meaning the tomes that are grandfathered in have no use.

The definition of useless. Not that it's a bad thing, if it's how it works. I'm not a fan of grandfathering.

Montrose
10-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Reincarnated Gannot without issue. Here are my thoughts:

1) Why do I have to play Mario to get to the reincarnate guy?

I'll assume that this is very temporary UI, and I don't actually mind jumping puzzles (I made it on the first try with two different characters), it just seems extraneous.

2) As a previous post mentioned, all my bars were dumped in the middle of my screen when I arrived on the beach. Also, my map, focus orb, and menu bar reverted to their original positions. Annoying, but certainly not a huge issue.

3) I skipped the tutorial and headed right for the marketplace bank. All my goodies seemed to have come through ok, but getting them out of temporary storage was *painful*.

-- Should be able to double-click these items to put them in my inventory. Dragging every item is time-consuming
-- Perf on getting an item out is pretty bad
-- No way to tell how many items are left "beneath the scrollbar"
-- Happy to see my pendant of time is usable at level 1.
-- How long do items stay in this temporary storage? I am tempted to abuse this as extra bank storage. I have a rogue with 3 bank slots full of +5 tools (don't ask. I hoard, ok?). I pull them out as I need them. When I reincarnate that toon I am fully planning on leaving the tools in this temp storage indefinitely...
-- No founder items, so can't report on those

4) At some point I am sure I ate a genie cake with this guy, but I don't know on which stat so I'm not sure how genie cake stats interact with true res. I kinda wish I had paid attention to that more. Hopefully someone else has tested the genie cake stat point issue

That's all off the top of my head.

MadFloyd
10-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Reincarnated Gannot without issue. Here are my thoughts:

1) Why do I have to play Mario to get to the reincarnate guy?

I'll assume that this is very temporary UI, and I don't actually mind jumping puzzles (I made it on the first try with two different characters), it just seems extraneous.

2) As a previous post mentioned, all my bars were dumped in the middle of my screen when I arrived on the beach. Also, my map, focus orb, and menu bar reverted to their original positions. Annoying, but certainly not a huge issue.

3) I skipped the tutorial and headed right for the marketplace bank. All my goodies seemed to have come through ok, but getting them out of temporary storage was *painful*.

-- Should be able to double-click these items to put them in my inventory. Dragging every item is time-consuming
-- Perf on getting an item out is pretty bad
-- No way to tell how many items are left "beneath the scrollbar"
-- Happy to see my pendant of time is usable at level 1.
-- How long do items stay in this temporary storage? I am tempted to abuse this as extra bank storage. I have a rogue with 3 bank slots full of +5 tools (don't ask. I hoard, ok?). I pull them out as I need them. When I reincarnate that toon I am fully planning on leaving the tools in this temp storage indefinitely...
-- No founder items, so can't report on those

4) At some point I am sure I ate a genie cake with this guy, but I don't know on which stat so I'm not sure how genie cake stats interact with true res. I kinda wish I had paid attention to that more. Hopefully someone else has tested the genie cake stat point issue

That's all off the top of my head.

The Reincarnation cache is yours to use indefinitely! It's withdrawl only of course, but still very useful...

kyebosh
10-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Didn't have a lot of time, but so far it seems to have gone pretty smoothly. Awaiting lvl3 to test a tome.
The no-scrolling on in the cache was slightly annoying, but from what I see everything survived.

As for suggestions:
> Would be cool to get earned consumables back (Silver Flame regen item, Portable Hole), seeing as though we get to keep the Pendant of Time :)
> I'm REALLY not looking forward to the favour grind. What would be nice is if every completion was rolled back one tier. I.E completed on Elite becomes completed on Hard etc. That way we still have to run them again, but can run Elite straight up for those we had on Elite already. Same for 2nd True Res.

Thanks for the XP :)

*edit
Oops, wrong thread

Montrose
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
The Reincarnation cache is yours to use indefinitely! It's withdrawl only of course, but still very useful...

What happens to items in my reincarnation cache if I reincarnate again?

Wizzly_Bear
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Thanks!
yes, my ability to log in to Lammania.

tihocan
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I hope you can fix this! It's going to really suck if someone carefully plans his reincarnated character based on a +Int tome used at L1, and sees it ruined because of some obscure bug/feature he didn't know about.
I guess you could just change all tomes retroactively, but then it would also suck for people planning to use them on new characters.

SirShen
10-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Ok I found a bug my Widow Bracers that i got from WW are now saying starter Widow Bracers and because of this i cant sell them now. They are still bound to account but still not nice to have them marked as starter.

Sorry got this wrong, think its bracers from a Vet start toon.

Phidius
10-17-2009, 12:23 PM

Nope - just created a new bard with an Int of 9. Left Korthos, pulled a +1 Int (no ML) from the shared bank, ate it, and am now sitting with an Int of 10. Had to do it before the next update, just in case.

DagazUlf
10-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I hope you can fix this! It's going to really suck if someone carefully plans his reincarnated character based on a +Int tome used at L1, and sees it ruined because of some obscure bug/feature he didn't know about.
I guess you could just change all tomes retroactively, but then it would also suck for people planning to use them on new characters.

Exactly.

Solmage
10-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Nope - just created a new bard with an Int of 9. Left Korthos, pulled a +1 Int (no ML) from the shared bank, ate it, and am now sitting with an Int of 10. Had to do it before the next update, just in case.

Since current level 1 tomes do work the way they're supposed to, could you please look into making them continue to work? I mean, I understand they not working at all with the other resurrections since you are getting to keep your tomes, but here since we are loosing them all anyway, and starting from level 1, that extra safeguard is simply not needed.

cappuccino
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Take the last half of last week off due to "work & life" and missed this event!

If Turbine does this again, I know I'll get in on it

MadFloyd
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
To everyone who participated and not yet given feedback:

We would like to know if you've been able to account for all your items. We have determined that the mysterious 'reward' item is not a valid item (it merely represent a quest reward that was never chosen) and all our internal testing has positive in the sense that we haven't lost any items.

That said, we would really like to hear back from those who tried True Reincarnation. If you feel certain that you have lost item(s), please post here accordingly and mention the name of the character affected.

Please help - we'd like to get the update out as soon as possible. :-)

Thanks.

binnsr
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
To everyone who participated and not yet given feedback:

We would like to know if you've been able to account for all your items. We have determined that the mysterious 'reward' item is not a valid item (it merely represent a quest reward that was never chosen) and all our internal testing has positive in the sense that we haven't lost any items.

That said, we would really like to hear back from those who tried True Reincarnation. If you feel certain that you have lost item(s), please post here accordingly and mention the name of the character affected.

Please help - we'd like to get the update out as soon as possible. :-)

Thanks.

On the two characters I True Reincarnated, I was able to get all gear back -- without having all 3 bank tabs though, I would have any way of knowing, as my rogue that I TR'd had nearly full inventory slots, as well as all 3 bank tabs nearly full. After giving away all of the thieves tools and deleting things like Shroud Shards (and a few bank items that I knew I wouldn't get a use for on Llama) I was able to extract enough for the Reincarnation Cache to stop filling from the bottom. That character now has 8 spaces for leveling gear. My monk isn't quite so strapped, but again, I was able to give away all of her shards and the second account didn't have anything in the shared bank (its full now too :))

My suggestion is that the Reincarnation cache be increased to be able to display all items that go into it (you would have to assume a fully equipped character with 5 packs and 3 banks completely full).

Barring that, I'd recommend that there be a note when talking to the reincarnate dude stating that you should strip as much gear off as possible before completing the process.

MadFloyd
10-19-2009, 06:12 PM
In the final version, all items will display in the Reincarnation Cache and be removing items will be easier...

Gum
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Anymore upcoming dates to try this out, or was that it? Thx...Gum

sundino
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
of my second true re incarnation of a human standing beside a non reincrnated human http://C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ScreenShot00010.jpg http://C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ScreenShot00009.jpg :eek::eek:

Glenalth
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
of my second true re incarnation of a human standing beside a non reincrnated human http://C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ScreenShot00010.jpg http://C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ScreenShot00009.jpg :eek::eek:

You need to upload those images to a web server or nobody can see them except you.

FluffyCalico
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
of My Second True Re Incarnation Of A Human Standing Beside A Non Reincrnated Human http://c:\documents And Settings\peter\my Documents\dungeons And Dragons Online\screenshot00010.jpg http://c:\documents And Settings\peter\my Documents\dungeons And Dragons Online\screenshot00009.jpg :eek::eek:

:p

Lorien_the_First_One
10-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Hi Peter.

I bet you are glad your windoz user name wasn't something inappropriate or that could be used to Raz you :p

MadFloyd
10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Time for round 2!

Are you interested in trying the new True Reincarnation feature? We’re looking for volunteers for some extra testing & feedback! In order to True Reincarnate, you must be level 20. However, for those applicants level 14-19, we’d be happy to boost your XP to cap for the purpose of providing feedback!

1) If you have a level 14+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with (OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TRUE REINCARNATED ONCE), send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
- Forum name

2) Show up at the back of the Rusty Nail tavern during the appropriate time slot. A Turbine staff member will be there and boost your XP (providing you applied beforehand), look for characters with a “+” in the front of their name!

Time Slots:

1) Friday October 30th 10-midnight Eastern
2) Saturday October 31st 2-5pm Eastern
3) Sunday is unconfirmed. If this is the only day you can participate, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

This time we'll also have Lord Poincelot standing alongside of Kruz in House Jorasco to hand out a limted amount of Turbine Points so you can purchase a Greater Heart of Wood. You can also try out Lesser & Greater Reincarnation as well.

We will also open a new "True Reincarnation Round 2" thread to gather feedback from participants in the Reincarnation forums.

Thanks in advance for your help!

HeavenlyCloud
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Level 1+ ? :( I really want to true reincarnate for the second time :O who knows maybe that second reincarnation got a couple of bugs :p.

binnsr
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Level 1+ ? :( I really want to true reincarnate for the second time :O who knows maybe that second reincarnation got a couple of bugs :p.

aye .. would be interested in it as well .. but both of my TR characters are lvl3 still. :(

Borror0
10-30-2009, 03:32 PM
[...] maybe that second reincarnation got a couple of bugs :p.
I was going to say that. You might want to allow everyone, or at least include the characters that TR'd once before for additional free testing.

MadFloyd
10-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I was going to say that. You might want to allow everyone, or at least include the characters that TR'd once before for additional free testing.

Sorry my bad - I should have mentioned that (must edit above post). Yes, if you have TR once, I'd be happy to help you up to level 20 once again so you can give it another go...

HeavenlyCloud
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Sorry my bad - I should have mentioned that (must edit above post). Yes, if you have TR once, I'd be happy to help you up to level 20 once again so you can give it another go...

Yay ^o^ +1 rep.

Dylos_Moon
10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
so um, correct me if I'm wrong, its between 2-5pm EST right now right? I'm not seeing anyone in the rusty nail on lamannia, heck I'm barely seeing anyone on the who list on lamannia.

oberon131313
10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
so um, correct me if I'm wrong, its between 2-5pm EST right now right? I'm not seeing anyone in the rusty nail on lamannia, heck I'm barely seeing anyone on the who list on lamannia.

I'm getting a connection error, so I can't get on, perhaps others are seeing the same thing.

DagazUlf
10-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Still not able to connect at all here, either.

Stuck on this "Connecting to Turbine Download Manager network..." error.

I was really looking forward to trying out a 2nd Reinc.

MadFloyd
11-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Time for round 3!

Are you interested in trying the new True Reincarnation feature? We’re looking for volunteers for some extra testing & feedback! In order to True Reincarnate, you must be level 20. However, for those applicants level 12-19, we’d be happy to boost your XP to cap for the purpose of providing feedback!

1) If you have a level 12+ character on Lamannia that you’d like to try True Reincarnation with (OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TRUE REINCARNATED ONCE), send an email to ddo@turbine.com with the subject “TRUE REINCARNATION”. Include the following details in the body of your email:
- Forum name

2) Show up at the back of the Rusty Nail tavern during the appropriate time slot. A Turbine staff member will be there and boost your XP (providing you applied beforehand), look for characters with a “+” in the front of their name!

Time Slots:
1) Thursday Nov 5th 10pm - midnight EST
2) Friday Nov 6th 4-6pm EST
3) Friday Nov 6th 10pm - midnight EST

If you can't make any of these times, you may still apply and ask for a specific time slot, and if we're able to accomodate you we'll let you know.

We'll also have Lord Poincelot standing alongside of Kruz in House Jorasco to hand out a limted amount of Turbine Points so you can purchase a Greater Heart of Wood.

We'll ask that you send feedback via to the same email address (ddo@turbine.com). Tolero will post details in a separate thread.

Thanks in advance for your help!