PDA

View Full Version : Please find a way to allow alignment change without a true reincarnation!!

Fennario
10-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I ask this once again. For many, this may be the only flaw that their character has. An alignment choice made many moons ago may have had a steep consequence that could not have been predicted when the character was rolled.

Take my neutral ranger for example. I built him around mod 3. A long time before monks were released. I have not leveled him past 16 in anticipation of the coming repecs in hopes to make him lawful and take a monk level. My only option to do this is the true reincarnation. I DO NOT want to lose my favor, xp, and eaten + 3 tomes to level him all the way up again with an xp hit. I have no desire to do so.

Other examples may be a good character who pulled the litany trinket, a lawful neutral monk who would like to use the new pure good handwraps, characters that got screwed over by the umd change... the list could go on and on I am sure.

Please consider this. Thanks.

Arctigis
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
i Ask This Once Again. For Many, This May Be The Only Flaw That Their Character Has. An Alignment Choice Made Many Moons Ago May Have Had A Steep Consequence That Could Not Have Been Predicted When The Character Was Rolled.

Take My Neutral Ranger For Example. I Built Him Around Mod 3. A Long Time Before Monks Were Released. I Have Not Leveled Him Past 16 In Anticipation Of The Coming Repecs In Hopes To Make Him Lawful And Take A Monk Level. My Only Option To Do This Is The True Reincarnation. I Do Not Want To Lose My Favor, Xp, And Eaten + 3 Tomes To Level Him All The Way Up Again With An Xp Hit. I Have No Desire To Do So.

Other Examples May Be A Good Character Who Pulled The Litany Trinket, A Lawful Neutral Monk Who Would Like To Use The New Pure Good Handwraps, Characters That Got Screwed Over By The Umd Change... The List Could Go On And On I Am Sure.

Please Consider This. Thanks.
+1

Aesop
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I would actually like this for extra build options...

I know its a little weird but I would love to see Devoted Performer make its way onto the scene... a Paladin Bard... just neat.

That could open up a whole new level of build options.

as a builder by nature I would love to be able to do things like that

Aesop

Lorien_the_First_One
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I would actually like this for extra build options...

I know its a little weird but I would love to see Devoted Performer make its way onto the scene... a Paladin Bard... just neat.

That could open up a whole new level of build options.

as a builder by nature I would love to be able to do things like that

Aesop

If they allow respecs of alignment they should not allow changes to "impossible" builds under D&D rules unless they also put in place the penalties for such multiclassing (such as lawful barbarians losing the ability to rage)

Sirea
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I just posted about this in another thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2485492&postcount=84

+1

Poor Shantasi, all she wants is a Monk level :(

Arctigis
10-15-2009, 04:11 AM
I wouldn't propose allowing an alignment choice that is not compatible with the current class selections (unless
we are able to change those as well). This would mean monk MCs are restricted to lawful, barbs non-lawful etc.