PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, quests never go inactive?

Kraldor
10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I was soloing I dream of Jeets on my sorc on friday- alt-f4ed out when i had to go somewhere.

Logged back in tonight, Tuesday.

Quest still active - same instance with same objective, no reentry penalty. Like I was never gone.

I don't know if this is intended but I have no complaints!

SteeleTrueheart
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Known bug. MrCow has been using it to his advantage (and ours!) for testing.

Shade
10-14-2009, 01:29 AM
May simply be a server setting and not a bug.

So few people play lamannia that the server has enough memory/diskspace to store all the dungeons..

On live they probably can't do this on live as they'd run outa memory/diskspace eventually as more and more players leave complex instances open and never log back on.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 01:54 AM
May simply be a server setting and not a bug.

I was thinking the same--not a bad way for the devs to give us a hand in trying out some of the new content fully.

"Us" in the communal sense--I won't set foot in Lama.

Mjoll
10-14-2009, 03:24 AM
I noticed it too and I have no complaints. Might seem like an easy button but it's great for a casual player with an irregular play time like myself. I'm tired of "I've been playing this instance for 30 mins, 5 more minutes and I can finish it but I have to log out NOW... Argh!".

Hopefully this feature makes it to the live servers with some sort of limitation like resetting the instance if you don't log back in X hours.

jakeelala
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I noticed it too and I have no complaints. Might seem like an easy button but it's great for a casual player with an irregular play time like myself. I'm tired of "I've been playing this instance for 30 mins, 5 more minutes and I can finish it but I have to log out NOW... Argh!".

Hopefully this feature makes it to the live servers with some sort of limitation like resetting the instance if you don't log back in X hours.

yeah what an awesome possibility for solo'ists.

Qzipoun
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
yeah what an awesome possibility for solo'ists.

I really hope that's sarcasm...

[Just in case it's not, this would be horrible for solo'ists...]

404error
10-14-2009, 06:22 PM
No its a bug and should be fixed soon.

Darkestsun
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
I sure hope its fixed soon, I cant even start the game because the NPC's glitched out on the first quest. Normally one could just abandon the quest, but you cant. Or they could get an ally and drop them, but its the first quest so I cant. Basicly I'm stuck with the option of rerolling, which i did, but Jeets just gets stuck again.

Mjoll
10-15-2009, 01:22 AM
After enjoying the good part of the bug I ran into the bad part of it... I was running Catacombs and I was about to finish the chain, only had Archbishop's Fate left to do. The problem is Archbishop's Fate shares the same instance with Seek Dryden's Counsel (the instance you have to visit every time you finish one of the Catacombs quests) that refuses to reset and has been active for at least 12 hours. I thought that if I enter another quest it will reset Seek Dryden's Counsel. Not only that it didn't do that but right now I have Seek Dryden's Counsel, Redfang the Unruled and Freshen the Air active.

MrCow
10-15-2009, 02:20 PM
As of the Thursday patch, I can confirm that instances are resetting again.

MagicianBlade
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM

Disk space is cheap, swap it out, let us return to it within an hour, if everyone in the instance disconnects.