PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on multiclassing?

Temego
10-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Yeh, so Im DLing DDO atm, mainly cause it seems like a game where you can really make your character whatever you like (Skills/stats/classes). I've played almost every popular/semi-popular game since EQ1, but never really had the time to check out DDO properly :O.

So.. I'd like to make a quite 'unique' char; I hate the fact that in most games there's 100k players who have exactly same stats and skills as you. Ive been reading thru these forums quite a bit, and multiclassing seems to be very interesting :O

Would something like this work; Bard14/Ranger6? Bard doesnt get any important buffs after 14 (Right?) and Ranger already has good skills at 6.

Or, could I lower Bard/ranger a few levels, and even add 2 Monk levels?

Yeh I know Ill probably **** up some accounts before I seriously get into the game, but would be good if someone could suggest a better combo or something, if this wouldnt work?

Thanks!

JStone
10-13-2009, 04:58 AM
i mentioned something similar to this before but with rog levels instead of ranger levels,
the 6 ranger levels get you some nice feats yes,but i have heard that bard really should go to level 15 for the AC song.
that only leaves five levels left, you might consider rog for those five levels that will get you some sneak attacks, evasion, and uncanny dodge, as well as trapsmithing and UMD skills

if you do this i suggest taking rog at level one, although that might not be best for bard who needs perform.

either way make sure you have a good dex, int, and charisma, (hmmm drow) con and str need to be at least 12

i dont know alot about bards but this sounds like a virtuoso type build, grab a rapier and a buckler and remember to yell "en guarde" before any fight.

Mercules
10-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Hmmmm.... Pure Bards are fun too. 1-6 of Ranger will get you some good feats and the first level of Tempest but getting the Feats needed to unlock it might be difficult. It does get you Improved TWF. The main issue with sticking in Ranger is that you gain spells fairly slow as a Bard and mixing in a level of Ranger here and there is going to slow that progression even further. As a Warchanter you will be a solid buffing character but not until late levels.

Being as you are not a vet with dozens of characters under your belt who has been there and done that in every quest you might want to build a character that doesn't just bloom late game but is fun all the way through.

This might be fun all the way through, but it might not. You may or may not be able to melee effectively levels 1-20. I think that is where your focus is going over the Crowd Control aspect, correct? So then the question becomes, which comes when. When do I advance as a Bard and when do I advance as a Ranger?

Not a bad build, you probably won't have many HPs and you won't have Evasion which might lead to frustration late game when a Blade Barrier, trap, spell about wipes you out. You won't need a ton of Dex to be able to hit so Str, Con, Cha become priorities.

Good Luck! :)

Dexxaan
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Don`t MultiClass until you first define what you are looking for, and what paths can get you there.

I.E. - Don`t MultiClass until you know what you are doing and have eceived some qualified input regarding your end-build.

Using the Character Planner is a must. Go to: www.rjcyberware.com and make use of the single best tool out there.

Good Luck.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Don`t MultiClass until you first define what you are looking for, and what paths can get you there.

I.E. - Don`t MultiClass until you know what you are doing and have eceived some qualified input regarding your end-build.

Using the Character Planner is a must. Go to: www.rjcyberware.com and make use of the single best tool out there.

Good Luck.

Good advice.

For example, whats your reason for adding the ranger above? What roll do you see your bard playing? Will he be a warchanter? A spellsinger? A virtuoso? Is he a buffer? CC caster? Offensive caster? Healer? Melee type?

There is no reason to take less than 6 levels of ranger, and then only ifyou are doing it for TWF.

To answer your specific quesiton on what you will miss out on, you will not be able to take Inspire Heroics, will lose 6 DC on your spells (enough that crowd control is probably a guarenteed fail at mid to high levels), many spell points (so healing might be a problem if you wanted that path), at least 1 pt on your damage spell, and reduction in duration on your buffs. You will not get your level 6 spells and will lose half of your L5 spells.