PDA

View Full Version : I have a questions about tomes.....

DDLoki
10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I recently bought a supreme tome for a character of mine and was quite pleased with it...however I when i returned to the DDO store i notice that now the tome section is no longer available to me...is this an accident or by design so as not to have a person jack the character up with tomes all day

If this thread was already out there, i apologize, but i have only recently begun playing so i haven't had the time to pour thru all the threads.

Thucydides04
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I recently bought a supreme tome for a character of mine and was quite pleased with it...however I when i returned to the DDO store i notice that now the tome section is no longer available to me...is this an accident or by design so as not to have a person jack the character up with tomes all day

If this thread was already out there, i apologize, but i have only recently begun playing so i haven't had the time to pour thru all the threads.

How much do the supreme tomes cost?

Pwesiela
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM

The store excludes any tomes that you have already used on your character. Since you now have a +2 tome on all stats (supreme tome does this I believe) there are no more tomes you could buy from the store that would add to your character. So they take them out. If you want better tomes on that character, you better start raiding for the +3s.

TFPAQ
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
The store excludes any tomes that you have already used on your character. Since you now have a +2 tome on all stats (supreme tome does this I believe) there are no more tomes you could buy from the store that would add to your character. So they take them out. If you want better tomes on that character, you better start raiding for the +3s.

Basically the store does an "inherent bonus" check on tomes and doesn't allow you to purchase those you have already used.

However, the store will allow you to buy multiple supremes as long as you haven't used any tomes. If you purchase any of the individual +2s, you can't buy a second one even if you didn't use it. It would appear that Turbine is fine with you spending something like 2898 Turbine Points per +2 supreme to your hearts content, just not multiple +2 individual tomes for something like 655.

Pwesiela
10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Basically the store does an "inherent bonus" check on tomes and doesn't allow you to purchase those you have already used.

However, the store will allow you to buy multiple supremes as long as you haven't used any tomes. If you purchase any of the individual +2s, you can't buy a second one even if you didn't use it. It would appear that Turbine is fine with you spending something like 2898 Turbine Points per +2 supreme to your hearts content, just not multiple +2 individual tomes for something like 655.

Out of curiosity (not really wanting to look and see for myself at the moment), are these supreme's BtA or BtC?